Why are you unhappy today?

11,188 posts in this topic

Well, he got 18 years out of the old firm, which is not really 'fly by night' and the new firm, Mittlestand and German though it may be, doesn't control the hardware, so mixed feelings are inevitable.

Wishing all the best for you in this new relationship, pappnase, and hoping it brings you many years of stability and satisfaction.

15 hours ago, john g. said:

Shame the " bastard or bitch of the day " thread was shut down by TT mods,,,,,

This man deserves it: ( and his passenger , too )

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-43926623

Brown and Harrison were both found to be four times over the limit for cocaine when the Ford Focus driven by Brown "ploughed" into the boys as they crossed Longfellow Road with their family.

There's a legal limit for cocaine??? :o

More free board and lodge for scum. Total waste of space. Not what tax-payers should be paying for.

More "a little sad" than outright unhappy:

Almost 11 years ago we moved into this house and my dear (now departed) wife brought with her a small bush which had previously lived on her patio in a planter. It's now surpassed the height of the balcony and is almost at roof level. I'm sad because my landlady is working to get me out of the house so she can build apartments and when I eventually have to leave I'll have to leave this behind to be dug up and thrown away.

Bush02.jpg.0a4c9beed0767f298dd025611c5a6

@ Malt-teaser - can't you take a cutting from it and grow a new one, which will still be part of the old one, if you see what I mean?

6 minutes ago, Malt-Teaser said:

Probably.

I'm also considering the possibility of cutting it right back and trying to transplant it.

That is sad though it sounds easy enough to transplant root shoots.  Maybe after flowering, get some root shoots in big pots to establish over summer. They will grow well in pots and won't get too big.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/lilac/transplanting-lilacs.htm

You could also google 'propogating lilacs'. I'd guess you'd have more success with non woody stems.  

Good luck

That's so sad John :(...same happened to our one year old cat.  The only solace is that she was happy and loved, and that you'll cherish your memories of her.

Thank you, emkay!

For some reason, the other four cats have not shown up in the patio today-- I wonder if they are looking for their sister.

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

Thank you, emjay!

For some reason, the other four cats have not shown up in the patio today-- I wonder if they are looking for their sister.

Probably...when our young Joey died, my daughter held him in her arms for a long time sobbing.  All the other cats came and nuzzled him.  They were all quite disturbed for a while after.  One of his sisters has never gone outdoors since.

An elderly cat loving neighbor said to me that all cats are precious to us though those that die young will always have a special place in our hearts.  

I stupidly used a product to make eyebrows darker, but now I look like I drew them on with a marker pen! LOL. Hope it washes off soon. I look bloody ridiculous!:o

Vanity is a sin!

1 minute ago, Anna66 said:

I stupidly used a product to make eyebrows darker, but now I look like I drew them on with a marker pen! LOL. Hope it washes off soon. I look bloody ridiculous!:o

Once in a moment of boredom I tried a wax strip I found in my daughter's stuff on my upper lip.  It neatly removed several layers of upper skin, leaving a lightly weeping red faux moustache, and all the hairs still intact.

58 minutes ago, john g. said:

Went out at 7 this morning and found our one year old cat Carlotta had been run over and left dead on the street?. 

She was all fun and games yesterday and had gulped down her favourite food, been her playful self...

So sad...

Sorry to hear about that. I really do not understand why this happens in the residential areas where people are only supposed to drive at 30 kmh. Awful.