Why are you unhappy today?

11,447 posts in this topic

:(   Disappointing.  Hoping you get back on your feet quickly.  Good luck with the first interview.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

:(   Disappointing.  Hoping you get back on your feet quickly.  Good luck with the first interview.  

 

Thank you. Me too. I am the breadwinner in the family, so can't really afford not to.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, robinson100 said:

... and doing his very best to make me look like a total idiot - unfortunately, rather successfully!

Tall poppies get their heads cut off all the time. Have so many of these T-shirts so can sympathise. Walking away when the AHs have social influence is sometimes the only way to stay sane. You were a threat to an AH which, perversely, is confirmation of your worth and ability. Be happy to be a tall poppy, even if it can be a lonely island.

 

Eastern Block women grow up in and know nothing other than savagely patriarchal societies. So don't be surprised at their deference to the self-appointed Godfather. Be reassured that good people are always in demand. You will find another place.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, optimista said:

Tall poppies get their heads cut off all the time. Have so many of these T-shirts so can sympathise. Walking away when the AHs have social influence is sometimes the only way to stay sane. You were a threat to an AH which, perversely, is confirmation of your worth and ability. Be happy to be a tall poppy, even if it can be a lonely island.

 

Eastern Block women grow up in and know nothing other than savagely patriarchal societies. So don't be surprised at their deference to the self-appointed Godfather. Be reassured that good people are always in demand. You will find another place.

 

Thanks for your kind words, Optimista!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, robinson100 said:

Really sad about the whole thing, but happy to be getting away from him - this whole thing has done my health and self-estime absolutely no favours.

 

14 hours ago, robinson100 said:

 

Interestingly enough, the colleagues from Western European countries all see it as a case of mobbing, but he has been able to influence the girls from eastern countries, and one even claimed to think of him as her brother!!!

 

Concerning "influence the girls", look at position 12 in the graphic of this link.

 

https://www.tmaworld.com/our-thinking/infographic-15-tips-handling-narcissistic-colleagues

 

It looks like the bloke is rather good at selling other people's achievements as his. He cannot sell your achievements as his anymore, so he needs the next achiever at that place as his source. That pond will eventually be dry.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, optimista said:

Tall poppies get their heads cut off all the time. Have so many of these T-shirts so can sympathise. Walking away when the AHs have social influence is sometimes the only way to stay sane. You were a threat to an AH which, perversely, is confirmation of your worth and ability. Be happy to be a tall poppy, even if it can be a lonely island.

 

Eastern Block women grow up in and know nothing other than savagely patriarchal societies. So don't be surprised at their deference to the self-appointed Godfather. Be reassured that good people are always in demand. You will find another place.

What a post! My personal favourite of the day.

I love the " tall poppies " bit!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, franklan said:

 

 

Concerning "influence the girls", look at position 12 in the graphic of this link.

 

https://www.tmaworld.com/our-thinking/infographic-15-tips-handling-narcissistic-colleagues

 

It looks like the bloke is rather good at selling other people's achievements as his. He cannot sell your achievements as his anymore, so he needs the next achiever at that place as his source. That pond will eventually be dry.

Along with optimista´s post...tremendous.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SpongeOver said:

Letter was folded in such a way that it had my name, address and the line "Kündigung des Arbeitsverhältnisses vom" clearly visible through the window. Called. Told it was true, just the date in the letter was wrong. 

 

 

 

Which date was wrong, the date they wrote the letter or the date your contract will be terminated?

Don't want to build your hopes up but if the date they wrote the letter was wrong it could be that the letter is invalid as the notice period may be wrong.

 

Have you contacted a legal advisor? You won't get your job back but you could get some extra compensation if the dates are not correct. Also data protection laws seem to be unknown if all the world could see that the word "Kündigung" was visible in the window of the envelope.

 

I wish you the best of luck finding a new job.  

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.1.2020, 16:41:56, HEM said:

Last Sunday/Monday started with a very slight sore throat which never developed into "Smaug mode".

