Why are you unhappy today?

11,050 posts in this topic

Yes. I half expected progress when his father died. Who made a few cryptic remarks before he left. And which I regret not following up. But no. His mother is 94. But I think this is going to the grave with him.

Maybe he swings both ways...  Its nothing new... 

Just because he doesnt screw you... doesnt mean to say he hasnt got some other woman on the side... 

If he did come onto you this evening in bed... whould you turn him down? 

2 hours ago, Cammiede said:

Didn’t they change those laws a few years ago? If I recall correctly (my neighbours went through it), he would be “on the hook” for the separation year and that’s it, assuming the daughter is an adult. 

I assume she would be entitled to 50% of the marital holdings, but I don’t know. 

Separation year plus maybe further if she has a good lawyer.  A friend of a friend has to pay his wife alimony for 5 years although she had started working full time (he even got her the job) and their daughter was 17 at the time.

As for the marital assets, he will keep whatever he had when they married plus whatever was given or inherited to him and so will she.  The split gains refer to assets acquired during the marriage.

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

What? You want me to come and see if your Hubby is gay?

Not every gay guy is a bottom looking for a big daddy.

4 hours ago, optimista said:

Actually not so much closet as gay in denial. Not quite the same thing. I think he has duped me but he's never gonna admit it. Too much to lose and too scary. I only have a list of stuff he hasn't done, rather than what he has done.

Your situation brings to mind one of the first films I saw in German in Germany and understood: 'Der Fangschuss,' (1970s) about a preußisch hetero couple about to marry and yet the groom is secretly more interested in the marriage as a way to always be near the bride -to- be's brother. It plays more like a stage play and in it's way is as heartbreaking as your situation as a married woman currently is. I only found a short clip but the topic is a timeless one. The eccentric grandma (seen cutting strips of paper for toilet paper in the film clip) up at the top of the house knows what's going on.

Metall.  Nah, Not that way inclined, but i am sure I would find out... 

Anyway.... As for Jezzas snow... One on my buddies will swing by tomorrow and WhatsApp me a few pictures of jeremystrasse ...

3 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Anyway... As for Jezzas snow... One on my buddies will swing by tomorrow and WhatsApp me a few pictures of jeremystrasse ...

And, if there's even more snow (as it appears to be indicated on both wetter.de and Ventusky), will this friend stop and lend a bit of a hand or are they just being the standard Youtube / WhatsApp tourists?  I'd be really unhappy if one of your buddies had to swing out of their way for something so trite. (and yes, this squabbling between the two of you, longstanding members of this board, does currently make me unhappy and slightly sad ...)

22 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Metall.  Nah, Not that way inclined, but i am sure I would find out... 

Anyway... As for Jezzas snow... One on my buddies will swing by tomorrow and WhatsApp me a few pictures of jeremystrasse ...

That reminds me of my mum in the 50s, Spider..when I misbehaved, she always said: " I´ll swing for you!"

:(

You are right.. I will ask him to just stop at the end of the road when he is passing and take a snapshot... 

As for your sadness.. try alchohol... It works for some folks... 

Ps.. when jezza stops telling untruths .. I am sure the alleged vendetta will stop..

12 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

As for your sadness.. try alchohol... It works for some folks... 

Thanks for the tip but no thanks ... I think I'll stick with exercise for mood control and try to avoid going down a path that may not end well. - that or just take a break from TT for a while while the two of you trade jabs and site bans.  Best.  Chooyo

Maaaan... I actually clicked on that second link hoping it was a link to Jetta falling off his bike... I was disappointed for 10 seconds...

Bye bye..

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

One on my buddies will swing by tomorrow and WhatsApp me a few pictures of jeremystrasse ...

You do know that most of the snow has melted over the last few days with high winds and above freezing temps, I suppose.

I don't get why you are so obsessed with the guy. Really.

If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they cannot find me, but you know … Dad, how scared am I!”

Emiliano Sala's last correspondence with his father.   Heartbreaking.

Private planes and helicopters are used with affluence but they are risky.   European football probably needs to take a look at this now.  

(And, yes, it was not the best moment for ANOther footballer to post pictures of their fabulous private jet, just after their 18 mill fine for tax evasion). 

Half an hour to town today and half an hour back later. 7 dead cats on the road ..and that´s not including those who we couldn´t see.

:(

Seems like the silly dispute over a name may be over soon  but a whole lot of wasted energy by losers fighting over a name. Care about your fucking economy, Greeks, and care more about your fucking environment and the way you treat animals. Earn some respect. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47002865

Two days ago I became aware through the workplace gossip chain of info gathering that 5 employees had given notice. One day later another employee gave notice. Though I cheer for those who have found the courage to cut the cord and try new avenues of employment or even try the avenue of unemployment for a short (hopefully) time, I am not happy to realize that with an 'end of the quarter and then three months' type of Kündigungsfrist at my level of employment, I will most likely be staying where I am, and helping to carry the load of the six that will soon be gone, as it seems every interviewee who has walked past me to sit and chat with my boss, leaves without a contract. The work conditions are apparently that unfavorable. To me, years ago, the work conditions were acceptable, because I had no other job in this country and nothing was glowing on the horizon either. Today people are pickier I guess. But, over the years, some past employees have indeed trickled sheepishly back. So, who knows? 

Babe, relax. McD will always be around. Stay the course, hold on the tiller through the storm, await their humble return. McD is one of the best franchises in the world.