Why are you unhappy today?

12,611 posts in this topic

Hundreds to hear some screeching singer? No need to pay, there is an open-air venue near me, the 'music' is so loud you can 'enjoy' it from outside, no need to buy a ticket😉

When the wind is right, we have enjoyed concerts at the Olympiapark on our back balcony. Three Tenors, Michael Jackson, etc.

I’m so upset my daughter got a tattoo.

1 hour ago, emkay said:

I’m so upset my daughter got a tattoo.

I felt like that when my daughter got one, I was so annoyed with her, but now, a few years later, I don't even think about it. If it's discreet and not too visible, then let it go.  She's still the daughter you love and a small tattoo won't change that.  I know they are awful to us, but if that's the worse she does, then you've done a good job.

My daughter got one when she was twenty.   Discreet sure, not that big I guess, but a lot of block black ink.  On her lovely pink flank.  I understand the sadnessl.   Of course I still love her!   And I know it is not a big deal. 

My daughter got one done years ago. A small rose on her upper arm near the shoulder. So quite discreet. My 22 year old granddaughter had the whole of her arm tatooed 3 years ago. So not discreet at all. Seems to be the thing nowadays getting whole limbs tatooed. So many actors / actresses sporting them as well.  

44 minutes ago, Tap said:

I felt like that when my daughter got one, I was so annoyed with her, but now, a few years later, I don't even think about it. If it's discreet and not too visible, then let it go.  She's still the daughter you love and a small tattoo won't change that.  I know they are awful to us, but if that's the worse she does, then you've done a good job.

Thank you….I just told her that I respect her adult choices. And of course I love her just as much. Thankfully the tattoo is small and fine now I’ve seen it closer.  Earlier, it was a quick flash before she went out. Certainly her new boyfriend’s influence though thats normal too I guess.  His mum will probably freak even more as his tattoo is far bigger. Before this, we used to talk about anything being better than a permanent thing…pink hair, shaved hair etc.

I've never wanted a tattoo. My daughter had a small one done last year on her tummy. It's a fashion and I wouldn't tell her , an adult , she shouldn't have done it. It's a fashion... up to her.

What I find really ugly is a full arm or leg job. 

People who once thought it was a fashion are having them removed. Of course, not the small, discreet ones.

My granddaughter put a big hole in the side of her nose and wears some kind of guage in it. I can't even look at her. She was so beautiful. If her father were alive, she never would have done it.

I’m even more sad that, although I’ve gotten more ok about this over the last few hours, there’s quite a cloud hanging over us. She and her boyfriend are now talking about going home (back to Uni) tomorrow instead of Saturday. Such a shame….we were having a lovely time together. 

13 minutes ago, emkay said:

I’m even more sad that, although I’ve gotten more ok about this over the last few hours, there’s quite a cloud hanging over us. She and her boyfriend are now talking about going home (back to Uni) tomorrow instead of Saturday. Such a shame….we were having a lovely time together. 

Don't take it personally, emkay. I know where and with whom I wanted to hang out at that age.

@ Emkay - Shorty also has two tattoos, and that would never have been my choice, but please don´t let something like this come between you!

It seems to me that little M has always been an absolutely perfect daughter all of her life, and now she is just the same, perfect little M with some decoration, for want of a better word, but it doesn´t make her a different person from the little M that you love and have cared for all these years, and I am sure you are still very proud of her!

Maybe you can take time out to have a quiet chat with her about things, and how you generally feel about tattoos? We tend to forget that there is a generation gap, don´t we?

I prefer spanish ink precision when it comes to tatts

52 minutes ago, emkay said:

That's loving mummy talk❤️

I understand👍

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

People who once thought it was a fashion are having them removed. Of course, not the small, discreet ones.

My granddaughter put a big hole in the side of her nose and wears some kind of guage in it. I can't even look at her. She was so beautiful. If her father were alive, she never would have done it.

Forget Monty Python! What have the Polynesians ever done for us?😂

I am unhappy because a food retailer is building a bigger new store near home. The old one is perfectly adequate, but that will be bulldozed as soon as the new store is open. 

Instead of blowing a million on a new store, they should drop the prices. But I suspect that the cost of the new store can be set against tax, so it costs much less really.

I wish there was a simple small cheap food store near home, even the so-called discounters are going fancy.

12 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Instead of blowing a million on a new store

A flat cost that much in Munich. I imagine they are paying much, much more.

Thank you all for your kind posts re my dismay that my daughter got a tattoo yesterday.  It’s all blown over now thankfully….nothing can be done other than to have a great day all together before they go home tomorrow.