Why are you unhappy today?

12,291 posts in this topic

Broken tooth... but glad I'm back from my trip. And that I already had canceled the next one (would have been tomorrow).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Metall said:

Broken tooth... but glad I'm back from my trip. And that I already had canceled the next one (would have been tomorrow).

 

Broken tooth here too.  I had already sent in the papers for a crown and before I had an appointment it broke but my dentist thinks he can still fix it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sigh* A lot of people - like me - delayed dental stuff a long time because of Covid, but now I gotta go. Very glad I'm fully vaccinated and hope you guys are, too.

Have been referred to a dentist who also does implants etc. and doesn't charge an arm and a leg... he said he's rich enough already. :D

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered a pair of trainers from Portugal online. Cost including postage 86 Euros. Payment refused twice. So I grabbed another card and paid in GBP. 30 minutes after the event - which is really useful - I get an sms from my French bank saying payment for 110 Euros - pardon me? - refused and card blocked owing to suspicion of fraud. Now I get a weird mail from an ever weirder address - belfastclay - saying my payment for USD 112 - WTF - was successful and I should check the payment details. So far nothing gone out of my UK bank account. But I can see this is not going to be straightforward.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday we were informed that a valued honary member of our club (2-times past chairman etc) had died on Monday, just short of his 80th brithday.

 

Today I learnt that he had shot himself on our airfield.  Fortunately he was found by the police & not by a member of our club...

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus. I didn't even want to green that, it's an expression of my condolences here...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HEM said:

Yesterday we were informed that a valued honary member of our club (2-times past chairman etc) had died on Monday, just short of his 80th brithday.

 

Today I learnt that he had shot himself on our airfield.  Fortunately he was found by the police & not by a member of our club...

 

Unfortunately, I do know how that feels.

 

((((((((hugs))))))))

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed that this year in germany a lot of holidays fall on a weekend and are therefore unfortunately completely useless.
I have also already taken more vacation days than usual for the season. fortunately, it looks better next year and you can enjoy the non-working days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Because so many important topics have been removed.

 

I'm unhappy the Brexit thread is gone. I found it very informative - kept me up to date with the situation in post Brexit Britain.

I'm also unhappy the Corona threads are gone. 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bramble said:

 

I'm unhappy the Brexit thread is gone. I found it very informative - kept me up to date with the situation in post Brexit Britain.

I'm also unhappy the Corona threads are gone. 

 

I think they were keeping us all up to date, even if we didn't take part in the discussion.

 

I can't understand why they've been removed.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now