Why are you unhappy today?

11,358 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

And just consider how bad they are for the environment compared to a 'proper' bike, because of the batteries!

What do you consider a "proper" bike, a two-stroke scooter? :-)

10 minutes ago, franklan said:

What do you consider a "proper" bike, a two-stroke scooter? :-)

Zero-stroke

Zero-batteries

Two-wheels

Two-pedals

(more pedals are allowed!)

4 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Zero-stroke

Zero-batteries

Two-wheels

Two-pedals

(more pedals are allowed!)

At >60, that setup might create at least one stroke.

4 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

3:18...  Stinking headache.. all sinuses blocked and cant breath properly... 

shit... 

After all that stress I don't wonder.

Take it seriously and some time out - see what happened to HEM. Get well soon.

Tough day!

:angry:

Freezing from the moment we woke up! Damp, rain, miserable.

Nicole had to renew her Greek bank card so, for the THIRD time in a week., we went to town (stopping over at a car mechanic´s to make an appointment for tomorrow cos there´s something wrong with the car´s  oil consumption ) and we took a pile of documents to the bank.

All lovely people in there but the chaos..after TWO hours, the clerk said " I only work here once a week and I don´t know everything )..they wanted this and that ( " we brought that last week" ). And John´s tax number? MY tax number???

We and she talked about electric blankets for kids and us during the business chat. And exchanged pictures of our kids etc! And dogs!

:D

Then the boss came over and the clerk went to the toilet for a ciggie ( I know cos I asked to use it and found a still smouldering ciggie in an ashtray in there!!! )

:D

The boss sort of sorted it out but because neither Nicole nor I have a Greek mobile number, the clerk couldn´t give us a PIN number for the new card! So we arranged for them to post it to our lawyer!

By the way, another employee years ago corrected our address..the lady today didn´t have the correct address on her computer.

So we had to prove the correct address...which we got urgently from our lawyer.

" Oh, and Nicole´s tax number is on the phone bill, you know! " "Yes, but it didn´t count."...another message to our lawyer .

" Who is your tax consultant? "

" Dunno, we´ve never met him...we turn up at our lawyer´s with some cash once a year but don´t know what for exactly..."

Völlig fertig, to LIDL but then realised the dogs were waiting and waiting...and in the stress, upon opening the house door, we left the key on the inside of the lock and..gust of wind, and we were locked out.

Locksmith for this heavily secure door...two hours later...he did a grand job...we had to wait and wait...

Still freezing!!

What a day!

Unfortunately, we had to have our dear dog Max put to sleep today. One of the worst days I can remember in all our years here. 

:(

50 minutes ago, john g. said:

Unfortunately, we had to have our dear dog Max put to sleep today. One of the worst days I can remember in all our years here. 

So sorry to hear that, John!

He had the best life possible living with you and Nicole. Lucky dog!

Sending cyber hugs your way!

Well - unhappy isn't the right choice of words imho here...

It's more like terribly sad because she isn't with us anymore:

My last remaining widowed aunt passed away last Friday, aged 97. On her birthday.

I called a few hours before her death...

At home - the house my grandparents built and where she grew up with my late mother and my other aunt.

Where she raised her children and where her daughter with family live next door and took care of her.

She was one of a kind; never holding back, but always selflessly helping others in need despite the fact that she hadn't much herself.

A little (or a lot ;-)) bossy sometimes, but always with the best intentions.

The funeral will be this Wednesday. We had hoped to see my relatives under happier circumstances...

1 hour ago, john g. said:

John, As much as it is our honor, pleasure, and privilege to share our lives with them, it is our burden to survive them. I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

Thank you, Alex! I greatly appreciate your words. I couldn´t have put it better than you do in that post. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Well - unhappy isn't the right choice of words imho here...

It's more like terribly sad because she isn't with us anymore:

My last remaining widowed aunt passed away last Friday, aged 97. On her birthday.

I called a few hours before her death...

At home - the house my grandparents built and where she grew up with my late mother and my other aunt.

Where she raised her children and where her daughter with family live next door and took care of her.

She was one of a kind; never holding back, but always selflessly helping others in need despite the fact that she hadn't much herself.

A little (or a lot ;-)) bossy sometimes, but always with the best intentions.

The funeral will be this Wednesday. We had hoped to see my relatives under happier circumstances...

Bless the memory of your aunt, Sannerl.

1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

@Sannerl This is a hard loss, I know. I hope you can take solace in her memory. 

Thank you.

Attending the funeral will help: A village where everybody knows everyone and where we will share many happy memories at the "Kremess" (which sounds a lot better than "Leichenschmaus"...)

I  am truely sad behcause two Croatian Air Force pliots died today in a Kiowa heliopter crash

The news news i heard last night about the death of a basketball legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter made me sad.