Followed by slight cold.  Thought I was going to get away with it but the last 2 days have been with heavy

cold & now painful cough.  Treating it with household stuff (Lemsips, Wick & now started with ACC...)

 

Currently no point in visiting local doctors & exchanging germs in the waiting room...

After cough got worse over weekend I got an appointment at local Drs Monday afternoon.

Got some inhalent to "open up the lung" & request to come early next morning to give blood sample.

Frau Dr. would call that evening (no call came - assumptions "all OK").

 

Yesterday morning I tried to phone the Praxis (there are 3 Drs.; usually 2 present) but each time got thrown out of the waiting loop after 7 minutes.

Since it was nice sunny weather I got out my E-bike & rode to the Praxis which is about 1km away getting there just before 11am closing time.

The receptionist looked at her screen & asked me to wait in the waiting room - didnt sound as if all was OK.

 

After short wait called into Drs. room - some blood inflamatory values too high - she listened to the lung again & wrote a prescription for antibiotics.

When I asked if we were on the way from a cold to bronchitus she said no, between bronchitus & pneumonia.

 

I'm too busy to be seriously ill - appointments each day of the next 2 weekends!

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

 

Which date was wrong, the date they wrote the letter or the date your contract will be terminated?

Don't want to build your hopes up but if the date they wrote the letter was wrong it could be that the letter is invalid as the notice period may be wrong.

 

Have you contacted a legal advisor? You won't get your job back but you could get some extra compensation if the dates are not correct. Also data protection laws seem to be unknown if all the world could see that the word "Kündigung" was visible in the window of the envelope.

 

I wish you the best of luck finding a new job.  

 

I don't know. I didn't open the letter. (they asked me not to)

I got the corrected letter in person the next day in the office.

I don't feel I need a legal advisor and am on the job hunt already. They are also helping me to find a new job as it really is purely due to financial reasons and I'm not the only one being let go.

 

Thanks for the advise though and thank you :) Hopefully I find something soon. Luckily I am in IT, so there are so many job openings.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HEM said:

... I got out my E-bike & rode to the Praxis which is about 1km away...

 

...she said no, between bronchitus & pneumonia.

...

 

You rode a bike while having such breathing problems!!! (Even if it was just 1km, which wouldn't take long to walk btw.)

 

I think maybe you should have posted this in the "I done something stupid today thread"!!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

 

You rode a bike while having such breathing problems!!! (Even if it was just 1km, which wouldn't take long to walk btw.)

 

I think maybe you should have posted this in the "I done something stupid today thread"!!

 

 

 

Wasn't that bad at all - and with E-bike set to maximum power it was quite easy!

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, HEM said:

 

 

Wasn't that bad at all - and with E-bike set to maximum power it was quite easy!

 

 

Ah, I missed that it was an E-Bike.  I thought it was a proper one!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

 

Ah, I missed that it was an E-Bike.  I thought it was a proper one!

A normal bike in Schleswig-Holstein?

Impossible for untrained people!

Too many montains!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

A normal bike in Schleswig-Holstein?

Impossible for untrained people!

Too many montains!

 

Schleswig-Holstein or Heidelberg?

 

Doesn't matter, because my opinion is that unless, you are > 60 then you are a wimp if you have an E-Bike!

 

 

And just consider how bad they are for the environment compared to a 'proper' bike, because of the batteries!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Doesn't matter, because my opinion is that unless, you are > 60 then you are a wimp if you have an E-Bike!

 

I am >60 (at least 10% over).

 

However, my daughter (27) uses  it each evening to go the the local stables.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

And just consider how bad they are for the environment compared to a 'proper' bike, because of the batteries!

 

Yes, he should have just driven his ICE car. Everyone over 60 should.

:P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HEM said:

 

However, my daughter (27) uses  it each evening to go the the local stables.

 

 

 

 

greta.gif.e74fe9076c0cd65272be8b1304651a

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now