Why are you unhappy today?

12,540 posts in this topic

The Nashville, Tennessee Board of Education has banned the teaching of Art Spiegelman's Pulitzer Prize-winning graphic novel, Maus, in the public schools.
Here is a graphic Spiegelman created several years ago for use by libraries.

61f257376833e_ArtSpiegelmanKeepyournosei

And here is the complete article.

Other articles note that the Board of Education cited the expression 'God Damn' and graphic depictions of naked mice as the reasons for rejecting Spiegelman's book.

My young neighbour next to the office .. his puppy plays with mine. He has just had 10 days quarantine. Corona despite double vaccination. Finally came out of the hatch today . His girlfriend has left him and taken the dog with her. Separation time. He's young. Plenty of fish in the sea.

I'm not a marriage counsellor. Not that he's married. But anyway. Schade. I offered support. He didn't know I'd been married twice.. ( yes, I checked my diaries!)😂

BUT-- he is so sweet he offered to take my puppy Mandy for a Gassegehen. Half an hour in the cold out there and Mandy did her " big business." 

And I avoided the Altbau spiral staircase! And live to tell another tale!

Edit: this should be a split between the happy and unhappy thread!

I think we were all following the story. How sad. They were about 80 cm. from him when I was watching yesterday. They did mention that he could have broken his neck, etc. when he fell.

This is why Boris is not just an incompetent bumbling twat but also dangerous. He was obviously taking lessons from Trump on lack of decency and stupidity. The only silver lining is that he might cost the Tories the next election. Before anyone says the Tories will be better than any Labour gov't or what's the alternative? Just think about the corruption over PPE, the number of lives lost at the start of the Pandemic, the Food Banks, the debacle that Brexit is and that's before we take into account the incessant lieing. A sad day for British political credibility.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60297998

Your heart has spoken. And your soul has spoken. And they are always right.

That goes for all of us.

Tears are streaming down my face after reading your posts. Life isn't always fair, people who bring sunshine into our world often have their lifes cut short.

Wishing you strength and comfort for the days ahead. You are one of the good people Metall.

Thank you. I don't know about me being good (not necessarily), but I wanted to say what's been on my mind, and why I've been kind of quiet in the past weeks. All of this happened in January. And then some.

On 2/14/2022, 11:04:30, john g. said:

Your heart has spoken. And your soul has spoken. And they are always right.

That goes for all of us.

I hope not. I feel like I have failed. And I don't think I am to blame. How the hell did I get here? And when will the truth out? I don't expect it will. So I will be left holding the can, looking like the baddy, while the AL goes merrily on his way charming everyone into thinking he is Mr. Nice and my daughter pays the price.

And when the shit hits the fan, you find out how inadequate the so-called professionals are. So disheartening.

And people, don't imagine for one second you are actually in a position to have any clue what is going on.

Somebody has to look like the vilain. And it is me. And it sucks.

Yeah, you reap what you sow. Bring it on. But don't forget that life can also just shit on you for no reason. Or because some bastards will exploit you for their own purposes.