Why are you unhappy today?

10,902 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Jeremy Kyle show has been canned by ITV... 

I quite liked watching it...

He was a vile man that made his money berating and bullying people, many were vulnerable and treated awfully.

He treated the participants terribly in this low budget circus. This is reality television at it's worst.

They should have told him of the show being axed in front of a studio audience.

7 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Could not agree more. 

I am so sorry for your loss, LukeSkywalker!

Even if parents are a bit older, we never really believe that they can, so suddenly, not be there anymore, do we?

Sending hugs cyber hugs your way!

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

He was a vile man that made his money berating and bullying people, many were vulnerable and treated awfully.

He treated the participants terribly in this low budget circus. This is reality television at it's worst.

Unfortunately that's true what he did... But no one that appeared on the show were ignorant of it.... 

It's like turning up for a public hanging and then saying... Wow, I didn't expect that...

@luke,. Manly hugs kiddo... 

10 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

We cremated our  beloved mother. She passed away in her sleep last week very unexpectedly and suddenly at age 78. I'm supporting my dad at our elderly home, because he can't live alone. Luckily, I'm still on sabbatical.

Luke, I deeply believe these words always help at the initial breathless shock of the news when a loved one moves on:

Death Is Nothing At All

By Henry Scott-Holland

Death is nothing at all. 
It does not count. 
I have only slipped away into the next room. 
Nothing has happened. 

Everything remains exactly as it was. 
I am I, and you are you, 
and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. 
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. 

Call me by the old familiar name. 
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. 
Put no difference into your tone. 
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. 

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. 
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. 
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. 

Life means all that it ever meant. 
It is the same as it ever was. 
There is absolute and unbroken continuity. 
What is this death but a negligible accident? 

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? 
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, 
somewhere very near, 
just round the corner. 

All is well. 
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. 
One brief moment and all will be as it was before. 
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland

Originally penned for the death of Edward VII.

Condolences to you Luke, your father is lucky to have you. My thoughts are with you both.

Hugs, Luke. Your mother is waiting for you to rejoin her. And you will. She is not suffering. You are.but not for ever.

I'm so terribly sorry, Luke. I hope that you, your dad and all who loved her can find some peace.

Big virtual hugs to you.

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Unfortunately that's true what he did... But no one that appeared on the show were ignorant of it... 

I'm sorry but everyone who appeared on the show were ignorant. Just like Jerry Springer.

3 hours ago, robinson100 said:

I am so sorry for your loss, LukeSkywalker!

Even if parents are a bit older, we never really believe that they can, so suddenly, not be there anymore, do we?

Sending hugs cyber hugs your way!

So true Robinson100.

When one of your parents dies nothing is ever the same again. There is always someone missing.

@Luke Skywalker: Cyber hugs from Stuttgart.

13 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

She passed away in her sleep last week very unexpectedly...

Trying to extract something good out of death is very hard/next to impossible, but this is how we all want to go, surely. Feel the cyber hugs.

10 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

When one of your parents dies nothing is ever the same again. There is always someone missing.

I still miss mine even now, eight years on. The pain is always there, but with time you find ways to make it recede. Something I wish I'd done within days of my Mum going, is got one of these:

Image result for malteser puppy

Madame has just eaten and is behind me demanding a walk. She takes out all pain you have!

Thanks for all your support and cyber hugs! My dad (almost 84) is doing relatively OK and eats normal. Next week his GP will come and we discuss the care he needs.

58 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Thanks for all your support and cyber hugs! My dad (almost 84) is doing relatively OK and eats normal. Next week his GP will come and we discuss the care he needs.

Sorry about your mom.  I hope you find a good solution for your dad.  My dad died 3 yrs. ago and my mom couldn't cope by herself and ended up in a nursing home.  She's relatively happy there.  Of course she would have been happier staying at home but it just wasn't an option.

To add to my financial luck, I just got a Vollstreckungsankuendigung courtesy of fucking GEZ. There's one thing getting it, but it arrived 9 days after the date on the letter and I was given ten days to pay, meaning it was completely impossible to actually pay by the deadline, given how long it takes Sparkasse to do transfers.

Not that I have the money to pay it anyway.

On 5/15/2019, 9:01:50, Anna66 said:

Agree 100%. Always makes me sick how people laugh at other people's suffering. Terrible.

And yet the POTUS gets raucous cheers and laughter from his troglodyte followers for doing just that.

Bloody hell...hot day and was just about to take three of our dogs for their afternoon walk...when a Greek-American friend, George, called and said: " John, you know that white dog Agapi you and Nicole feed outside the village? Well, one of your Albanian neighbours, Vacilis,  just called me and said he´d witnessed a driver hit the dog and speed off. The Albanian has laid him on the grass verge next to the disused gas station. I can´t come by in the car yet. My wife is at the beach with the car and I can´t reach her."

So I had to leave our dogs at home and left the patio door open for " emergencies ". (especially Max! ).

I grabbed my rucksack and a towel and walked half an hour along the local highway, got to the gas station but couldn´t find the dog. Suddenly, the Albanian and his friend stopped, I got in their car and they showed me the dog.

He was passive and the Albanians and I did think it was Agapi (a  lady dog ).

George turned up and the strong Albanians tried to lift the dog into the car  - and one got bitten for his pains and started screaming. ( I learnt the word for tetanus in Albanian that moment..it´s " tetanus ! ")

They sped off to find a doc and George and  his wife Marta eventually found a vet who was open (the others in town were not...afternoons...siesta ).

George spoke to the vet in Greek. It turns out they have municipal elections next week and, pending legal changes,  vets are not allowed to treat strays at the moment..that´s something for the municipality authorities,  who have to decide to send someone or not and you have to leave the dog where you found it!

George winked at me ( I understood the message...ie I KNOW the dog!!).

´" I know the dog, " I said to the vet. " She´s so lovely."

Vet smiled and said: " it´s a he ."

Bloody hell...it wasn´t Agapi...but very similar looking, maybe a sibling.

" What´s his name? "

I blurted out the male form of Agapi and it is Agapios...and that worked!!!

Anyway, x-rays et al..the dog will probably recover.and tomorrow back to the vet but what then? What happens to him?

We have no space ...jeez."

IMG_1039.JPG