Why are you unhappy today?

11,474 posts in this topic

At the beach today, all happy until the moment to go swimming.. what’s that junk everywhere?

And then a look at the water itself.. full of floating urrghs. Revolting.

A friend told us there had been a collision at sea and a boat had spilt its wastage.. 

No swimming today... maybe tomorrow.

IMG_3608 (002).jpg

Not yet! One woman was there picking up stuff! A Greek lady! We chatted to her and she was lovely! 
But, in the main , the locals don‘t give a shit. SEP (somebody else‘s problem).

They don‘t do „ let‘s DO it „ around here. They DON‘T!

Very un-American around here!😂

That doesn't mean that you and Nicole can't do it. Set the example or wait for it to wash back into the ocean.

Good rubber gloves and a big plastic bag should do it. Oh, and a mask. Never know what you're picking up.

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

They don‘t do „ let‘s DO it „ around here. They DON‘T!

Very un-American around here!😂

That's the Mentality I deeply love about our Ami buddies. 

16 hours ago, fraufruit said:

That doesn't mean that you and Nicole can't do it. Set the example or wait for it to wash back into the ocean.

Good rubber gloves and a big plastic bag should do it. Oh, and a mask. Never know what you're picking up.

We have brought big blue plastic rubbish bags and gloves just now! Fortunately, the very hefty South winds have cleaned up the beach and water close to the beach!

( But the winds have brought along „flying „ sand particles from the Sahara! Tight- fitting sun glasses are the order of the day!)👀

From my sister. 

' This is what happened to [my daughter] Sheila's work vehicle (King County Metro Transit supervisor), when she had to abandon it in downtown Seattle yesterday afternoon. I don't know if it was in turmoil, or not, when she left the car. Two of the supervisors left their cars, at the same intersection, and both [cars] were burned up. I'm hoping they only had to leave them because of traffic and crowd jams.'

5ed3f7a151ad1_SheilaWilliamssupervisorSe

Demonstrators of unknown orientation, @john g. Generally the afternoon demonstrations are peaceful, but this one escalated.
My niece and her co-workers weren't threatened, and they're safe.

An American friend of ours in the village had to watch her mother’s funeral service/ mass etc “ online “ in the States because of the corona shit. Her death was not corona- related. But shitty for our friend anyway. She couldn’t fly over.

Puppy Mandy got sterilised at the vet’s today. This shit has to be done here. Otherwise, just loads and loads of unwanted other puppies later in the year.  You just need to be not paying attention for a few minutes... she was on heat just a week or so ago and dogs were coming up to the house to “ sort her out.” Disaster zone here.

I am unhappy because the poor mite has to wear one of those damned plastic hat thingies for 12 days and she doesn’t understand what has happened.🙁 And she is, of course, disorientated...

PS: there is a fund available now for FREE    
ops for dogs and cats- enough to “ treat “ maybe 4,000-6,000 animals in OUR area of , say , 20 square kilometres- and STILL the locals are abandoning young animals to their fates. They don’t care. Cats and dogs in and around rubbish containers - every rubbish container - getting diseased ( which is also not wonderful for the local humans and their kids, either ).

PS: the fund, raised by Takis, a local animal protection activist, through T-shirt sales online worldwide, is available but , as this video shows.. ah well.  This is our area ( bar the coast.. scrubby dry wasteland) 😟https://youtu.be/O1f_hSc-UWM

57 minutes ago, john g. said:

Puppy Mandy got sterilised at the vet’s today. This shit has to be done here. Otherwise, just loads and loads of unwanted other puppies later in the year.  You just need to be not paying attention for a few minutes...

Too true.  A woman I know was fostering a female dog for someone else.  The owner had the dog on a visit and didn't pay attention for a few minutes and voila.  She then ended up adopting the dog and she ended up keeping two of the resulting puppies as well.  Now it's about 1-2  yrs. later and she didn't pay attention for a few minutes and the two now adult puppies ended up committing incest and now have a bunch of puppies of their own.  I don't know why she hadn't gotten them fixed but she just got the male fixed now.

Good evening, Leon!

Our dog Roza is old now. Her owner died around the time we arrived here. And Roza was going up and down the path to the local tavernas at the plateia. Looking for her owner and sometimes people would chuck pieces of cheese at her..“ Roza, agapi.”.so tierlieb.

And then smile as she gave birth to six or more puppies. “ Roza, agapi.” What happened sometimes? Hm, you needed to check the rubbish bins..🙁 Chucked in alive.

