Why are you unhappy today?

12,081 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, HEM said:

So we dug a deep hole where an apple tree used to be, relaid the border stones and burried poor Scotty

together with his favourite toy (a squeeky rabbit that he used to chase around the lounge) and some

flowers - all in sunny weather.  Took all morning.  Flower seeds have been scattered over the grave.

There's a wild rose called "Hundsrose" (dog rose) in German, maybe that could be a nice touch...

https://www.mein-schoener-garten.de/pflanzen/rose/hundsrose-heckenrose

Unhappy because our grumpy old ex-stud/show cat has sodded off. First time ever. He is far too old to have 'verlaufen' - he just ambles a bit. He hardly ever goes outside - busy roads etc, but Sundays are relatively quiet round here, and he was sitting on the patio in the sun, whixh seemed like an acceptable activity on a lovely afternoon.

I assumed he had come back inside and dropped off.

We can't find him either outside or in. 

I honestly don't think he has the enthusiasm to have left the property, so I am still hoping he's just well hidden and asleep.

Worried.

They can take a while, though, fraufruit😟

The longest I remember with a beloved cat was about two weeks. It involved leaving the home every  half an hour or so , checking bushes, asking neighbours, putting up ads in shops, spotting the bugger  but he running away etc.

Sigh... it is easier not to love a cat...🙁

Other people have their stories.. years.. and sometimes you read about the reunion in the papers..and you weep for joy.

I'm not condoning murder, but a guy without a visa who refuses (politely of course) to get on a plane hardly sounds like a boy scout in highly cooperative mode.

1 minute ago, optimista said:

I'm not condoning murder, but

...and yet, with that 'but', you are.

Mr Homenyuk was allowed as a Ukranian to travel visa-free to Schengen area countries. The inspector who refused him entry acted unlawfully. No-one should have been deporting him.

And yet, because he wasn't super gracious about the situation (which had presumably cost him precious resources) it is somehow OK that he was beaten, handcuffed and hobbled, and left to slowly suffocate in a pool of his own urine.

Shocking.

7 minutes ago, kiplette said:

...and yet, with that 'but', you are.

No. This false tactic keeps getting trotted out on TT. No, no and no.

Of course it is not ok. BUT...

Mr Homenyuk was allowed as a Ukranian to travel visa-free to Schengen area countries.

Only as a tourist, not as a jobseeker.

The inspector who refused him entry acted unlawfully.

No, he didn't. Border officials have the right to refuse foreigners entry. 

The border guards were the ones who acted unlawfully. 

For the record I'm not in any way making excuses for the guards. The point I want to make is that foreigners can be turned away at the border and I suspect that we're going to hear about this happening to Brits who were trying to live "under the radar" (not complying with local requirements) more often post Brexit.   

Sort of a George Lloyd situation? “ You are scum. Die, baby.”

You don’t have to be perfect not to need/want to be murdered. 

29 minutes ago, john g. said:

This brutal home invasion and callous murder is top story in Greece right now. 300,000 euro reward offered for information leading to getting hold of the perps:

https://greekreporter.com/2021/05/12/tragic-story-young-mother-murdered-next-to-baby-greece/

Laugh at will, but I've already planned that in a potential future house that I build, one of the rooms will be a safe room.

My idea is to have a dressing room as a main room pre-chamber. That dressing room will have a safety door.

Not that I keep any money or jewelery around! But not having anything to give can even make it worst for these assholes.

5 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Laugh at will, but I've already planned that in a potential future house that I build, one of the rooms will be a safe room.

My idea is to have a dressing room as a main room pre-chamber. That dressing room will have a safety door.

Not that I keep any money or jewelery around! But not having anything to give can even make it worst for these assholes.

I was looking after an air bnb house that got broken into.  The poor thieves had opened all the closets and drawers in vain, only to find extra blankets, towels, nothing of value :lol:

24 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

one of the rooms will be a safe room.

Then you should know it's called a "panic room", so the builders know what to do.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Then you should know it's called a "panic room", so the builders know what to do.

Only if I panic. I just want to be safe :D

I think my idea differs significantly from what it means in US, for example. I don't need it to survive hurricanes or nuclear fallout.

I need it to survive for 30 minutes in case of a house robbery. This can be done simply by installing a reinforced door on the bedroom. It's not a room just for that. It's a normal room with reinforced door and not much more.

We went for our Corona test this evening in readiness for our flight to Hamburg on Saturday. Just before we went to town to the lab, we got an email from the airline. The German authorities have changed the rules again. When we rebooked the flight for about the fourth time last weekend or so, the rule was the test had to be within maximum 72 hours before the scheduled arrival time in Germany. 

Now it’s 48 hours .. so new date for the test tomorrow evening...sigh...

And, bloody hell! The bloke showed me the swab he’s going to stick up my nose tomorrow! I have a small nose - that bloody thing is LONG!😂

6 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

You have a Tesla right 🤔?

9 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

You have a Tesla right 🤔?

They can take it at will! They won't get far :D

I will even open the gate for them!

There are very good reasons Tesla are the worst possible cars to steal.

7 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Only if I panic. I just want to be safe :D

I think my idea differs significantly from what it means in US, for example. I don't need it to survive hurricanes or nuclear fallout.

I need it to survive for 30 minutes in case of a house robbery. This can be done simply by installing a reinforced door on the bedroom. It's not a room just for that. It's a normal room with reinforced door and not much more.

That's exactly what a panic room is for - a safe place against robbers that can be reached quickly.

The rooms against hurricanes or nuclear fallout are called storm shelters or bunkers. ;)