Why are you unhappy today?

11,025 posts in this topic

Wow. John, I know this has been on your mind for a while now.

We won't hold it against you if you two should have second thoughts, as it's quite a step.

Sleep on it.

Maybe do a short visit to Germany first.

If you guys want to visit Munich, please be my guests.

I'm sure TTers in other cities would welcome you, too.

Crete is rather seismic anyway. Big one on the way...

I am unhappy because my new dentist, with whom I would love to establish a relationship of trust but so far is not looking good, is farting about with my bills. He is trying to be clever but is face-savingly pretending that that is not the case. The insurance will not pay up on the basis of the unspecified "honoraries" he has given me. He does not try this fancy foot-work on my husband, so why is he trying it with me? Pissed off. I am going to have to go and see him in person and expect him to try to discombobulate me. On the phone he said first I give him the money, then he gives me the documentation I need to scrape back the damage from the insurance... yeah, right.

16 hours ago, Metall said:

We won't hold it against you ...

I am OK with john g. not needing my OK to take any decisions HE chooses. 

John g-  it is hard to live with such complete disregard and cruelty to animals.  

The old "Carpe Diem" is right- never too late to make changes , move homes.   With your attitude, and skills- no worries there!

Good luck.

Jeez... the puppy is with us right now at home in a nest and is gorgeous...:)

We took him back to the beach today ..and there he felt confident enough in his " familiar surroundings " to eat a bit!

Sigh..dunno what next. Ok, the vet at the weekend. Takis, a Cretan animal protection activist, posted another pic today or yesterday of a dog found dead, having been chained to  a barrel outside and left to starve to death. That is illegal even here (ie being chained ). They must enforce the laws here..hit the fuckers hard, which means: in the pocket above all and open up some gaol doors. 

There are times I/we personally have no energy left either to be here or move away but we have to do what we can whilst we are here (still). 

Did I tell you that puppy is absolutely gorgeous?

:P

On 13/04/2018, 05:04:21, Tap said:
10 minutes ago, john g. said:

WTF?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47658239

Old woman stabs a boy to death in Switzerland. Jeez.

john, I don't mean to criticize, but don't we all have enough sadness to deal with in our individual lives without trauling the media looking for even sadder stories?

13 minutes ago, Tap said:

john, I don't mean to criticize, but don't we all have enough sadness to deal with in our individual lives without trauling the media looking for even sadder stories?

You may well be right, Tap! Maybe I should answer Olivia below instead!! (NOT!!):lol:

Oh, the spam thread has been removed! Wonder if she´s still there on the politics XYZ thingy thread!!!

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

You may well be right, Tap! Maybe I should answer Olivia below instead!! (NOT!!):lol:

I wish someone would answer her so she stops posting!

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

She only wants gentlemen, Tap, so I´m out of the game!!!!

john, you're one of the few on here ;)

12 minutes ago, john g. said:

(blushes, Tap )...:P:P

Should I write to Olivia, then?

:lol:

I wouldn't bother john, I suspect she'll just disappoint you <_<

I am unhappy because I was caught by surprise when a car salesman refused to sell me a car for being a foreigner. I have only been in Germany for a couple of months, I am studying the language, but a couple of months is of course not enough so sometimes I ask if the person speaks a little English (I do feel this is wrong and I am ashamed to ask, I know, in Germany I should speak German) just to be able to get things done which need to be done now. I was looking for the perfect car for a while, was looking in other cities as well, and finally found exactly what I was looking for and only 20min from where I live! I was so happy, I was sure I would be signing a contract for my new car this morning. I studied the main phrases I thought I would need and brought a cheat list to help, thanks to tips I found here on TT about buying a car! When I walked in the shop I saw the car parked in the showroom; there were only two people inside (I think they are the owners), one was busy with attending a family the other one saw me and came over; I could tell by the way he looked at me as he approached that something was off. He was very rude, he said "what do you want"? I said in my broken German I was there to buy a car and he just started telling me a whole bunch of s**t some of which I understood that in Germany I should speak proper German and that I am not welcome, and asked to explain why I was there and couldn't speak any German etc etc. It really caught me by surprise. I didn't know how to react. In the end I just said thank you and walked away. I felt really bad the whole day about this, about the other people that were there and heard the whole thing too.      

What a rude arsehole. Karma is a bitch and hopefully he will get his comeuppance.

Maybe you could ask around work colleagues and friends for recommendations of a friendly car showroom.  Good luck.

40 minutes ago, thegreatdivide said:

My dog from since I was single, died today. I am devastated. 😭 Both my spouse and I agree that we will never own a dog. The heartbreak is too much to handle. We only have a cat now who comes and goes as she pleases. The kind that wants to cuddle with every stranger she sees except with us her family that feed her. 🙄

I feel your pain.  I had to put my dog down 22 yrs. ago and it hurt.  I don't have the kind of lifestyle that I could have a dog but I've had cats for the past 16 years.  Losing my first cat hurt a lot too.  She was hit by a car.  After that I said I would never get another one and that lasted about 2 weeks.  House just felt a bit empty without one.  I currently have two.  Mine are cuddly.

My collegue has decided to come into the office sick today. We are together in one room and the coughing and nose blowing has not stopped. I am trying so hard to stay healthy so I can keep up my workout plan and I hate the way it looks when I am sick too often.

So Monday morning sees my son packing a coach with his class mates for their school's "Ski Lager" week's skiing. Is it only Bayern who sends the kids skiing? He is ski-fit as we were all on a fab ski area Saturday. He can ski better than I can!

Then Tuesday I get the phone call every Dad dreads "Your son has had an accident and is in a helicopter to hospital." Every thought goes though the mind. However - no head injury (he has a helmet) and nothing internal thank God. It's a clean break of his lower leg and will heal in six weeks. he stayed overnight.

So today I drove four hours there and back to bring him home, settle him in. 24 hour Wifi, TV and spoiling for six weeks. I have to help him go to the toilet, everything. Gonna be fun...