Why are you unhappy today?

10,559 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

So.. today was the last trip to New dentist in the next village... Root canal work!! 3 visits, each of which he was less than 12 minutes at my side... However, I was sat there for for 25 minutes each time while he popped in to see the patient next door... The bill came to 645€ of which 450 I could directly relate to time spent drilling etc... I thought that I would support the local business...  Next time, you will find me in Spain or CZ getting my choppers sorted!!  

Or choose someone with fixed prices, nearer to home.

Look at Wurzelkanalbehandlung (but also look at footnote 4, their price is per root canal, some teeth have more than one!): https://www.alldent-frankfurt.de/zahnarzt-preise-frankfurt.html

Alldent's prices for the privately health-insured (or uninsured = Selbstzahler) are still fixed and about 1.7 times of the fixed prices for the publicly-insured linked above.

For example, teeth cleaning (= Professionelle Zahnreinigung, lasts about 45 minutes), costs 59€ for someone with public health insurance, and 98€ for everybody else.

In perimenopause especially the problem is that there is plenty of estrogen but a more frequent incidence of anovulation => no progesterone to speak of.

progesterone, which regulates stability and subsequent shedding of the uterine lining.

I think the last thing I'd do is take additional estrogen-*like* compounds in the form of isoflavones if I were bleeding irregularly.

and btw, the "increased risk of cancer" with hrt has been debunked.  read past the WHI study - it was deeply and seriously flawed

I have lost track of my two Christmas CDs I like to play in the car. They haven't been seen since, well, last Christmas. Must dig around and re-locate them or invest in a few new ones. 

17 hours ago, lisa13 said:
17 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I think the last thing I'd do is take additional estrogen-*like* compounds

Yes, I get that logic. Thanks. Was thinking of taking the left-over progesterone-only mini-pills that I did not use a couple of years ago but which are still in my medicine cabinet, just to see what happens. Then again if a change occurs, I would not know if it is the mini-pill or a fluctuation in my own hormones... I was so desperate I put rubber bands around my big toes the other day - accupressure points... and behold, things have indeed slowed down since... we are vulnerable to all snake-oils at this point in our lives. Which is unfunny in this day and age.

Not all ladies are on the ladies only threads. I feel quite strongly about disseminating the ignorance surrounding the indignities we women have to put up with from our bodies. The men we share our lives with should know about this too. I have a sneaky feeling that if men had 40 years of menstruation hassles followed by the Big Bleed for months before the end, they would have come up with a better solution than just putting up and shutting up long ago...

1 minute ago, optimista said:

(1) The men we share our lives with should know about this too.

(2) I have a sneaky feeling that if men had 40 years of menstruation hassles followed by the Big Bleed for months before the end, they would have come up with a better solution than just putting up and shutting up long ago...

(1) I agree and again thank you for sharing your personal experience about this. 

(2) Hell yes we would. We would turn it into a reason to do nothing but drink good scotch and watch telly until it was finally over. 

36 minutes ago, optimista said:

Was thinking of taking the left-over progesterone-only mini-pills that I did not use a couple of years ago but which are still in my medicine cabinet, just to see what happens

bcp's are often prescribed to women who are having bleeding problems - I am not *encouraging* you to do it, but it very well could help ;)

but see, this is fucked.  It's horrid that you are left stabbing around on your own because your docs are too shitty to do anything for you because *they* think it's "normal" and not worth addressing.  I don't see how "common" turns into "normal".  Worse, they have no earthly idea if your bleeding is actually normal unless they actually CHECKED you via simple ultrasound, to be sure you don't have a potentially serious endometrial problem.

I don't know if you've had an ultrasound or if the check that the radiologist did would be able to detect an abnormal lining, but I do remember your FA and HA did not offer you a check like this when you first went to them.

grrrr

grrrrrrr

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

As the year starts to draw to an end and I take stock...yes, insulting letters from the  Finanzamt, my eye and other stuff...but I still find one of the saddest moments of my year was when  I had to take the decision to have Walker put down. The white dog at the back. Thankfully, the others on here are still gallavanting around..bless them...

Still love you, Walker...and will always...:(

IMG_8943.JPG

Himself came home and said he drove by an accident today - car vs bicycle with the kid carrier in the front. It was a Fahrschule car. No ambulance there - the police were finishing up their measurements. I can't stop thinking about it and I hope nobody was seriously injured. I see so many kids riding in those things with no helmets.

I guess the driving trainer's head will roll. It appeared the car was making a right hand turn when it hit the bike.

ETA - This is why I don't drive in Munich - fear of taking out somebody when turning. 

I often see a woman taking her brood to school, 2 small kids on their own bikes, one toddler in a bike trailer AND the dog being 'walked' whilst tied to the handlebars of her bike. Just how dumb / stupid? (delete as appropriate)

Maybe dumb/stupid, French beanl Maybe just inexperienced. Maybe the dog likes it. Maybe the woman will fall off the bike. Who knows? But I tend to agree with you anyway! Unless it´s a stress-free road without much traffic.

Walking the dog while taking the kids to school. What's wrong with that? I see the same often - they all wear helmets and stay off of the roads.

Or should everyone have a car?

41 minutes ago, john g. said:

Maybe dumb/stupid, French beanl Maybe just inexperienced. Maybe the dog likes it. Maybe the woman will fall off the bike. Who knows? But I tend to agree with you anyway! Unless it´s a stress-free road without much traffic.

This is school run time - 7:45 ish, Across one of the busiest crossroads in the town and along a street that has a Grundschule and a bus route on it. Doesn't think much of her kids or dog me thinks. There is also a lack of a cycle lane on the road.

40 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Walking the dog while taking the kids to school. What's wrong with that? I see the same often - they all wear helmets and stay off of the roads.

Or should everyone have a car?

The point is that she has the dog tied to the handelbars whilst she rides on the road. The two kids don't look particularly proficeint on a bike, maybe 7 or 8 years old. The dog is a fair size and will be quite strong. Just asking for trouble.

I ask myself whether dogs actually enjoy having to run beside a bike. No chance of sniffing or doing their business. I feel sorry for them. 

5 minutes ago, Cammiede said:

@RenegadeFurtherwouldn’t be happy either. :lol:

You seem obsessed with the man. He must have hurt you really bad. 

7 hours ago, bramble said:

He must have hurt you really bad. 

In order to hurt me, you have to actually mean something to me.  

I’m just giving him a little dose of the medicine he has been handing out to see if he likes it. 

44 minutes ago, Cammiede said:

In order to hurt me, you have to actually mean something to me.  

I’m just giving him a little dose of the medicine he has been handing out to see if he likes it. 

Honestly, it's better to keep out of it. These are old silly, childish wars - nothing to do with you or me or with my post you commented on. So please don't use my posts to rile someone who isn't even part of the discussion.