Why are you unhappy today?

12,827 posts in this topic

Macron crooned to us slowly, intimately, with just enough of an accent to be utterly charming, in a soft, empathetic voice. A winner. You have to give the French credit for their social style.

Compare Carla Bruni s curtsey to The Queen to that of Ms Truss to The King... oh dear... Deportment went out with the ark but when it is lacking can be sorely detrimental to one s credibility. As a woman she will be undermined because of this.

On 9/9/2022, 4:14:46, Metall said:

... from the Interwebs:

tubular! this deserves a greenie.

Angela Lansbury is dead - Headlines on BBC World service, but only a short notice just before the weather forecast on Tagesschau.

I Loved Angela Lnsbury so much. She was briliant i so many classic movies and Murder She Wrote.

The demolition of the house in our back yard. Pretty close. Thank the Lord for soundproof windows - it sounds like love-sick dinosaurs out there.

A familiar view for 17 years - since we moved here - gone...

5 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

The demolition of the house in our back yard. Pretty close. Thank the Lord for soundproof windows - it sounds like love-sick dinosaurs out there.

I just read "Verbietet das Bauen" by Daniel Fuhrhop. He describes how unnecessary and wasteful demolition often is.

13 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

I just read "Verbietet das Bauen" by Daniel Fuhrhop. He describes how unnecessary and wasteful demolition often is.

They will rebuild pretty soon. Don't ask.

43 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

We (wife and three kids) used to live in a really old Bauernhaus about ten years ago, I cycled past on Monday and it's gone. A month ago it was still there, such a shame, it had a beautiful hand painted wall mural and was built ca. 1906. Pretty sure a block of apartments will replace it. :( 

1 minute ago, Janx Spirit said:

We (wife and three kids) used to live in a really old Bauernhaus about ten years ago, I cycled past on Monday and it's gone. A month ago it was still there, such a shame, it had a beautiful hand painted wall mural and was built ca. 1906. Pretty sure a block of apartments will replace it. :( 

Exactly. That's what they will build. Including only half the number of parking spaces than apartments in their garage (which they have to use our small access tunnel through our building to get to). We just pray they won't find a bomb from WWII...

53 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Including only half the number of parking spaces than apartments in their garage...

Similar happened when three rows of apartment blocks were built on one of the main roads nearby.

Maybe they had one parking space per apartment but it seems that most who live there are working pairs & thus both have cars.

The result is that they park up in a nearby side road (which is one of the ways out of our area) thus partly blocking the road.

Surely there are rules about parking spaces.

Where I lived in the UK, seven dwellings, ten and a half parking spaces had to be provided😉

3 hours ago, Sannerl said:

They will rebuild pretty soon.

Welcome to 2 yrs. of keeping your windows closed against noise and Dreck.

2 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Surely there are rules about parking spaces.

Where I lived in the UK, seven dwellings, ten and a half parking spaces had to be provided😉

That applies for private homes here - two parking spaces per home - but here, the city is involved. Only half as many parking spaces as flats.

27 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Welcome to 2 yrs. of keeping your windows closed against noise and Dreck.

Really? - Who would have thought. And neighbors where none were before. Curtains or shades required (which I hate).

Additional noise because of dozens of cars driving through our house on a daily bases.

Less light because the new building will be higher than the one before.

Our dear friend lost her battle with cancer after years of fighting and doing all she could. She was only 46 years old. We were at the family home the last few days with her and her husband. Throngs of people were there all the time. Her husband said, "She dies as she lived, surrounded by people." We knew it was coming, but I am still caught off guard and can't believe it went so fast.

This is the third cancer death of a person close to me in three years. I am tired of sitting shiv'a for the living.

The ordeal of the last 9 months is seemingly not worth a single conversation, including with my daughter. I am sick at heart and still do not understand what landed me in such deep, irrepairable shit. Silence and lies the weapons of the damaged and twisted who are my entourage. The why escapes me and nobody s telling, presumably because the truth is so awful and cannot be spoken. Dunno how this will end for her or for me. It s filthy under that carpet.