Why are you unhappy today?

11,179 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Anna66 - have you tried those makeup remover towelettes?

Just did, thanks for the tip. After much rubbing it is now less noticeable.

A bit of white spirit (just kidding) or paint stripper and it will be sorted ;)

next time, use a cotton swab or a q-tip to blot the excess powder or pencil until it looks less drastic, that way you keep the shape but lose the scary chola brows.

tip: whatever color you think you want your brows to be, purchase a product that is a good couple of shades lighter.  I use a medium light brown and my actual brows are almost black, but sparse; you're not adding brows but filling in the space between the hairs you already have.  You'll still have to blot (because a thick solid line will look unnatural, whatever color it is) or learn subtlety with a brush, but it'll add definition without transforming your whole appearance.

25 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

Just did, thanks for the tip. After much rubbing it is now less noticeable.

A bit of white spirit (just kidding) or paint stripper and it will be sorted ;)

Baby oil or natural oil should also help ...like removing waterproof mascara. 

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Went out at 7 this morning and found our one year old cat Carlotta had been run over and left dead on the street?. 

She was all fun and games yesterday and had gulped down her favourite food, been her playful self...

So sad...

Sorry to hear that John. Would wreck my day completely.

45 minutes ago, emkay said:

Baby oil or natural oil should also help ...like removing waterproof mascara. 

Every time I tried baby oils to remove my mascara, my eyes were so blurry for an hour later that I couldn't read no matter how much I cleaned them with a tissue. The towelettes work great and I only buy the mild ones.

Back on topic - I haven't had a reason to do my eyebrows or use mascara in ages.

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Every time I tried baby oils to remove my mascara, my eyes were so blurry for an hour later that I couldn't read no matter how much I cleaned them with a tissue. The towelettes work great and I only buy the mild ones.

Back on topic - I haven't had a reason to do my eyebrows or use mascara in ages.

Well, find a reason... or not, fraufruit! If it makes you happy, just do it. With or without a reason! Why be logical or rational or care what others may think? (hubby included!!! ):P Your life, your happiness..

7 hours ago, Anna66 said:

I stupidly used a product to make eyebrows darker, but now I look like I drew them on with a marker pen! LOL. Hope it washes off soon. I look bloody ridiculous!:o

Vanity is a sin!

7 hours ago, Anna66 said:

I stupidly used a product to make eyebrows darker, but now I look like I drew them on with a marker pen! LOL. Hope it washes off soon. I look bloody ridiculous!:o

Vanity is a sin!

@Anna66  I tried an eyebrow dye I found on Amazon,de called Reflecto Cil. Maybe you'd like to try it too? This looks more natural than drawing in the brows, though you can do that as well, if you want, of course. You need  a tube of whatever color you would like to try (I like 1.1 Graphite) and a small bottle of developer. Easy to apply, looks goopy and like you are Groucho Marx while it's dying your brows, leave it on 5-10 minutes. Wash with soap and you are ready to go. Doesn't stain your skin either. Just colors your brows. Lasts about 2 weeks. 

On 30.4.2018, 23:32:36, cybil said:

@Anna66   Doesn't stain your skin either. Just colors your brows. Lasts about 2 weeks. 

The problem with that is... my eyebrows have fallen out ! So I need something that does stain skin :lol: Thanks for the tip though.

Dear Dr. I just need you to sign this form allowing me to do a basic fitness test for a really interesting job I'm trying to get.

The fitness test has just one part, I need to cover 1km in no more than 7 minutes.

Oh sorry, I can't do that without a full health check here. We need to do ECG, fitness ... etc before I can sign that.

OK, forget it, I'll stay unemployed. Hopefully when they stop my unemployment money you'll take it over and pay me.

President Trump wants very much to have a yuge military parade in Washington DC later this year.  It will cost millions of dollars.

5aecab927c2e5_ParadesRepairingUSSteveSac

37 minutes ago, katheliz said:

President Trump wants very much to have a yuge military parade in Washington DC later this year.  It will cost millions of dollars.

5aecab927c2e5_ParadesRepairingUSSteveSac

- and make a wonderful terrorist target!!!

President Trump probably thinks that what Kim Jung-un can do, he can do as well, but then bigger and flashier. Perhaps he can mobilize 50,000 housewives from Omaha to clap during the parade.

He has certainly got a "Napoleon complex", strange for a man that did everything he could to stay out of the army.

I guess you could compare it to military dogging, likes to watch but not join in.

Me, unhappy? Nope, not today. I am quite happy today, which is very, very strange. Usually I am the grumpiest bastard anyone has ever met.

Anyway, I'm sure everything will be back to normal tomorrow...

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My BIL's neck cancer is back and they found out yesterday that it is big and in a difficult place. I feel sick for them.

I'm sorry to hear that. So much has been going on lately. *hug*