Why are you unhappy today?

12,021 posts in this topic

I'm unhappy because my dear elderly relative was taken to the hospital unconscious (beginning liver coma).

They treated him and he's awake again - but family has been ordered to put him in a nursing home immediately.

Like that is gonna happen with all homes in his town refusing new residents because of corona, his weight, him being "too ill" (isn't that what a nursing home is for, really sick people?).

The family will take the advice of a nurse from one of those homes - we have to refuse to let the hospital send him home again until the hospital social workers have found a nursing home that will take him... *tears hair in frustration at the madness*

I've just watched my cousin's funeral on livestream.  He lived in Ohio and died last Wednesday after contracting Covid-19. He had an underlying health problem and they had already told the family that if he caught Covid, it would kill him, which it did.  He has 3 sisters living in Ireland, but none of them could travel, at least we have the technology today to be able to watch from afar. 

On 12/17/2020, 7:37:15, optimista said:

Anyone else having trouble with Sparda-Bank Munich on-line? Tried to do a transfer and the TAN was refused although it was correct. Now they blocked my account. Their 24/7 service telephone is a joke. Just leaves you hanging in a queue till you give up.

On 12/18/2020, 11:39:46, optimista said:

I am trying to do just that. But if it is blocked, you can't get them on the phone and you don't live in the country... this becomes slightly challenging. Yes, snail mail :lol: is your friend. Also I did not want to do a huge transfer in one go...

Why not got one of their branches in Munich and talk to them ?

I guess you are in Munich ?

https://www.sparda.de/alle-sparda-banken-11-mal-vor-ort/

In Munich https://www.sparda-m.de/ihr-weg-zu-uns-filialsuche/#/

On 18.12.2020, 12:33:12, optimista said:

This morning I got a message from Sparda on my voice mail. My account was supposed to be unblocked. So I try to lock in. Anyone care to guess what happened? Doesn't recognise me... and their service telephone still leaves you hanging till you give up. Really this is excellent publicity.

On 18.12.2020, 12:39:46, optimista said:

I am trying to do just that. But if it is blocked, you can't get them on the phone and you don't live in the country... this becomes slightly challenging. Yes, snail mail :lol: is your friend. Also I did not want to do a huge transfer in one go...

Optimista, contact me by PM. I can go to Sparda for you if they accept a Vollmacht.

Bless you Metall. I will first try driving over the border to a branch next week. It's about 45 minutes one way.

Edit: ah, no maybe not. Borders closed right?

Maybe you can call the bank and make an appointment and ask them about the border. You might be able to cross to take care of essential business.

7 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Maybe you can call the bank and make an appointment and ask them about the border. You might be able to cross to take care of essential business.

:huh: Is the German border with France closed?

2 hours ago, optimista said:

Bless you Metall. I will first try driving over the border to a branch next week. It's about 45 minutes one way.

Edit: ah, no maybe not. Borders closed right?

Some details here

https://www.cec-zev.eu/fr/themes/coronavirus-en-region-franco-allemande/coronavirus-region-franco-allemande-faq/

Sparda are warning of phishing scams at the moment so keep on your toes.

Problem solved (for now) first thing Monday morning by a lovely lady at Bayerstrasse. E-mail seems to work at least, albeit slowly...

Edit: Phew!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55500909

When English speakers have no idea of what an expression in Spanish means ( in this case- Uruguay ) and condemn a man.

TT member MikeMelga ( ( Portuguese speaker ) has pointed similar out on here re Portuguese words/ interpretations of what can be offensive in English.

But not in Portuguese.

A modern horror story, @cybil. So sorry to hear this sad news. Hoping you and your father will make it through, and hoping your mother won't suffer too much.