Why are you unhappy today?

10,997 posts in this topic

Our company was finally sold.:( Though on the surface, all looks same as before, but who knows what's cooking. Maybe I may rejoice in the fact that I had the opportunity to work here - the best company in these  30 years of my work experience - so much employee friendly ( naturally good things don't last forever )

33 minutes ago, RajeshG said:

Our company was finally sold.:( Though on the surface, all looks same as before, but who knows what's cooking. Maybe I may rejoice in the fact that I had the opportunity to work here - the best company in these  30 years of my work experience - so much employee friendly ( naturally good things don't last forever )

Fingers crossed for your future, babe. Sincerely.

I had a similar fall on ice (no salt, no gravel on it) right in front of my company and put my back out.

Company now is refusing to tell the Berufsgenossenschaft (workers' comp) about it because "I wasn't sick long enough".

Edit: I'm walking pretty well again.

10 hours ago, bramble said:

Thursday slipped on ice and broke my ankle. A complicated ankle joint fracture. Operated on within a couple of hours. Will be in hospital for at least a week. Unhappy because my working daughter is now burdened with looking after me and walking the dogs, probably for weeks on end. 

Wishing you such a speedy recovery, dear bramble. Hugs to you and to you all your four-legged friends. 

6 hours ago, Metall said:

I had a similar fall on ice (no salt, no gravel on it) right in front of my company and put my back out.

Company now is refusing to tell the Berufsgenossenschaft (workers' comp) about it because "I wasn't sick long enough".

Edit: I'm walking pretty well again.

..and hugs and speedy recovery to you, too, dear Metall.

11 hours ago, bramble said:

Thursday slipped on ice and broke my ankle. A complicated ankle joint fracture. Operated on within a couple of hours. Will be in hospital for at least a week. Unhappy because my working daughter is now burdened with looking after me and walking the dogs, probably for weeks on end. 

A lovely friend of ours, Pete, late 70s, got blown over by an 80 k an hour wind the day before yesterday. We had 39k an hour down in the village two days ago..he and his wife are in the process of moving from the mountain to down where it is more civilised! He is in bed today unable to move, needs to see a doc.

Step by step...we were able to help his wife move stuff down from the old house today and he really wanted to know some cricket and footie scores. Happy to oblige!

Tomorrow the next step: their dogs are fine but their two cats have to be found up in the mountains so the family can be complete.

It´s a drag getting old...bet Mick Jagger didn´t really know that back then!:rolleyes:

A friend of ours has died, he had a form of Blood Cancer called Multiple Myeloma which is incurable. He had a stem cell transplant probably about 8 or 9 years ago but as this stuff keeps coming back he had a second one last year. Unfortunately it was not a great success and left him with a very poor immunity system and in a lot of pain. We heard this evening that he has died. He leaves a wife, 2 daughters and I think 4 grandchildren including twins born last year.  Myeloma is the pits, it doesn't kill you, it just destroys your immunity system so that everyday illnesses such as a cold will. If your lucky, they pick it up early enough before it destroys your bones (causes osteoporosis), your Kidney's (causes renal failure) and causes amyloidosis (swelling of organs leading to weakness and possible failure of the organ). Despite his illness, he was there for others and used the knowledge he had built up to offer advise and help.

So it's a toast to him and hopefully I can go to his funeral.

Nice knowing you Sigbert and we may end up meeting again soon.

https://www.myeloma.org.uk/

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Sigbert.

It's always a shock when someone dies without warning, but I think it's worse when the disease is chronic.

I'm at the age now that when I go back to my home town for a visit every couple of months, there's usually bad news of a friend ill or passing.

Hope you manage to get to the funeral to say your goodbyes with the family.

Thank's Hoops, but I suspect you see yourself as in the twilight years, our friend should have had at least another 20 years. Shit happens but those with the illness know they are going to die earlier than expected. The medics try but the treatments can leave someone in a worse state than the actual illness. It is a rare illness, estimate is 3000 new cases a year in the UK  and the same in Germany, average life expectency is 5 - 8 years, very few make it past 8 years after diagnosis and our friend just made it. Despite his illness and physical pain he tried to stay positive and he did help a lot of others by being there for them. It puts things into perspective. Reading some of the posts on here reminds me of that old saying "If that's all you've got to worry about, I envy you"

On 1/6/2019, 3:55:32, Metall said:

No, friends who wanted benefits (no, not MAM, that's just funnin' and flirt jokes).

Friends who worked for years on getting us apart so they could fuck me. Not gonna happen.

Did the "friends" want a threesome or did they want to take turns?

Thanks so much for all the get well wishes. Am back home now (since Wednesday) and using a wheelchair to get around in my small flat. It's working unexpectedly well. My daughter has been a great help and still is, walking the dogs, doing shopping, running errands and cooking food for me to warm up in the microwave. My daughter-in-law came yesterday to hoover and clean the floors and wants to do it regularly for me. So I've got two angels looking after my needs. Today I will try my hand at some ironing, which should work sitting down (I usually do it standing up).

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

Get well soon, but enjoy all the help with your housework.

Thanks hooperski, but what I can manage on my own I will do. Fights the boredom of being confined and besides I've been living on my own the past 30 years and am used to coping with everything all by myself. 

I was just thinking about you last night, bramble. Glad to hear that things are going smoothly. Hopefully not too much pain.

Virtual hugs