Roza is the village mascot! What does that mean? Half the dogs in the village are her offspring. 🙈

What does that really mean? Some of the offspring are those still wandering up and down to the plateia. On a good day, none will get run over. On a bad day, none will get cheese chucked at them. Corona- tavernas closed. Ok, opening up now, finally.

At the vet’s today and he was busy. A guy and his wife unloading dogs out of their car and into the vet’s for jabs. Then I remembered him from a year or two ago..” Wolfgang, Mensch, nach Deutschland?”

Wolfgang is a German pensioner ( don’t know his wife or her name but she was busy and committed)..

Wolfgang normally has around 20 stray dogs to get sorted out to fly to people in Germany. Now FIFTY.

” Nach Deutschland? Wenn es wieder Fluege gibt..” ( fifty dogs to get flown out of the country but only when flights resume.)

Heroes the two. AND they have enemies in their area- locals complaining and calling the cops etc.. the enemies are those who know they kicked their dogs out and abandoned them in no man’s land..🙁

Meanwhile, just ten minutes away on foot , where some cats and a dog with babies hang around...the dog finally showed us where her kids are. She came out into the road and four puppies followed her out. She made a point of showing us after so many weeks.

The fifth puppy lay dead the other side of the road.😟

Now in the scheme of things that make people unhappy,

this may seem a little superficial.

Boddingtons brewery has finally closed - 2012

I'm a Manchester lad at heart. A glass of Boddingtons would always cheer me up.

A visit "home" would see me with my sisters and friends in the pub with a glass.

But I have outlived my relatives in Manchester.

The visits have stopped - the occasional "Boddies" can from the Brit shops in Hamburg

would light up the memory circuits about my youthful times and allow some

fading memories to shine through. I don't need the alcohol to remember the family,

but it accentuated certain aspects - much that a rhubarb crumble would remind me

about a sister's cooking...

I was about to order some more  - for old times sake - only to find that all Brit shops

have marked Boddies as "not currently available":

A quick google brought the truth home to me.

Even the brewery is closed. Gone forever.

Ah well. I chose to live in Germany and burn the bridges behind me.

The unhappiness is just that - another pointer has been inflicted upon me that

I really am getting older and things change every day - not always for the better.

If you've never tasted the Boddies - I can only offer the adverts : 

Just one Cornetto

Face cream

Still gorgeous

Now, imagine...

A cat we fell in love with and a chance encounter and he has a new home. We should be happy - and we are - but we miss him. Selfish thoughts/ feelings? Maybe. Will he be better off? Hopefully.

So a mixture of happy and unhappy..

11 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

Now in the scheme of things that make people unhappy,

this may seem a little superficial.

Boddingtons brewery has finally closed - 2012

I'm a Manchester lad at heart...

Very sad indeed ...

But to be fair, it was never so tasty after the moved production from Machester to some where else to cut  costs ( around year 2000 )

Yes, indeed I miss it alot,

I remember one time coming through Munich airport with several cans on Boddingtons in my suitcase, I think 10 as it was on special offer at Morrisons, I got stopped at the Airport, and being questioned about why I was bringing beer to Germany, after being told that Germany has enough good beer. Those were the days 

I remember drinking enough off it round Preston way.

Seems like the rise and rise of the  micro-brewerie, have killed off many mid range brewerie.

On 10.6.2020, 09:41:11, yesterday said:

Very sad indeed ...

But to be fair, it was never so tasty after the moved production from Machester to some where else to cut  costs ( around year 2000 )

Yes, indeed I miss it alot,

See happy thread !!!

It is hot here now! I like that! Swimming without freezing and all the rest of it.

That is great! But why am I unhappy?

Usual topic here—- we bumped into a Belgian friend, Nicole, whom we hadn‘t seen for a while.

Nicole and her husband live in the hills with a track rather than a proper road leading down to the village.

She told us she had left her house 4 days ago and that she had spotted a puppy chained to a tree in the heat and without even water.

She got out of her car, freed the puppy and fell in love with it. She now has five dogs. She told us this is the first time she has ever fallen in love at first sight. And had tears in her eyes.

So why am I unhappy? Because , again, a local arsehole had deliberately left the puppy out in the heat and chained up and ASSUMED another „ stupid foreigner „ would take responsibility.  ie the bastard knew Nicole took that path every day or two. Or the puppy would just die in a day or two anyway. Who cares?

Fucking arsehole.😠