Why are you unhappy today?

12,756 posts in this topic

Cause immoscout 24 screwed up my ad (didn't add in NK) so got a bunch of unhappy people claiming I misrepresented the offer

My brother informed me that our 64-year-old cousin in Italy is already taken in a retirement home. He suffers from Parkinson and has great difficulty with speech. Geez, only 64. 

The Real supermarket finally closed yesterday, it's reopening as Kaufland tomorrow.

They must have a huge team there to get it ready in time, the car park is full to overflowing...

42 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

The Real supermarket finally closed yesterday, it's reopening as Kaufland tomorrow.

They must have a huge team there to get it ready in time, the car park is full to overflowing...

Be grateful that it isn't closing altogether. 

Opening the next day?

Some of the real stores are closed for months to be converted to edeka or kaufland. I shall be shopping at the so-called discounters in the meantime😃

Minding my own business on a sun bed today, I suddenly felt an excruciating pain. My Nicole saw the culprit- a hornet had just stung my left small toe and then done a runner.

My first ever bite by that wonder of nature🙁

It feels as if I have a broken toe.

Still hurts and that was about 8 hours ago.

Not recommended. 

58 minutes ago, john g. said:

Minding my own business on a sun bed today, I suddenly felt an excruciating pain. My Nicole saw the culprit- a hornet had just stung my left small toe and then done a runner.

My first ever bite by that wonder of nature🙁

It feels as if I have a broken toe.

Still hurts and that was about 8 hours ago.

Not recommended. 

Hornets do not often attack people.   But big wasp or hornet, whatever, not the problem!  The pain.  Ice is really good.  Lots and lots of ice.   And in your gin and tonic too!

I have camped with a friend and she would eat a slice of bread with cheese and jam, gently encouraging the wasps to the side away from here mouth!

Flapping is bad.  Makes things worse.  But I found they are not attracted to the nut spreads, like Nutella.  Unlike the children.  Happy camping.

Thank you for your empathy!❤️❤️

Funny thing, you know. Nicole has been watching a series called " shark attack " and since this week will no longer swim too far out. And our swimming season has just begun ( water too cold for us still.. but today, after wading for about 15 minutes, I shouted out to myself " get it over with " - and, after about 10 seconds , it was fine! )

And Nicole carried on talking about shark attacks in Greece over the past 100 years!! 

And then smeared herself on her sun bed with anti-bite stuff. She gets attacked by mosquitoes a lot and also by a hornet from under the sun bed last year! And I admit I felt immune. Stuff like that never happens to me!! Mosquitoes, moi? No! They don't find me attractive!😂

Then it happened.  ( Like some archer finding me with their arrow!). Very abrupt and painful and me thinking I had trodden on a thistle ( had just got back from Gassegehen in the bushes.. WITH the dogs, I hasten to add😂)..

And then I realised my learning lesson. Humility! And putting myself in another person's shoes ( though I was without shoes😂)...lest I forget...

A lesson well worth learning...

10 hours ago, john g. said:

You´re still not Germanized enough. Otherwise, this wouldn´t have happened since you´d have worn socks and sandals.

Wasn't sure where to put this as I am also flummoxed but mostly unhappy...

€400+ for a Bruce Springsteen ticket? Jesus fucking Joyriding Jeepers.

I love the guy but that's silly money.

I would put that in the The Vent - NO CHAT! thread. If you add transportation costs, some drinks and food, then indeed is this silly money. 

Don t play the game. 

Greed. Middle men. Hangeronners. Don t feed them.

YouTube :lol:

It is not just Bruce Springsteen.  Mind you, cannot remember what I paid when I saw him at the Hammersmith Odeon.   Great concert, tiny venue..    Later I saw him at Wembley but not even half the fun. it is all so far away.  

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I could have 6 or 7 one hour massages for that money. Oh, and I hate Can't Sing Springsteen. 

I like him, but I do not think I would enjoy any of these huge concerts.  Also, do not like massages.

I was at the "last" Led Zep concert at Wembley.  On the way in someone offered me 100 quid.  I regretted not taking that for years, was a huge amount for me at the time.  

23 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

It is not just Bruce Springsteen.  Mind you, cannot remember what I paid when I saw him at the Hammersmith Odeon.   Great concert, tiny venue..    Later I saw him at Wembley but not even half the fun. it is all so far away.  

I remember going to see the Rolling stones in Munich about 1990 or 1991 at the Olympic park. At the time I could hardly make them out on stage, had to use binoculars!, the stage was just so far away.  Had a look at the price to see they last Sunday night, it was 270 Euro' s its like I do anything to see them but I not paying that.

I was told many years ago, to walk up the hill at the back of the park, sometimes you can see stuff, so Last Sunday I did, and indeed, with binoculars I could see the large screens, inside the stadium showing the concert, but I could not see them, but I felt it was worth it somehow. I could see and hear them and there lots of people around to chat with.

I remember my brother saying you go to concerts for the atmosphere, not the music  - and indeed there was an atmosphere on to of the hill, with so many people and a few beers, music was loud enough and I could see mostly what was going on. 

Just a bit unhappy it rained a bit, but I had the right gear with me and in a ruck sack was was not too bad

3 hours ago, snowingagain said:

I like him, but I do not think I would enjoy any of these huge concerts.  Also, do not like massages.

I was at the "last" Led Zep concert at Wembley.  On the way in someone offered me 100 quid.  I regretted not taking that for years, was a huge amount for me at the time.  

I was a penniless c.12 year old in my school uniform in Southend on Sea when the Beatles came to town. Queues for tickets, people sleeping outside to stay in the queues.

I was envious and chucked a couple of stones in their general direction.

Unfortunately, I was spotted by a policeman, who asked my name.

At school the next day, I got six of the best from the headmaster. It still stings in my memory!🤭

Mind you, c. the same year or the following, I found a bank note on the beach in Great Yarmouth and showed it to my dad. We were on holiday there. He told me the Stones were playing there and drove me to the theatre. It was a sunny day and a shirtless Jimmy Saville was going to be the host and nearly ran me over in his car whilst we were moving towards to the ticket box.

Remember the screaming of the girls during the Stones' performance. 

Don't remember having found the bank note ( my brother Ted reminded me some years ago ). 

Don't remember how much the bank note was- maybe a tenner?

Edit: 15 shillings for a ticket. 1965.

https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/lifestyle/heritage/letter-did-you-see-rolling-stones-at-great-yarmouth-s-1890190