Why are you unhappy today?

11,157 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Metall said:

I created time between two flights to sit in the hospital and talk about life and death with him.

You did the right thing. Well done. You are a good person.

40 minutes ago, Metall said:

I created time between two flights to sit in the hospital and talk about life and death with him. It was saying goodbye, as he will be gone by the time I'm back.

Although we disagree on many many things, I respect that you did that. Peace.

Atthough it is a terrible time for him, it's nice that he's at peace with the process.

Also, I'm sure he derived much comfort from you being there for him.

I do hope that his family will have the support that they need.

43 minutes ago, Metall said:

The one colleague from back in the bad old days who was nice and and fair and supportive is cruelly dying of cancer at a far too young age. A father of two, not even fifty yet.

I created time between two flights to sit in the hospital and talk about life and death with him. It was saying goodbye, as he will be gone by the time I'm back.

He's at peace with the process, and wished me all the love and success possible together with Mr Metall.

The two talked on the phone...

Damn, I'm not at peace with process. Dust in my eye.

As mentioned before...

Right thing you did. Have a drink in his honor later today. He'd appreciate that.

(((((hug)))))

Thank you, all.

I walked down to the sea and took a picture of an area he's interested in, will send it.

On 9/25/2019, 6:50:00, Metall said:

The one colleague from back in the bad old days who was nice and and fair and supportive is cruelly dying of cancer at a far too young age. A father of two, not even fifty yet.

He's at peace with the process, and wished me all the love and success possible together with Mr Metall.

The two talked on the phone...

Damn, I'm not at peace with process. Dust in my eye.

On 9/25/2019, 8:06:31, Metall said:

I walked down to the sea and took a picture of an area he's interested in, will send it.

My colleague M. never got that picture.

He died four days after my hospital visit between two flights. I stayed until he got tired, even though that meant wrapping up things at night and going to the airport with no sleep. It was worth it.

To his last breath, he was giving good advice and helping other people. (Told me to make sure all of my powers of attorney etc. were made with a German Notar to ward off a bad relative.)

When I had to go, he clung a bit - I said (imitating his cool Nordic way of speaking) "No long goodbyes!". He smiled and answered "I'll see you next time". Many metaphors here.

Pain made him go on morphine three days later and he went the next day.

On that very long flight with a stopover, I went to the non denominational airport chapel, already hazy and confused where I was. In the only quiet space in the airport madhouse, I silently lost it.

A Muslim man was doing his prayers in the corner. He later asked me if I was OK, and we spoke a bit so I could carry on. He later turned out to be from the organization Helping Hand, on his way to a terrible situation on the Bahamas.

There are good people out there.

See you next time, M.

Patting your back.

When my sister died as a teenager, all donations were made to an organization called Helping Hands. I have goosebumps.

Speaking from experience the fact you're going to see her will mean a lot to her. You may also be surprised because her appearance in the flesh may not be as bad as you expect. Once you're there, you'll be fine.

Agapi is a white stray dog I feed out of town..unfortunately, heavily pregnant now..and I think I know who the father is...

:angry:..he turned up from somewhere this morning...and he seemed to like her...

IMG_1985.jpg

I watched and elderly gentleman literally die at the opera last night.

yes, just a little unsettling. we realized he didn't make it when he collapsed in the aisle and was carried out.

When I think about it, he was elderly and doing what he loved to do. Still upsetting - especially for his family and loved ones.