Why are you unhappy today?

12,792 posts in this topic

On 05/09/2022, 19:11:03, john g. said:

Nicole had just finished feeding our three cats plus the homeless one abandoned by former neighbours last year. The latter cat jumped over the wall.

About five minutes later, I took Mandy out for a Pipirunde and found the dead body of the cat on the main road. It had just been run over. Instant death ( thank God ). At least it was a quick death.😟

That’s sad John though the cat’s end was made easier by having enjoyed a good meal, and instant.

I just got back from the vet with our Gracie. She was diagnosed over 2 years ago with end stage kidney disease. Unusual for a young cat. Since then, I was able to order medication from the vet though this time, they refused saying I’d have to bring Gracie for a check. As she’s a really timid cat and stress is super damaging to kidneys, I urged them to continue prescriptions based on her being treated palliatively. No, rules are test every year. Well that didn’t bother them before! Gesetz something or other!

Fortunately, I got an appointment straight away with the only nice vet at the clinic. Same prognosis….not long now though I’ll know when….

Still, who knows, she’s better than ever now so may defy the odds that she has so far already. I’d absolutely never let her suffer though. She loves her little bumbles around the garden and plays happily during the night. Even the vet said that test results don’t always mean the worst. Make every day as nice as possible. Applies to us humans too.

Medication now approved ongoing. No more checks required. 

It stinks really strong of cannabis in our street. Wafting in through the window. Dunno if it is my daughter s teacher...or another dodgy neighbour. Takes me back to the police cell unfortunately.

Actually in the house. I was alone and not guilty. So strong it seemed to be clinging to my hair and clothes afterwards when I was out. :wacko:

Sounds like the Queen is unwell.  Statement was low key.  But there was a kerfuffle in the HOC.   Family are reported to be on way to Balmoral.   Truss has made a statement wishing her well.

Edit  BBC One has switched programs to News.

Huw Edwards is wearing a black tie... BBC Huw Edwards

The other BBC studio presenters, and the signing guy, now in  black.  And embedded BBC font title changed to black from red.

When the Queen does pass away, Netflix has an actress already lined up to play her in the biopic, Elizabeth II.

cover

Let's hope they make a better job of it than the French who managed to announce the last Pope's death prematurely and had to do some backtracking cos he was still breathing. One thing 's for sure, there will be more of a hoo-haa than Mikhail got. Country will grind to an mass-hysterical halt. Time to proclaim a République Brute. Sorry, Brite.