Why are you unhappy today?

11,070 posts in this topic

I waited for days for a technician. I watched as he replaced the signal repeater and then tested the system. I asked him how I could boost our connectivity in the apartment. I ordered the new router. I waited while DHL forgot what express delivery meant. I wrote many a nastygram to Vodafone, Amazon, and DHL about service. Finally, everything was in place. I woke up at 6:15 today to set up the new router so that my wife could work from home today on something important. 

All this to find out that there was never anything wrong with the internet speed in her home office; it's her company's intranet.

Exhausting.

I guess there are so many places i could have posted this, but here seems the most relevant right now ...

Dear colleague, I'd almost managed to forget that today is the last day of my life when my age begins with a "5" so thanks for reminding me, you really don't know how much that means to me.

1 hour ago, Malt-Teaser said:

today is the last day of my life when my age begins with a "5"

My 6 year old can't even write properly, and here you are with full sentences. Cut yourself some slack...oh and happy birthday for tomorrow! 

27 minutes ago, dstanners said:

My 6 year old can't even write properly, and here you are with full sentences. Cut yourself some slack...oh and happy birthday for tomorrow! 

:lol:

10 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

the days are getting shorter

Yup - looking in my logbook over the last 10 years I had no "big" (i.e. >500 kms) flight later than the 16th July in any year.

I'm not terribly unhappy today but a week ago I got diagonosed with hip arthritis in both hips and told, 'you'll need both hips replaced before you're 80.' Like next year or next decade or? At first I was shocked. Me? 'Robocop'? Then I didn't believe it. 'I must just have pulled some muscles at work' etc. Since then I've felt a bit off and on teary eyed. Oh, self pity? Me? Not usually! Stop that. Move forward to:

Yesterday I was silently pissed at my absentee boss for dumping more physical work on me via the latest incarnation of my work schedule (more days and hours this month than ever before actually) because other workers had up and quit/called in sick and I got their duties in addition to my own. The pain kicked in around the fifth hour and stayed with me. I'm wary of taking ibuprophen any more as I read online it's bad for your heart (can cause calcification) particulary if you have arthritis, so I took an aspirin, which didn't seem to do much at all. 

Today it occured to me to get proactive, so now I'm trying to get an Attest to try and shove some of this disasterous work load off me. I'm going to physio therapy and doing stretches at home and on my days off work still enjoying a gentle walk in nature, gardening a bit, and not sitting in front of the computer too long w/o getting up and moving a bit. 

First world problem. Topped up my phone a month ago. Unbeknown to me the mobile data function has been on and the wifi off and gobbling up megabites over the Internet. Which is not in my contract. I have made a sizeable charitable donation to the phone company. Trying to get it blocked so this never happens again is a painful process. All for the slip of a finger. :angry:

My Grandad is not in a good way.  On Sunday he had some kind of cardiac event caused by a blood clot and then a stroke a few minutes later.  All he kept saying was that he wants to go home, and now he can't speak at all.  If he's very lucky he will get to go home eventually, in a few months or so.  He's always been completely terrified of anything vaguely medical to the point of panic attacks so I can only imagine how scared he is right now.

I only spoke to him on Thursday.  I want to go and see him but he's in a really bad way and doesn't recognise my Nan at all, so there's no chance he will recognise me. 

1 hour ago, optimista said:

First world problem. Topped up my phone a month ago. Unbeknown to me the mobile data function has been on and the wifi off and gobbling up megabites over the Internet. Which is not in my contract. I have made a sizeable charitable donation to the phone company. Trying to get it blocked so this never happens again is a painful process. All for the slip of a finger. :angry:

If you are on prepaid, you might want to check if your provider has a daily rate. I have one that charges 2€ per day but only on days that you use it. So it's still 2€ per day until you realize but gobbling up MB without a plan is a lot more.

14 hours ago, LeonG said:

If you are on prepaid, you might want to check if your provider has a daily rate. I have one that charges 2€ per day but only on days that you use it.

Which provider is that?

Another local scumbag. I walked along the public footpath with three dogs on leashes and one weed. I cannot prevent that. A local bitched. " Go down the road." " I AM going down the road, the dogs are on a leash.." what am I supposed to do?".

He shouted..I got angry " fuck you."

He replied " fuck you, bastard ".

Tomorrow, I will find the words. " another fascist in the village, eh? "

And Nicole will post it on Facebook. The " good guys here, including locals " will see it and understand it,

I am so angry right now.