Why are you unhappy today?

11,473 posts in this topic

Lying on the floor behind me lies a whimpering white ball of fur who has been "done" by a very compassionate lady vet. She is still full of narcotics but is in no pain. By Sunday we will have our baby dog back in spirit. I dropped her off midday and fetched her 4pm. The OP was perfect.

She is the one who brought me out of my grief, so for me this is a bigger deal than those who haven't yet lost loved ones. Yep I'm a softy. I'm the one this lady vet asked would I take in a second Shihtzu dog, (I had to turn her down as I thought my first dog might object).

What saddens me is that there are dozens of other dogs being "done" like this every day in Tierheims and there's noone to stroke them when they come to.

I recently returned to Toytown, after a long absence, and all I see is sadness and pain. My heartfelt condolences to Serenissima and Malt-Teaser. May your dear wives rest in peace.  And Fraufruit, as a mother of two now almost adult children, I can not begin to imagine the pain you feel for the loss of your son. My thoughts are with you. I have lost a dear friend and only since reading about his death 4 days ago I have realized how strong my feelings for him really were. I miss him so much that I feel like my heart is going to break and the tears are running down my face while I write this. The saddest thing is I am never going to find out what happened to him, and I will never be able to tell him how much he really means to me. 

I just gave a greenie to an old post by bobbylines knowing full well he is no longer with us. I hope he´s in good hands right now and smiling and looking down on us and thinking.." hey, I´m fine..I really am "

35 minutes ago, john g. said:

I just gave a greenie to an old post by bobbylines knowing full well he is no longer with us.

^^ ?? :( How very sad. When did that happen John?

Maybe a couple of months ago I remember seeing one of his posts on this thread which was quite disturbing but I got the impression that it was mrs bobbylines whose immediate well-being he seemed to be most concerned about. I thought it was her who may have been very ill, but then it would've been somehow typical of bobbylines to show more concern for his beloved wife than any shadow of self-pity. 

I never had any direct contact with him but he always came across as a very decent, straight talking, down-to-earth, reliable type of guy anybody would be privileged to have had as a friend.

Here's to you, @bobbylines, and wha's like you!

2B

A few months ago, 2B. Wife was in hospital and we all thought " bless your wife "--hope it works out. I met him personally in Hamburg..lovely man with great stories ...really sad he died so young. But, on a spiritual level,....you never know, maybe laughing his head off " you bloody idiots..you work and pay tax for what? Here, it´s ok "

Yep, I´m going for that.

1 hour ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

^^ ?? :( How very sad. When did that happen John?

Maybe a couple of months ago I remember seeing one of his posts on this thread which was quite disturbing but I got the impression that it was mrs bobbylines whose immediate well-being he seemed to be most concerned about. I thought it was her who may have been very ill, but then it would've been somehow typical of bobbylines to show more concern for his beloved wife than any shadow of self-pity. 

I never had any direct contact with him but he always came across as a very decent, straight talking, down-to-earth, reliable type of guy anybody would be privileged to have had as a friend.

Here's to you, @bobbylines, and wha's like you!

2B

It's all here: 

Thanks very much or posting that link, @bramble

That thread was a real emotional roller-coaster.

On the one hand it was good to see @farmerandy had returned to post on TT but on the other hand it was such a devastatingly bad bit of news that he brought. I had read the bad news about the other two TT family favourites, @UncleNick and @fuzzytony but I hadn't logged in between last August and this month so I'd missed seeing any posts in the private area of the board.

I'm out of the words I need to express my fury at the unfairness of the lotto of life.

Why do guys like these, who add so much value to other's lives, get the short straws when there are so many of us, who don't add that much if at all, that get to hang around longer than we deserve?

2B

22 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I am unhappy that 2B doesn't seem to realize he's someone who's "adding value" by hanging around

2B, you bring such a wealth of information, and you always do so with KINDNESS, patience and respect.  That's pure gold.

I'd like to second that!

Lovely post, Lisa!

30 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

I'd like to second that!

Lovely post, Lisa!

I third that...good to see you back 2B :)

I received a letter from a collection agency because of a billing bug in the Coup app. I emailed their support a month ago telling them that there was a payment issue. They never replied, yet had the balls to send collections to get their money. 

Here's the whole story: https://www.reddit.com/r/berlin/comments/8lv8zs/coup_the_electric_scooters_just_sent_a_collection/

You can do everything right, and some random legal trouble will just mess your week up.

I watched Real Madrid-Liverpool. I hoped that Liverpool would win, but two big mistakes of the goalkeeper prevented that: 3-1. I can't stand Real.

Jaw-dropping game in many ways, that.   We're sitting here speechless (except possibly "oh dear" or "bloody hell").  The important things certainly did not go LFC way.    ZDF certainly got their keeper-heavy expert panels correct.

EDIT - And if Salah is out of Russia too, that's really bad news for the sport.