Why are you unhappy today?

10,730 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Cammiede said:

He doesn’t need them if he isn’t working in the field anymore. Probably for the best that he refuses to say what those qualifications are/were or give medical advice. It could possibly get him in hot water otherwise. 

Mate, you need to tread carefully here or you will reopen the collective wounds of narcissistic rage. Vengence will be splattered across the forum, the enablers will crawl out of the woodwork, collateral damage will be unavoidable. Think of the innocents.

5 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Mate, you need to tread carefully here or you will reopen the collective wounds of narcistic rage. Vengence will be splattered across the forum, the enablers will crawl out of the woodwork, collateral damage will be unavoidable. Think of the innocents.

I have gathered there was something of the sort. 

14 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

...why do you want to go to the same doctor again if you are not satisfied with him? 

No other option. In this part of the world if you are new to a doctor and you are not in their patients listing, you cannot get an appointment. They are so few and far between they are all overstretched. Now I learn you cannot get an appointment even if you are in their computer. Wondering if the receptionists are expecting a bribe.

4 minutes ago, optimista said:

No other option.

Would slipping over the border and paying privately for a general consultation be an option?

It must be very draining for you to be loosing blood for such a long period of time.  Wishing you stamia and the perseverence to work through this to get a good outcome. Do take gentle care of yourself.

27 minutes ago, optimista said:

they are all overstretched

Perhaps not the best choice of words in conjuction with that type of doctor. :ph34r:

Jokes aside, I hope you can clear this up quickly and painlessly. 

@optimista, trying to quote various posts didn't work so here's just my general 2c worth....

I truly sympathize. I too have had terrible problems trying to find a a new gyny after mine refused me an appointment, nor will she speak to me over the phone following a recent emergency hospital stay that may or may not result in surgery.  The feedback from the receptionist was that she's far too busy with pre and post natal patients....and, I haven't been for a 'lower' check for 16 months.   Although, I had an 'upper' emergency a few months ago and she sent me straight to hospital.  

I second the advice to possibly seek emergency care/treatment at a hospital.  Our local emergency doc 2 Sundays ago, suggested that I can choose any hopsital I prefer that deals with gyny issues.  He gave me all the necessary referral documentation.  I was lucky with my choice and after 2 initial ultrasound tests, I was admitted to a ward within an hour.  Around Sunday lunchtime, there were no other patients at the emergency doc, nor any waiting for assessment at the hospital. The hospital care I got within the 24 hours that I was there, was excellent. It wasn't private medical care.  

I also agree with other comments that the system seems to be crashing.  Around us, several older doctors are retiring or have become long term sick themselves.  There are simply no replacements to be found.  It's not even easy to get vaccinations.  Kiddo recently needed one and all of the local chemists had no stock and none on the way.  One chemist told me that the truth is that the stocks have been depleted by the migrants.  He wasn't being unkind, he's a migrant too, just said there's no harm in being honest. 

I wish you all the very best and hope that you find suitable treatment soon.  

3 hours ago, emkay said:

@optimistaIt's not even easy to get vaccinations.  Kiddo recently needed one and all of the local chemists had no stock and none on the way.  One chemist told me that the truth is that the stocks have been depleted by the migrants.  He wasn't being unkind, he's a migrant too, just said there's no harm in being honest. 

It is nonetheless nonsense. There is an increased demand this year, because the public health insurance companies pay the quadruple vaccination - until last year they did not do that. And the pharmacies simply didn't order enough six months ago. That is how long it takes to produce the vaccine. 

5 hours ago, emkay said:

Kiddo recently needed one and all of the local chemists had no stock and none on the way.  One chemist told me that the truth is that the stocks have been depleted by the migrants.  He wasn't being unkind, he's a migrant too, just said there's no harm in being honest. 

Or just more easy xenophobia perhaps - as yet another migrant turned up to ask for it.  MIgrants can still be bigoted racists.   It's getting a bit tiresome now.    Who does the pharmacist think is having kids here?  It's not Germans.   As you say, he'd be out of business :rolleyes:.

Amazing how many people whine about us these days...but still happily grub our money.    Beliefs and principles have their boundaries.

When migrants feel free to bitch about other migrants - to other migrants - and over children, it's time to worry.  Businesses bitching openly about grasping foreigners taking all the resources?  Where have we heard that before?  Scary.  Kind is someone else's passive-aggressive ("I'm jujst saying...").

25 minutes ago, swimmer said:

MIgrants can still be bigoted racists. 

are you really suggesting that all the apothekers in town are xenophobic?

tiresome indeed

On 26/11/2018, 22:11:46, someonesdaughter said:
On 27/11/2018, 12:27:22, Kommentarlos said:

Would slipping over the border and paying privately for a general consultation be an option?

