Why are you unhappy today?

11,761 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HH_Sailor said:

Birds, now infected with bird flu', are  dropping from the sky. They contaminate chickens on the ground.

Local newspaper reports that, around here, cats are not allowed out, dogs on leads and neighbor's chickens have to have a coop and stay in it.

Much hammering going on this afternoon.

If you see dead birds, call the local Amt...

German news:

NDR

It concerns Schleswig-Holstein. Hopefully it won't spread further. 

Evening, BethAnnBitt!

29 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

John. How are you doing during these floods on Crete?

Torrential rain, thunderstorms and lightning since yesterday! The office fridge actually went into alarm mode yesterday!😂

It made a piercing sound and only stopped when I reset it!😂

Computer has kept conking out and I keep having to reboot it!

Dogs barking all over the show! 

We are at the bottom of a mountain and the water cascades down our „ street „ as though it were Niagara Falls!

Doggie rounds restricted to „ mach mal schon!“ and back inside!!! And a particular stray cat outside the village didn‘t get fed yesterday. But he got an extra portion today- sod the rain. Oscar was hungry.

We hadn‘t had rain since about April or so and this is the time of the year when the Greek Gods remind the olive farmers how important water is.

It happens every year about this time. Then we will have sun for a week or two, rain worms wander around inside the office and house  and people start stocking up on wood for their stoves and you look for the missing sock of the pair!😀

So- transition time!

Just now, john g. said:

Torrential rain, thunderstorms and lightning since yesterday! 

Take heed, this is the type of weather that generates good jazz

14 hours ago, john g. said:

... rain worms wander around inside the office and house...

Oh noooo...:blink::wacko::huh:

So, in trying to help somone whose expo has been cancelled owing to lockdown (and thousands of flyers have gone in the bin) I sent a link by e-mail to about 100 people. One of whom is no more. Sadly. I failed to remove his name from the mail list. Oh ginormous gaffe. I hope his e-mail account was closed and/or no-one still reads his mails. :rolleyes: I am blushing to the roots of my hair.

9 minutes ago, optimista said:

So, in trying to help somone whose expo has been cancelled owing to lockdown (and thousands of flyers have gone in the bin) I sent a link by e-mail to about 100 people. One of whom is no more. Sadly. I failed to remove his name from the mail list. Oh ginormous gaffe. I hope his e-mail account was closed and/or no-one still reads his mails. :rolleyes: I am blushing to the roots of my hair.

Depends if the people dealing with his affairs got access to the email account in question. Some email accounts stay dormant and open, others may be deleted if you don't use them for some time.

Another one of them spontaenious evenings where a german buddy rocks up.... 

He jut buggered off and i thought, " I just gotta call mum and tell what a night it was".... 

Miss you soo much mum... :(

We live under a hill and the last 25 yards or so if walking back to the house after shopping are uphill and a killer if it’s hot or if , basically , you’re carrying stuff.

I went uphill to the mini-market this morning and bought a six-pack of water. I was heroic.

Nearly home, and there sat our neighbour who is 80 , on another neighbour’s doorstep - resting. She had bought TWO six-packs.

Of course I helped her. And then I thought- she has TWO fit sons nearby who rarely help her with such shit. 
So much for family solidarity here. And this is a village.

Trying to cash in NSI premium bonds on-line is... not bearing results...