Why are you unhappy today?

10,877 posts in this topic

Our friend let them out of the bag- all still alive. There was nothing he felt he could do without the mother, I am afraid.

They will die soon or be eaten.

Meanwhile, two puppies we have been looking after will be picked up tomorrow by an animal rescue team and flown out of Greece soon.

What a wrench- adorable both of them😟🙏🏻

Red- a local taverna owner here has lost the respect of many a foreigner amongst his clients for, amongst other things, grabbing a puppy and trying to  tie it up in a bag to smother it- he would have then chucked it in the rubbish if my partner Nicole hadn‘t stepped in the other month.

Simply horrific the attitudes to dogs here.

So my ailing old friend Pete had to go to hospital today because he had fallen over..back home now. I promised to bring him some food. I cooked duck. Wandering around with dogs and needing a wee, I took the wrong short cut and stumbled over some stones and fell over...shit. Foot hurts like crazy...Hopefully ok tomorrow. Duck in fridge...:(

Reminds me of the Fawlty Tower episode..ending with " duck´s off"...

:lol::lol:

Pete finally got his Thai duck lunch!!

Foot still bloody hurts, though..

:D

My laptop is now 10 years old, and all the updates have used up all the space on the hard drive.

So I had to go to the local computer man to upgrade the hard drive and he had to install Windows 10.

Now I'm trying to find out where all the stuff is, reset passwords etc. GAH!

I feel your pain, hoops...I´m getting close to that necessary phase...:(

What a way to  start the day off...walking a couple of the dogs, I walked past 4 locals bringing their rubbish to the container a few yards from their houses..IGNORING a cat carcass a foot in front of the container. They were laughing away but gave me the evil eye when I walked past with the dogs.

I mean, one of the dogs might do a little wee wee and upset them.

:ph34r:

Bigoted losers.

Wicked, wicked, painful, debilitating indigestion. One sausace 36 hours ago has made my life agony ever since. I have tried, ginger, mint tea, Fernet Branca, raspberry schnapps, Rennie, a long walk uphill and down dale. All to no avail. Never again. Or else I am having an extended burpy heart attack. Watch this space.

Edit: While I'm on, can I mention the pulled muscle and that spider that got in but could not get out of my bra and has left countless itchy bites? including one on that pointy bit. Yeah, really. Could not make it up. Is it ok to get this off my chest (:D) here without actually living in Germany?

Haven’t quite decided whether this is an unhappy or a vent yet, both realistically.

I accepted a job on the other side of the country as it was basically my dream job, giving up my own company to do it. Took a second visit there to sign the contract and spend some more time in the office and they turn around and tell me they aren’t sure I’m a culture fit, so we came to the conclusion I would consult for 3months and go from there. Ok, fine. They spend ages haggling over price, trying to pay less than what they offered me as a full time employee (erm....no.) So they keep pissing about but we are generally in agreement.  I make financial obligations on the basis of all this as they couldn’t wait any longer, rented out my apartment and sorted everything as I was due to travel the couple of weeks before starting. They sent me a contract which they said was 3pages, one page of basics and 2 pages of data stuff. In fact it was 9 pages long ( their employee contract was only 6) and was nothing that any right minded person in a million years would sign. I told them this nicely and what changes are required, even sending a copy of my own standard consulting contract we could use instead. Now I’m on holiday, due to start on Monday, and they cancel the whole thing because I negotiate too much about everything. I’ve rented out my apartment already, I turned down two very good contracts to do this, have nothing else on the horizon and am on the line for high financial outlay I can’t afford. I can’t even afford my rent and I’m completely fucked, I’m so pissed off right now,

Yeah there were red flags, but this is utterly ridiculous.

yeah, this should have been in the vent thread. I needed to get that out.

59 minutes ago, evildudette said:

...they cancel the whole thing because I negotiate too much about everything.

Bastards. But you are well rid. Be glad you have not wasted any more of your life on them.

Good companies want people who know how to negotiate well on board. Their total loss and a short term blip for you hopefully.  Time to get even, not angry.