Why are you unhappy today?

11,475 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, john g. said:

The black mum dog didn’t show up but we left a couple of pork chops on a wall-just in case.

I hope the pork chops were cooked as raw pork can be dangerous for dogs. 

https://www.thelabradorsite.com/can-dogs-eat-pork/

When is Pork Bad For Dogs?

Pork can come in different forms and preparations and so can their bones. Not all variations of pork are safe for dogs to eat.

Raw and undercooked pork is dangerous to dogs as they can potentially cause trichinosis, a condition that can result when the meat is infested with the larvae of a parasitic worm called Trichinella spiralis.

Puppies and older dogs, in particular, are more at risk.

Symptoms of this condition include upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, elevated fever, lethargy, muscle inflammation, pain, and stiffness.

If your pet has a weakened immune system, due to a previous disease, for example, it could increase the chances of their getting infected.

Due to this reason, it is always important to cook the pork well before giving it to your pooch. Cooking the meat kills this parasite and prevents your dog from contracting it.

11 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Thanks for giving me a Takis reminder.

Update!🙏🏻Puppies in safety!

As Takis despairingly points out- there are 

THOUSANDS of people on Crete doing this. THOUSANDS! Fuck the bastards.😢

My upright freezer is having serious trouble, ten years out of warranty. And I appear to be the last to learn that everyone is buying a freezer right now, so that they've flown out the warehouse doors. Everyone bought a freezer with his or her stimulus check, and people with money are buying two or more. 

3 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@katheliz Amazon.de still has some available for delivery. Price range from €500 to ouch.

- she`s in America!

1 minute ago, robinson100 said:

- she`s in America!

Ahaha! Sorry.

I can't open a bank account cause am yet to get the city residence registration. They are still closed.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Ahaha! Sorry.

So am I! But it's a hint- maybe I should check Amazon.com out. Thanks! If I do need a new freezer and am a successful online shopper, I'll drop the shoe for you far away but sympathetic readers. :) 

4 hours ago, katheliz said:

My upright freezer is having serious trouble, ten years out of warranty. And I appear to be the last to learn that everyone is buying a freezer right now, so that they've flown out the warehouse doors. Everyone bought a freezer with his or her stimulus check, and people with money are buying two or more. 

And in 6 months, you'll be able to buy one half-price on the private market. Just make sure it has the original receipt and documentation for any warranty issues.

5 hours ago, katheliz said:

To store toilet paper?

So the main „ strip „ of our village has three tavernas ( all closed ) and two minimarkets, both open and cars drive through. In all, maybe 150 yards long.

I popped into one of the minimarkets about 2 hours ago, donned the bloody mask and gloves. I came out and saw a cat in the middle of the „ road „- bleeding from the mouth. A small pool of blood around him.

I saw a local woman looking on. „ What happened?“

„ A car hit him and the driver drove away.“

“ Can you phone, Maria ( the President of the village ) or the police?“

Maria wasn‘t available so she phoned the police. „ Bring the cat to the police station.“

( It is about about 20 kilometres away, by the way.)

But the police actually phoned back and said a car would come anyway for other reasons..

Meanwhile, Manolis came out of his house next to the taverna and just shrugged his shoulders. And went back inside.

The woman with the phone: „ the police are coming. Don‘t leave.“

“ I will be right back. Let me fetch a blanket.“

So I did... „ hey, where‘s the cat?“

“ He has just gone up that stairway.“

So I went up some stairs and found him behind a flower pot in a sort of patio. But I couldn‘t coax him to come onto the blanket.

Then a woman came : „ what is happening?“

Time went on and she called her son. „ „ Hi, Costa.“

The cat slouched away, bleeding behind some old furniture. Costa tried as well, kept moving stuff out of the way.

“ Forget it, John. If he dies tonight, he dies. Maybe tomorrow.“

I left the blanket there and left. The woman with the phone had disappeared. No police there. I left a message at the minimarket where the cat was.

And I couldn‘t do anymore. Maybe tomorrow.

By the way, the lady with the phone.. I asked her: „ do you know who ran the cat over and drove off?“

“ Yes, but I won‘t tell the police.“

„Why not?“

“ The police told me it would cost him a 20,000 euro fine.“

Jeez.

F7EDECAB-A3A1-42CB-9A09-28EA3DF9474E.jpeg

Today is/was the day of my Mums funeral..  

Got some lovely photos of the flowers for the coffin ... had a Link to the live feed for the service /internment...

5 mins before the service started, an sms arrived from a very old friend of mine who runs and owns the streaming service... "Geoff, the network is down".. Sorry..

35 mins later, whatsapp from my sis... "Hope the link was good and you finally have some closure"...      "The rose went with Mum"

Firstly... NO ONE knew the rose was from me.. it was placed on the coffin by the vicar at a time when he said, " Lets all bow our heads and think of those who cant be present today"....

The Link to the recording of her funeral remains un-clicked...  I cant bring myself to watch it just yet... it seems a bit of a calous act to me.. 

Anyhow, it is what it is and nothing can be changed...  I am glad that I always told her I loved her... we Face-timed  often... 

I would like to thank all of you who sent your condolences and wished me strength...  It really helped... 

Life goes on, we must adapt to the changes... 

Next time you talk to your Mum.. your dad, your brother son wife or  whoever is important to you...  just end the conversation with "Love you"....   You never know when the last time will be the "Last time".. 

Sleep well folks... 

Ah, that was hard. 

She knew you loved her, and you have many precious memories, and those are something to hold on to. Wishing you and Lilly peace as you share your memories together.

I just learned of the death from COVID-19 of an old friend from the 60s, a major loss to everyone who knew him. One of the New York victims.

On 5/11/2020, 10:32:40, SpiderPig said:

Today is/was the day of my Mums funeral..  

Got some lovely photos of the flowers for the coffin ... had a Link to the live feed for the service /internment...

5 mins before the service started, an sms arrived from a very old friend of mine who runs and owns the streaming service... "Geoff, the network is down".. Sorry..

35 mins later, whatsapp from my sis... "Hope the link was good and you finally have some closure"...      "The rose went with Mum"

Firstly... NO ONE knew the rose was from me.. it was placed on the coffin by the vicar at a time when he said, " Lets all bow our heads and think of those who cant be present today"...

The Link to the recording of her funeral remains un-clicked...  I cant bring myself to watch it just yet... it seems a bit of a calous act to me.. 

Anyhow, it is what it is and nothing can be changed...  I am glad that I always told her I loved her... we Face-timed  often... 

I would like to thank all of you who sent your condolences and wished me strength...  It really helped... 

Life goes on, we must adapt to the changes... 

Next time you talk to your Mum.. your dad, your brother son wife or  whoever is important to you...  just end the conversation with "Love you"...   You never know when the last time will be the "Last time".. 

Sleep well folks... 

well said!

The funeral of my cousin will be streamed today on obitus.com...4 weeks after her death to covid. It's too weird to be partaking online.

I hope the UK Government gets to grips with this pandemic asap. Am really worried that UK based family are still at too high a risk.