Why are you unhappy today?

12,272 posts in this topic

I thought I'd ( gently ) thrown the cockroach out of the office an hour ago. It's back.馃槱

I mean a REAL cockroach - not one of you Toytowners!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's (one of) his brother(s).

I am unhappy that people do not have the balls to own their own dastardly actions. Not only are they rotten, they are cowards. Very disappointing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

馃槀

You have to draw a line somewhere! And those critters? I don't like to have to swat them but it is them against me. They are dangerous- so I swat them. Or as Groucho Marx said- ( I think )-- " I have my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."

馃槀

A colleague of mine had dengue fever for about five months. Not a pretty sight...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I carry round spray on holiday - have reacted really badly to sand flies in Cuba and beasties in Australia.

These insects聽can look after themselves!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2021, 21:00:45, john g. said:

I thought I'd ( gently ) thrown the cockroach out of the office an hour ago. It's back.馃槱

I mean a REAL cockroach - not one of you Toytowners!!

Two more in the drawer in the office kitchen! Have grabbed one with tongs and escorted out of the place. Still looking for the other- they are FAST!

Urgent edit! 3 of the buggers! All escorted out with tongs and lovingly 馃槀 thrown over the wall. Freaky creatures...hope they find pleasant pastures elsewhere.聽

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I carry round spray on holiday - have reacted really badly to sand flies in Cuba and beasties in Australia.

These insects聽can look after themselves!

Yes, and here we have nasty hornets. They leave me alone ( as do mosquitos ) but poor Nicole... ouch. Gets bitten, suffers, swellings...

Difficult to eat at the taverna at the beach here ( closed anyway because the owners are frightened of Covid ) because wasps and hornets love Greek food!馃槀

Roasted coffee beans in a bowl scare聽them off... but it is a nuisance.

PS: what's the plural of mosquito? With s or es?聽

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another tragic case of a parent killing a child to spite their partner. The little girl was three years old and her father attacked her, filmed her suffering and said 鈥 this is because of mama.鈥 The poor little girl, prison is too good a place for the person who did this

聽"聽Das M盲dchen habe gerade im Schlafzimmer mit bunten Ketten und Bilderb眉chern gespielt, als der Vater mit einem Hackmesser angriff 鈥 von hinten gegen den Hals, so die Anklage. Das weinende und verletzte Kind habe er noch mit seinem Mobiltelefon gefilmt. Ungl盲ubig habe das M盲dchen den Vater angesehen. Es sei 鈥瀢egen Mama鈥, sagte er laut Anklage. Es tue ihm leid, aber sie m眉ssten gehen. Dann versetzte er dem Kind noch einen Schnitt."

Angeklagter in Prozess um get枚tete dreij盲hrige Tochter in Berlin gest盲ndig

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/von-hinten-mit-messer-attackiert-und-tat-gefilmt-vater-gesteht-toetung-von-dreijaehriger-tochter-vor-gericht/27264836.html

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just stepped on a bee. Barefoot.

Mosquitoes in English.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, optimista said:

I just stepped on a bee. Barefoot.

Mosquitoes in English.

I sat on one a couple of yrs. ago. I feel your pain.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of sympathy, Leon. I have two old cats (16聽and 17) left - I used to have聽5. The 17 year old almost starved herself to death a few months ago and I had almost written her off until I realised her sense of smell had deteriorated and she now can only smell fish, so she gets the fishy stuff now and gained weight again and is as lively as ever despite her old age. Still, she's stopped聽cleaning herself (old age related) and I had to have her partly shorn because of all the knots and mats in her fur. I worry, of course, that her days will soon be numbered even though she's a right old Hexe at times. The other cat just eats and lazes his days away. No health problems so far.聽

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bramble said:

Lots of sympathy, Leon. I have two old cats (16聽and 17) left - I used to have聽5. The 17 year old almost starved herself to death a few months ago and I had almost written her off until I realised her sense of smell had deteriorated and she now can only smell fish, so she gets the fishy stuff now and gained weight again and is as lively as ever despite her old age. Still, she's stopped聽cleaning herself (old age related) and I had to have her partly shorn because of all the knots and mats in her fur. I worry, of course, that her days will soon be numbered even though she's a right old Hexe at times. The other cat just eats and lazes his days away. No health problems so far.聽

With Tom I tried everything to get him to eat, chicken, fish, whipped cream, you name it but it would just work for a couple of days and then not.聽 With Viktor, he was eating but it wasn't really helping.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021, 6:10:23, optimista said:

I just stepped on a bee. Barefoot.

Mosquitoes in English.

On 6/11/2021, 11:47:06, fraufruit said:

I sat on one a couple of yrs. ago. I feel your pain.

A few years ago I was headbutted聽by a hornet while out cycling.

That got my heart racing more聽than the bike ride did. I'd like to say both myself and the hornet agreed to go our separate ways but being honest, I think the hornet just decided it had better things to do.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

A few years ago I was headbutted聽by a hornet while out cycling.

Point to you then. :blink: Or did it just get concussion from your helmet?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LeonG said:

I'm sad today because I had to have my cat put down this morning.

Ah, dude, that is sad. Thinking of you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now