Why are you unhappy today?

10,929 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Ignore list it is then... 

I don't use the ignore function. But you may if you wish.

Another journal article on radiologic cancer dx failures. We are all gonna die.

Bloody hell:(.

An English couple, good friends of ours and retired, bought a plot of land in our village 10 years ago and until last year they couldn´t get a licence to build. Originally, they bought the land off someone who wasn´t the owner (no proper registration in Crete till recently ), so that dispute went on for years.

The architect promised this  winter it would be ready to move into in May when they arrived back from England. Our friends half jokingly said " if it isn´t finally ready, we´ll move into your place."

They have just got back and what did they find? The house is nearly ready to move into but they went there yesterday and it had been vandalised and stuff stolen - oven, even the toilet, sinks nicked, microwave..anything not nailed down. The thieves couldn´t take the fridge..too big.

So they are staying at their architect´s house and the architect is sleeping in his office.

Tourists love Crete. Dogs don´t:

By the way, this Cretan animal rescuer today posted about he found a cardboard box with puppies still alive in it in a rubbish container.

Thank God there was a happy ending to that story, John. A while back I saw a video about a dog that had been drenched in petrol and then set fire too. Also in Greece. He was saved and nursed back to life by the vet who treated him, who then kept him. It's amazing how these poor dogs can still learn to trust humans again. Monsters who torture animals like that usually end up serial killers. There must be a quite a few in Greece. 

8 hours ago, bramble said:

Monsters who torture animals like that usually end up serial killers.

And even if they don´t they should be treated as such.:angry:

On 6/22/2019, 10:00:05, john g. said:

Tourists love Crete. Dogs don´t:

By the way, this Cretan animal rescuer today posted about he found a cardboard box with puppies still alive in it in a rubbish container.

Funnily enough, we were outside Lidl today and Nicole recognized this Cretan animal rescuer, Takis! We had never met! He had another abandoned puppy in his car . Nicole shouted out : " Takis!".

It was him and we chatted. This guy lives in a container and has over 300 dogs  in his care in the mountains. His message to us: " I´m Greek. The problem is the fucking Greeks. Call the police anytime you see abuse. The police are becoming really helpful these days."

An inspiring and dedicated man!

Our elderly South African friend Pete, who lost his wife a couple of months ago, called today in desperation...his beloved cat was bleeding. Off to the vet and the vet told us " an enormous tumour which is haemorraghing and the blood is seeping  out of his penis."

We had no choice..we phoned Pete and he accepted it was the end. 

Awful and sad. We hope the cat is happier now.

It just happens. Only yesterday, a local and I warmly exchanged jassous as we passed each other in the street. He dropped down dead today.:(. This was a man who stopped his pick up the other week , opened the door and gave me  a handful of pears from his orchard. RIP.

I didn´t even know his name. .

Thanks, Tor! Let´s make sure it´s neither you nor me next time! We need a beer together! Hope to make it to Hamburg in a couple of months to sort out my personal Brexit nightmare!!! Worst case scenario, we´ll be two "Americans " discussing visas!

:D

(better make it five beers, then!!)

You and me at 5 a.m. at Hamburg Nord...weeeeee

Oh, not again!!!:D..they kicked us out last time!!! ( and that was the cleaners!!).

Did you ever wish you had not seen or heard something? It would make a good new thread but I seem not to have permission to create a thread. Maybe someone else could start it.

Upon calm confrontation about what happened between two people, I was served denial in various forms. I know what I heard and saw. My ears and eyes were not deceiving me. It was even confirmed in the immediate aftermath, then denied later. But it was so shocking I am almost in disbelief. Partly because I do not want to believe it.  How do people react to stuff they would like to unsee or unhear?

Very sad today...my daughter's boyfriend had to make the tough decision today to put his beloved 24 year old cat to sleep as his mother is far away from home undergoing intensive medical treatment. Teufie is now resting in peace in our garden. 

Starting a new business is tough, and when a major client fucks you over it has lasting financial effects for a few months. As a result, I'm tired of being poor. I'm tired of borrowing money from friends for bills and food. I want a reliable source of income again.

I don't want to get a job (which would take time anyway), I know I can make this work and that it will get better, it just sucks right now.

Edit: Just checked my account and a couple of contracts autorenewed today. Had no idea they were due this month. FFS.

On 5/28/2019, 3:49:32, john g. said:

Bloody hell:(.

An English couple, good friends of ours and retired, bought a plot of land in our village 10 years ago and until last year they couldn´t get a licence to build. Originally, they bought the land off someone who wasn´t the owner (no proper registration in Crete till recently ), so that dispute went on for years.

The architect promised this  winter it would be ready to move into in May when they arrived back from England. Our friends half jokingly said " if it isn´t finally ready, we´ll move into your place."

They have just got back and what did they find? The house is nearly ready to move into but they went there yesterday and it had been vandalised and stuff stolen - oven, even the toilet, sinks nicked, microwave..anything not nailed down. The thieves couldn´t take the fridge..too big.

So they are staying at their architect´s house and the architect is sleeping in his office.

Just bumped into our friends again. Broken into again 10 days ago. They will only leave the house if friends house sit. So they´re having an unhappy meal and drink at the taverna tonight and want to sell.

And our taverna owner down at the beach told us yesterday his house had been broken into the other night while he was working.

There is clearly a gang observing people--when they are absent, when they are working etc.