Why are you unhappy today?

12,540 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they are OK. 

Thanks, The news are not so good for such a stupid accident. She just picked up her oldest daughter: broken joints in her legs and many contusions. The youngest daughter is still at the hospital with Papa, there's fear that they need to operate :(

They're good friends besides being neighbours and my wife and me feel terrible.. I reminded her it's 100% not our fault and we shouldn't act weird with them - just be there for them as we'd always be, but I'm not sure either how to move forward. 

10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Tiger Woods has had another horrific car crashed and damaged his legs again. Seems his last crash didn't teach him to slow down.

I watched him win his first Masters and have been following him ever since.

What a shame. How many lives does he have?

here

I think Yahoo News is regurgitating old news.  Even though the article is dated today, the information appears to be from February.  I can't find any other credible sources that will support the Yahoo article as being recent.

2 minutes ago, JG52 said:

I think Yahoo News is regurgitating old news.  Even though the article is dated today, the information appears to be from February.  I can't find any other credible sources that will support the Yahoo article as being recent.

Thanks for that. For some reason, it was in my daily news feed with the date 2021 on it.

Whew!!

I had a hard time believing that lightening struck twice.

I will try to delete my post.

On 15/12/2021, 15:48:46, optimista said:

There was an armed robbery in broad daylight at our local Aldi the other day. :blink:

What that bastard needs!

5 hours ago, mtbiking said:

Thanks, The news are not so good for such a stupid accident. She just picked up her oldest daughter: broken joints in her legs and many contusions. The youngest daughter is still at the hospital with Papa, there's fear that they need to operate :(

They're good friends besides being neighbours and my wife and me feel terrible.. I reminded her it's 100% not our fault and we shouldn't act weird with them - just be there for them as we'd always be, but I'm not sure either how to move forward. 

Jesus that's absolutely awful. I hope all concerned make a swift recovery, physically and emotionally.

6 hours ago, mtbiking said:

That is really awful🙁. Really awful and I wish for a speedy recovery for all concerned. 

Thanks for the get well wishes. I just drove my parents in law home. My FiL doesn’t want to drive for the time being.. it was his first accident in 30 years. Does anyone by the way know what this means for his driver’s license? I’m hoping that tomorrow brings good news🙁

Had a friend this happened to. She was the unfortunate victim.

I would sincerely hope that good sense prevails and that your FIL would voluntarily surrender his driving licence without being asked, let alone forced. 

When you have an accident caused by inexplicable confusion about the pedals, it s time to stop driving. Hard though that decision is to make.

I am unhappy because since Wednesday evening I have flu symptoms. I have to drag myself to a pharmacy to do a covid test. If it is positive will the pharmacy staff have to isolate ? I already don t get the logic.

19 hours ago, mtbiking said:

She just picked up her oldest daughter: broken joints in her legs and many contusions. The youngest daughter is still at the hospital with Papa, there's fear that they need to operate :(

They're good friends besides being neighbours and my wife and me feel terrible.. I reminded her it's 100% not our fault and we shouldn't act weird with them - just be there for them as we'd always be, but I'm not sure either how to move forward

Crap.

Let's hope today brings better news.

Awful for all of you. It totally isn't your fault, and you are absolutely right - being as you would always be is the only way, otherwise it's about you and not them. 

Let us know how it goes, opti. I have wondered how they separate people with symptoms from those with no symptoms.

All the best.

3 hours ago, kiplette said:

Crap.

Let's hope today brings better news.

Awful for all of you. It totally isn't your fault, and you are absolutely right - being as you would always be is the only way, otherwise it's about you and not them. 

Thanks! It felt good to read that, it makes so much sense.

The child is still under observation at the hospital but so far no visible need to operate, which is very good news.

11 hours ago, john g. said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59696442

People with nothing better to do than set fire to things.

I mean, how stupid are some people?🙁

IKEA puts up a goat in Iceland every christmas and it's also become a tradition to burn it down.  They put up security and sometimes the goat wins.

11 hours ago, john g. said:

... how stupid are some people?🙁

The sky s the limit. This looks like they just have no other challenge in their sad, pointless lives.

On 16/12/2021, 23:29:42, mtbiking said:

Thanks for the get well wishes. I just drove my parents in law home. My FiL doesn’t want to drive for the time being.. it was his first accident in 30 years. Does anyone by the way know what this means for his driver’s license? I’m hoping that tomorrow brings good news🙁

For his own peace of mind, perhaps he should subject himself to a medical and decide based in the result whether or not to surrender his licence. A similar thing happened here with our neighbour. She shot out backwards out of her driveway and careered through a wall on the other side of the street. She narrowly (by feet not yards) missed hitting my other neighbour who was walking past. She decided to voluntarily surrender her licence, when she realised it could have been a child and not a wall.

But the accident may well be unrelated to his age, in which case if a doctor deems him medically fit, he could in good conscience continue to drive.

I actually don't like how people can just keep driving here without a medical. In Ireland once you hit 70 your licence is valid for a maximum of 3 years and renewal applications must be accompanied by a medical certificate from a doctor. If the doctor so chooses, he can indicate that the licence should only be valid for 1 year at a time.

I'm glad my mum is still driving at almost 80 but I'm also glad her doctor is checking her to make sure she's fit to drive. 

Just caught up on the Ashes between Australia and England. The English team have been totally outclassed, they'll have to follow on but it's the first two tests they've lost. If Australia decide not to enforce the follow on, they'll be just playing with the English team the same way a cat does with a mouse.