Why are you unhappy today?

12,482 posts in this topic

My dear relative (DR) may have caught Covid in his nursing home... he's in the hospital for a PCR test and diagnostics... the nursing home accused us of infecting him (we haven't been there in 3 weeks because of rising numbers)...
And then UR (useless relative) turns out to be an antivaxxer! He starts to spout:"See! If DR gets sick after getting 3 three shots, that PROVES  vaccinations are useless!! We don't need them yadda yaddy".

Did I mention UR lied to us for a year about his vaccination status?

21 hours ago, Metall said:

My dear relative (DR) may have caught Covid in his nursing home... he's in the hospital for a PCR test and diagnostics... the nursing home accused us of infecting him (we haven't been there in 3 weeks because of rising numbers)...
And then UR (useless relative) turns out to be an antivaxxer! He starts to spout:"See! If DR gets sick after getting 3 three shots, that PROVES  vaccinations are useless!! We don't need them yadda yaddy".

Did I mention UR lied to us for a year about his vaccination status?

Turns out dear (elderly, frail) relative has no symptoms at all aside from a positive test. I'm proud of the vaccine!

One xmas concert after another cancelled. 4 so far. One more and my xmas wil be devoid of all collective music making. Lockdown looms.

Welcome to my world. Can't leave the house.

I'm very sorry you will miss your concerts and also for your audiences who looked forward.

Bit of a bugger the time and energy and expense gone into rehearsals. 

Looks like we may all be in the same boat soon. Not that that is any consolation. Lockdown like giving birth. After the first time you know what you re in for. :unsure:

Bloody hell... just left the office with puppy Mandy. Dark out there and I overheard a guy saying to another ( and not in a friendly way )...

( missed the first bit but followed by)... " Deine Waffe."

Now, there was a shooting 50 yards from here about three weeks ago between two pimps arguing about one of their " girls."

Harburg ...

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Bloody hell... just left the office with puppy Mandy. Dark out there and I overheard a guy saying to another ( and not in a friendly way )...

( missed the first bit but followed by)... " Deine Waffe."

Now, there was a shooting 50 yards from here about three weeks ago between two pimps arguing about one of their " girls."

Harburg ...

I don't see them using "Schriftsprache".

If he had said "Knarre", ok, that would be more likely.

But "Waffe" is something you read in a police report, people don't really use that word when speaking.

Sure he didn't say something like: "Du hast einen an der Waffel!" (= "You're stupid/insane!"): https://gfds.de/bedeutung-von-einen-an-der-waffel-haben/

😂

No, he didn't say  " Du hast einen an der Waffel", Panda! I know that phrase well- Nicole says that to me frequently!!😂

Now, in this area where the office is.. it is multikulti.. basically, hardly any Germans. Albanians, Turks, Arabs, Africans. So far very friendly and mostly young families with kids who LOVE puppy Mandy when we go out. Great food selection. In the shops and kiosks they all say Du to me- though they don't know me! 

But there are a couple of dodgy establishments with a record of " razzias "...this is central Harburg.

But anyway... worries are a bit like noodles.. you usually make too many of them!😂

So he s a lapsed alcoholic. And driving. If he loses his licence he will lose his job. But you cannot have that on the road. He could kill someone or worse. No win situation.

There was an armed robbery in broad daylight at our local Aldi the other day. :blink:

4 hours ago, optimista said:

There was an armed robbery in broad daylight at our local Aldi the other day. :blink:

What happened? 

Man walks in with gun, waggles it at cashier, demands contents of till, leaves with same. Job done in 30 seconds.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Man walks in with gun, waggles it at cashier, demands contents of till, leaves with same. Job done in 30 seconds.

That also makes me unhappy!

Staff are told to do whatever is asked, and not to be a hero in such situations.

I feel terribly sorry for the cashier!

Me too. I know a woman who had a knife pointed at her while doing her job in Lidl by some utter scummer in Dublin. The woman never went back to work there.

Yes. I doubt the lady will sleep easy for a while. And frankly it doesn t make you want to shop in the area. Hubby says recently he saw a group of unsavoury looking men hanging around spread out over an entire carpark nearby just waiting... for what ? Clearly out of place and clearly up to no good. :huh:

My father in law hit my neighbor and her small daughter with his car while unparking on our street. They’re in the hospital and the other daughter with me. He’s 74 and it’s his first accident in 20 years. He’s also devastated right now and doesn’t understand what happened.. we think he made an error with the gears and I guess that will be in the police report as well but we were home when it happened and didn’t see anything. I’m just hoping they’ll be ok.