Why are you unhappy today?

12,540 posts in this topic

Bramble.. I was just about to moan about something but that pales into insignificance compared to the loss of your beautiful wolf-dog.馃檨 He really loved you.

My sincerest sympathies.

I鈥檓 so sorry for your loss. Joker was so lucky to have shared聽12 years with you in your loving care.

7 hours ago, bramble said:

100_4626%2B%25282%2529.JPG

I'm so sorry for your loss. He had a wonderful life.

Thanks so much for all the sympathy. Joker will be cremated tomorrow. I have chosen an urn that disintegrates聽when buried. I will bury it in one of my large plant boxes on the patio. Part of the ashes I will take along the routes we walked daily and strew a bit here and there. I'm so glad I started a blog when I collected him from Spain all those years ago. It's full of photos and videos of him and the friends he made along the way. With my comments it's like a picture story book documenting our life together, which I can browse through at whim.聽

A very young Joker in the shelter in Cordoba, Spain. This is the photo that caught my eye and pierced my heart, when I decided to adopt a dog, my last dog:

DOGUI1.jpg

At the airport Malaga when I collected him. Araceli聽his carer had taken him out of his crate to introduce him to me. I boarded the plane with two other dogs (the crates in the photo), whose new owners were waiting for them at D眉sseldorf airport:

100_3166.jpg

I gave him a Leckerli and the bonding started, which lasted 12 wonderful years.聽

mom fell and fractured her hip, dad can't be left alone, sister is flying to Seattle tomorrow. fuck.聽

Sorry to hear that Tor!

Glad that your sister can get there to help with your Dad.

Wishing you (and her!) strength!

4 hours ago, tor said:

mom fell and fractured her hip, dad can't be left alone, sister is flying to Seattle tomorrow. fuck.聽

We wish all of them all the best!

Because I learnt about a pet dog being hijacked by a group of Filipinos in Larnaca who had him for barbecue. The lady owner is still looking for him and the friend's friend, who is a witness, doesn't want to share his knowledge for fear of retaliation. While I know that it's not much different from buying pork from farm factories via Lidl and that there is actually no reason to feel different about dogs than pics I'm still upset. @Keleth may call me a racist SoB, but I don't want people like those around.

Well,聽nicking someone else's聽companion animal聽whether it be a dog, pig or horse is not OK. Nicking it to eat is several miles more wicked.

Revolting.

It's very different to buying pork from Lidl, or the other meats from wherever.

You gotta be desperate to eat dog though. Do those people live like dogs ? Not exactly most people s meat of choice.

43 minutes ago, optimista said:

You gotta be desperate to eat dog though. Do those people live like dogs ? Not exactly most people s meat of choice.

In Asia it is not uncommon to eat dogs.

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

It's very different to buying pork from Lidl, or the other meats from wherever.

This dog probably had a better life and had to suffer less than factory farmed animals, the parts of which you can buy at supermarkets.

20 minutes ago, jeba said:

This dog probably had a better life and had to suffer less than factory farmed animals, the parts of which you can buy at supermarkets.

Possibly so.
We live in a little farm village and one of the farms has cows. In nearly 20 years of us living in the village, the cows have not once been outside of their shed. In what world is that not cruel?

Still horrific for that to happen to someone's pet though.