This is what it may come to. Just been to a radiologist who looked at everything except the cervix, cos that's the gyno's job. Nothing untoward visible, which in itself is reassuring. Seems like it is "just" hormonal. Sitting around for hours in A&E only to see a generalist does not appeal. Need to access a bathroom regularly. Cough. Feel so angry with the receptionist's lack of imagination when she "invites" me to go to A&E where she knows I will be lucky to be seen within an afternoon. Maybe she has a mirena coil and does not know what bleeding is any more. Wondering if refusing an appointment can constitute willful negligence.

Thank you for your sympathetic responses.

A&E know their stuff though.  My best mate locums in it and he (metephorically) knows his way around my lady bits :ph34r:.   We might not avoid A&E with say, a kidney issue, just because there's no nephrologist to hand.  

I think the issue regarding looking elsewhere might probably much the same.  Lots of us already doing that, it might not be faster.  (In respect of an issue I mentioned on Ladies' board, that had occured to me as well),

Optimista- can your house MD not help to expedite an appt?

I second Metall- your symptoms need to be assessed, and you should go to ER.

Yes, you may wait, but triage means your urgency will be assessed regarding waiting time.Good luck.

I didn't recommend going to an ER, especially as I don't know the system outside of Germany.

However, yes, Optimista needs to get assessed. Of course this kind of irregularity might be one of many possible menopause symptoms, but four months is too long. I would want to know what's going on, too.

Optimista, so you don't have any German health insurance right now? Would you have to see a German obgyn as a Selbstzahler (paying yourself)?

2 hours ago, Metall said:

I didn't recommend going to an ER, especially as I don't know the system outside of Germany.

However, yes, Optimista needs to get assessed. Of course this kind of irregularity might be one of many possible menopause symptoms, but four months is too long. I would want to know what's going on, too.

Optimista, so you don't have any German health insurance right now? Would you have to see a German obgyn as a Selbstzahler (paying yourself)?

Sorry- it was emkay! 

I presumed  Optimista was here in Germany,? 

An hour away from Germany. Privately insured for treatment anywhere. I think I feel sufficiently reassured from the ultrasound which has eliminated various possibilities. It looks hormonal. This is what happens in the menopause. It is just that nobody tells you constant bleeding for so long is possible and that you may still live after all. And that in 2018 it still has to be this way. For some of us.

So.. today was the last trip to New dentist in the next village... Root canal work!! 3 visits, each of which he was less than 12 minutes at my side... However, I was sat there for for 25 minutes each time while he popped in to see the patient next door... The bill came to 645€ of which 450 I could directly relate to time spent drilling etc... I thought that I would support the local business...  Next time, you will find me in Spain or CZ getting my choppers sorted!!  

1 hour ago, optimista said:

An hour away from Germany. Privately insured for treatment anywhere. I think I feel sufficiently reassured from the ultrasound which has eliminated various possibilities. It looks hormonal. This is what happens in the menopause. It is just that nobody tells you constant bleeding for so long is possible and that you may still live after all. And that in 2018 it still has to be this way. For some of us.

Well, you *could* look into taking phytoestrogens / isoflavones to reduce menopause symptoms (although the effect is *said* to be more on hot flashes). This are contained in supplements made of soy or red clover.

It's a milder approach than full HRT (hormone replacement therapy) which, depending on the hormones applied, sadly carries an increased risk of cancer.

Maybe discuss this with an obgyn if you ever are permitted to see one. :blink:

But we should take this to the Ladies Area.

2 hours ago, optimista said:

An hour away from Germany. Privately insured for treatment anywhere.

If needs must, do pick somewhere nice to go and treat youeself whilst you are at it. A new museum, some  shopping perhaps, a favourite slice of cake in a park? You know your poisons. Perhaps you should just treat yourself regardless :)

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

So.. today was the last trip to New dentist in the next village... Root canal work!! 3 visits, each of which he was less than 12 minutes at my side... However, I was sat there for for 25 minutes each time while he popped in to see the patient next door... The bill came to 645€ of which 450 I could directly relate to time spent drilling etc... I thought that I would support the local business...  Next time, you will find me in Spain or CZ getting my choppers sorted!!  

Or choose someone with fixed prices, nearer to home.

Look at Wurzelkanalbehandlung (but also look at footnote 4, their price is per root canal, some teeth have more than one!): https://www.alldent-frankfurt.de/zahnarzt-preise-frankfurt.html

Alldent's prices for the privately health-insured (or uninsured = Selbstzahler) are still fixed and about 1.7 times of the fixed prices for the publicly-insured linked above.

For example, teeth cleaning (= Professionelle Zahnreinigung, lasts about 45 minutes), costs 59€ for someone with public health insurance, and 98€ for everybody else.