Why are you unhappy today?

11,473 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2018, 11:55:31, evildudette said:

I lost my job and as a result it's looking increasingly unlikely I'll be able to go to my best friend's wedding :(

You can always rent the DVD!  :D

Sarabyrd sends her greetings.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, evildudette said:

Hello to Sara!

 

I booked the flights anyway. The wedding is more important than money and I'd always regret missing it.

I'll let Sara know.  She'll be happy to hear your good news.  Yes, a wedding should take precedence!  :) 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, evildudette said:

 

I booked the flights anyway. The wedding is more important than money and I'd always regret missing it.

- glad you are going!

 

I am unhappy because I spent the whole of last week at home, more or less sleeping most of the time, with the 'flu.

Had to go back to the Doc today because I still feel like shit - tired, throat burning, no energy, the whole lot.

I seem to have been ill a lot recently, and am seriously getting sick of it!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Robinson100: I think summer flu can sometimes be worse than winter flu. Hope you will soon be feeling better.

I hate the way temperatures seem to go up and down so suddenly over here. Red hot one day and freezing the next.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, robinson100 said:

- glad you are going!

 

I am unhappy because I spent the whole of last week at home, more or less sleeping most of the time, with the 'flu.

Had to go back to the Doc today because I still feel like shit - tired, throat burning, no energy, the whole lot.

I seem to have been ill a lot recently, and am seriously getting sick of it!

@robinson100 Hoping you feel much better as soon as possible!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixed signals today .. too happy cause my vacation starts today and too unhappy cause I screwed big time with my car ... had an accident with a tram and no idea what it’s gonna cost me :( 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2018, 15:10:38, dessa_dangerous said:

I am neither good at nor practiced in lying.  I tend to tell the truth and eat the consequences, very often to my disadvantage.

Ah, common ground...

For the first time ever in my life I can see that the determinedly bare-faced lie to the bitter end would be the infinitely kinder path, so worth it. Only taken me 54 years to learn this one.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My closest *super*market is no longer able to keep carrots, onions and celery in stock at the same time before lunchtime on Friday. I now need to plan a 30 minute round trip by car or bike to go to the *big* supermarket out of town for household basics.

 

The closest option has more than a big enough footprint to hold this stock but obviously needs to respond to customer demand. A large area of the the former green grocery section has been taken over by a huge additional display of biscuits. The salad bar has been extended to offer more individually separated salad leaves (volume not range of) and non vegetable based salads (Fleischsalat etc). 

 

This is not only practically tiresome but does not bode well for the future of society. 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

... extended to offer more individually separated salad leaves (volume not range of...

 

Blimey, they sell salads by the leaf now? As you surmise, the end is surely nigh...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news about a horrible bridge collapse in Genoa yesterday is all over the radio news in Slovenia today. We experienced the same storm tucked away in our marina. So awful and sad.

 

here

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The news about a horrible bridge collapse in Genoa yesterday is all over the radio news in Slovenia today. We experienced the same storm tucked away in our marina. So awful and sad.

 

here

It wasn't yesterday, it just happened this morning.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now