Why are you unhappy today?

10,997 posts in this topic

Good for you,  babe! May I tell a true story?

Around 1990 I was an English teacher in Hamburg and I was giving  private lessons to three rich kids in a posh part of Hamburg. One of them had opted out of military service and gone for " helping out ." He told me a lovely story! He was looking after an old lady of about 90 in a wheelchair.

One day, the old lady´s son came to visit..he was about 70 and also in a wheelchair.

When the time came for the son to leave, the old lady said to him: " brav bleiben. "

Once a mother...

1 minute ago, john g. said:

When the time came for the son to leave, the old lady said to him: " brav bleiben. "

Once a mother...

I heard of one where an older man went into a care home. No rest for him because his mother was also residing there and would expect 'the boy" to run down to the kiosk for her and get her stuff ;)

Just now, LeonG said:

I heard of one where an older man went into a care home. No rest for him because his mother was also residing there and would expect 'the boy" to run down to the kiosk for her and get her stuff ;)

But this John... He has done everyting... everywhere,,,

We have all sorts come in and go, one Lady, again with dementia use to shout out the name of her daughter, it went Monika! du dumme Kuh. (Name changed of course)

8 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I am about to lower the tone!:lol:

That  reminds me of the old man who walked into an old folk´s home and asked the old ladies for  hand job sex. Two old ladies said: " ok ". And both asked " which one of us do you want? ". 

The old man asked: " what are your qualifications? "

The keener of the two said: " I have Parkinson´s. "

" You´re my lady. "

Mensch, I have really lowered the tone!

B)

Jokes aside, people who are demented will sometimes seek out a bf / gf who is the same. I worked in a nursing home for a couple of summers while I was at uni and one demented guy who was living there with his wife had found a gf who was more to his liking. One time a staff member walked into her room and found him standing there with his pants down. After he hiked up his pants and left, the staff asked her what they had been doing. She smiled and said "we were looking at pens"

How sad this that could happen to someone.

When you hear how people from so called poor countries treat older people with the utmost respect and care for them till the end, it makes you wonder what is going wrong in our world?

Thank you for posting this, you and your colleagues are doing a great job.

Reading these recent posts reaffirms my wish to be given a pill, by a robot if necessary, so that I may quietly slip away when I become a burden on everyone.  

13 hours ago, French bean said:

Relieving a sexual past is part and parcel of dementia

That is how my girlfriend's husband got diagnosed. He became extremely horny in his late 70's, she talked to a doctor and it turned out to be early stage Alzheimer's. No other symptoms at the time. She took care of him at home with a little help until the end. Just like she told him she would.

I have regular dealings with quite a few men over 70 and can confirm that increasing and sometimes inappropriate horniness seems to be prevalent, whence the idea of the dirty, old man. Forewarned is forearmed.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

I have regular dealings with quite a few men over 70 and can confirm that increasing and sometimes inappropriate horniness seems to be prevalent, whence the idea of the dirty, old man. Forewarned is forearmed.

Yes, inhibitions are one of the first things to go.

3 hours ago, Clive2677 said:

Unhappy?   Yes, this bloody moron has made me VERY unhappy.

The balance of nature appears worthless to this heartless person. 

What has happened to us?  We were all once little babes without a care in the world, oblivious to hate, easy to smile, laugh, only sad or crying when we were hungry, cold, too warm, or missing our mums and daddys. Growing up sucks.

Our French neighbour, retired, is a psychopath. The other week, I filmed an incident when he was confronted by a local father whose teenage son he had smacked in the face three times. The crowd gathered - about 10 locals filmed him ranting at the father and I joined in in case it turned violent.

The police came and no idea what happened then. But the father would have needed to pay the police 100 euros to officially complain.

I erased the film on my SmartPhone. Thema erledigt, I thought.

This morning, back home from a doggie walk, there was a love letter from the guy under the door. In French and starting with „ monsieur „.. but not my name.

“ On ( date ) and at time bla bla, you violated my human rights. Penal code bla bla „ prison for at least one year and a fine of 5,000 euros await you. „

No signature.

PS: his wife left him this week and he found out she was searching online on a dating forum for a way out.

This guy has some serious karma.