Why are you unhappy today?

10,358 posts in this topic

As my e-mail address reflects the web address they could have said something earlier if that was the case.

The one thing they kept going on about and asking for more info about was the Schufa rating. They wanted the Schufa report, then came back asking for more details from the "private - for your own records only" section, then more ....

I've had a few rejections from others due to my age, they even said in some cases "we're a young team, you wouldn't fit in" and in one case "Sorry, but yesterday my CEO told me to only employ younger people". All illegal but they do this anyway.

The job had nothing to do with driving but they also insisted on a Flensburg (points) report. OK, I have no points and a 29y accident-free record too.

Yes, it could have been for any of a few reasons but their repeated insistence on more Schufa data makes me suspect this.

4 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

As my e-mail address reflects the web address they could have said something earlier if that was the case.

Again, I am really sorry that your dreams got shattered, and I really don't want to rub salt into the wound, but...

The name of your website is www.whisky-whatever.com, you aren't really applying for work with the email address firstname.lastname@whisky-whatever.com, are you?

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

Why only 3 years and nine months in the clink for this wife beater and thug?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-44532897

Unfortunately it happens behind closed doors and it's only in the last 25 years or so that the Police are treating it more than just a domestic.

I wonder whether culture has something to do with it.

On 18/06/2018, 09:57:33, Malt-Teaser said:

They haven't specified why but I have the feeling they refused me due to my credit rating. This was something they kept questioning and asking for more info about.
I have no debts!
I'm truly solvent.
Sadly some years ago I had to go through a private insolvency which in Germany is a 6 year process overseen by the courts. For me it ended in late Sept. 2016 but the German credit agency (Schufa) keeps it on record for another 3 years, hence giving me a lousy credit rating which they describe as "untrustworthy and very likely to default on payments".

Possibly a bad credit rating can be seen as a security risk because such a person may be susceptible to bribes, bribery is as old as prostitution and many have been detained because of it.

On 6/18/2018, 11:13:12, fraufruit said:

When It comes to being in debt, if that was the reason (even though you aren't), their reason may be that you could be easily bribed by someone to gain classified info. That is how they operate. 

1 hour ago, French bean said:

Possibly a bad credit rating can be seen as a security risk because such a person may be susceptible to bribes, bribery is as old as prostitution and many have been detained because of it.

I have a sneaky feeling the sh.. is gonna hit the fan any day now. Dunno whether to lie and deny - for the first time in my life - not to save my skin - or tell the painful truth which will be devastating for certain people. Oh boy.

4 hours ago, optimista said:

I have a sneaky feeling the sh.. is gonna hit the fan any day now. Dunno whether to lie and deny - for the first time in my life - not to save my skin - or tell the painful truth which will be devastating for certain people. Oh boy.

The thing about lie and deny is that most people will probably pretend to believe you, even if they don't.

You just have to weigh how much that will eat at your own self-worth.  If you decide it's worth it, then lie, knowing people won't believe you, but in order to put the matter to rest.

4 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

The thing about lie and deny is that most people will probably pretend to believe you, even if they don't.

You just have to weigh how much that will eat at your own self-worth.  If you decide it's worth it, then lie, knowing people won't believe you, but in order to put the matter to rest.

100% yes.

I can only add, that often for the person who is pretending to believe you...it eats at them too. 

Good luck and feel hugged @optimista

Having reported in sick with the 'flu yesterday, and having made myself as comfortable as possible on the sofa, who walks in? Yes, Shorty, looking as bad as I feel!

Not at all happy that we are both knocked out by this!!!

Robbie dearest, in autumn when the Oktoberfest brings in fresh bacteria from round the world, go down the doc and get impf'd for the next year. Any nasties settle in early autumn and incubate the whole winter only to hatch out spring and now. 

48 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Having reported in sick with the 'flu yesterday, and having made myself as comfortable as possible on the sofa, who walks in? Yes, Shorty, looking as bad as I feel!

Not at all happy that we are both knocked out by this!!!

Three in our household have something similar to the flu I had last winter now. Wipes your muscles out.

On 26/06/2018, 14:36:30, dessa_dangerous said:

Thank you for this information... I have no experience thus far. On a steep learning curve.

On 6/26/2018, 6:56:17, lisa13 said:

100% yes.

I can only add, that often for the person who is pretending to believe you...it eats at them too. 

Perhaps they will chose not to raise the matter at all then.

The question is, what is the outcome you are striving for, who are you trying to make feel better and why?