Why are you unhappy today?

11,188 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2018, 2:31:07, Metall said:

All the best to Mrs. Bobbylines!

Please take care of her.

If things become serious, I beg you both to take swift and decisive action. Sometimes there is no time to waste - second opinions yes, but do not delay. PM me if you want to, or start a thread in Supporters.

Just started the thread. Bobby and I have met in the past in Hamburg - a lovely man. Let´s show all our support.

LDL-cholesterol has increased rapidly in the last year (3.8mmol/L).

Now I have got a referral to the lipids department at the hospital.

It really looks like the statins are not enough and I will have to make some important life choices.

3 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

LDL-cholesterol has increased rapidly in the last year (3.8mmol/L).

Now I have got a referral to the lipids department at the hospital.

It really looks like the statins are not enough and I will have to make some important life choices.

That would mean it's (used this conversion calculator for "Cholesterol"): https://www.tellmed.ch/tellmed/Tools/Diagnostische_Scores_Berechnungen/Umrechnung_von_mg_dl.php

• 147.975 mg/dl

Well, sorry, but I had a look at my latest bloodwork, and I had more than you and I'm as healthy as a horse, with a perfectly sound heart (they did the entire check-up, including EKG).

If you look here, you will see that anything up to 159 is still "borderline" (not good, but not yet "high"):

5acd2ff05efbd_Screenshot2018-04-10at23.4

Plus, you always have to look at this "bad" LDL cholesterol in conjunction with the "good" HDL cholesterol, so if you also have a high "good" HDL level of above 40, it compensates the "bad" LDL cholesterol: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/HDLLDLTriglycerides/HDL-Good-LDL-Bad-Cholesterol-and-Triglycerides_UCM_305561_Article.jsp?appName=WebApp

8 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

That would mean it's (used this conversion calculator for "Cholesterol"): https://www.tellmed.ch/tellmed/Tools/Diagnostische_Scores_Berechnungen/Umrechnung_von_mg_dl.php

• 147.975 mg/dl

Well, sorry, but I had a look at my latest bloodwork, and I had more than you and I'm as healthy as a horse, with a perfectly sound heart (they did the entire check-up, including EKG).

If you look here, you will see that anything up to 159 is still "borderline" (not good, but not yet "high"):

5acd2ff05efbd_Screenshot2018-04-10at23.4

Plus, you always have to look at this "bad" LDL cholesterol in conjunction with the "good" HDL cholesterol, so if you also have a high "good" HDL level of above 40, it compensates the "bad" LDL cholesterol: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/HDLLDLTriglycerides/HDL-Good-LDL-Bad-Cholesterol-and-Triglycerides_UCM_305561_Article.jsp?appName=WebApp

Due to having a past incidence, and extremely high lipoprotein a levels my cardio and doctors go on the assumption that my LDL-cholesterol should be below 1.8 mmol/L. This is extremely hard to achieve. After 3 weeks at the rehab center with exercise  and a strict diet i achieved 1.78mmol/L but this was extremely well controlled by the doctors. Last year my LDL cholesterol was 2.6mmol/L.

Just a bit of a shock that it is so high (for me), I will try to make the lifestyle changes and see what the lipids experts at the hospital say.

I hope you get it figured out, Renny. Meantime, try not to worry too much. It sounds like you are working with some caring doctors.

I'm so sorry, Tappy!

Whilst it is an awful job, sorting through your Mother's things, I fully understand that you wanted to do it, and also to have the choice of what you keep and don't.

Sending cyber hugs your way!

We didn't have to clear my grandma's house. Vultures did it for us in less than a week. Sorry for you Tap. Know how it feels.

When my relatives died, I had to beg for three days to sift through an entire house, desperately searching for documents and mementos... which I had to pay cash for... including paying for their wedding rings... then the dump truck came and and everything was trashed.

Hugs to you, Tap.

They are wankers.

@RenegadeFurther I'm miffed at my house dr. The two times in the past nine years he ever ordered cholesterol checks, the results were never given to me as anthing more than the total count, which is rather misleading as then one can't calculate the 'good' cholesterol at all. First year: 270. Second check: 240. Dr. just said, 'you're slim, young, have low blood pressure, no known heart issues, no problem' and left it at that. Which is crap. Slim or fat, it's the cholesterol count that matters, not body size! Young? I'm over 50 now. My mother in the US said, 'OMG you must take statins! Like your father and I.' Looked at a cholesterol in food chart, tracked what I eat in cholesterol. In an average day I eat only about 30 mg. max. In my case, high cholesterol is definately genetic. In my 30s my cholesterol was a total of 194 or less and then with the 'good' cholesterol figured in, in the accepable range. Hmm. Switching house dr. in Germany as he is a total ass anyway. Wher is Dr. House when you need him? At least he is better at diagnostic and doesn't sift you out as 'Kasse' or 'Privat' patient when it comes to best options for my personal health (not best option for his rural Praxis wallet). :o

@TapThe vultures can decend not only at funerals but re-marriages. My father and aunt lost many childhood momentos, belongings of their deceased father, etc. when my grandma married her lover, about 10 yrs after my grandpa's suicide. Her new alcoholic husband cleared out the attic because my grandma let him do so. My aunt and father had no clue until it was far too late. Pay off: young lover/new husband died of a massive heart attack a few years into the marriage. :) Age 42. Grandma was 17 yrs his senior. :o Cougar lady!

A so/called guard dog, a beaut called Heraklis...we pass by once a week and give him a bone, which we throw over the gate of a company. . Nicole warned the owner so many times the dog is losing his eyesight..we even called the police once and they said the guy takes the dog to the vet..does he fuck...the dog is now totally blind. SO annoying and sad. We passed by this evening.

So heart-breaking. He doesn´t deserve that or his otherwise lonely life.  The so-called owner won´t be back till Monday and left him some cheap dry food - this guy has money and has a company. Scumbag.

Today's workplace gossip: the local Gesamtschule, which supplies us with many after school hungry teen customers, was on fire last night (Saturday) near my place of work (within a short walking distance). I hear it made Germannational news even, haven't looked that up yet.

Though not at work last night, there was also an altercation in our fast-food place that apparently led to someone pulling out a knife in the store or in the parking lot, anyway, police were called.

I have never seen my sleepy workplace area of Germany as any kind of (pun intended)'hot spot' nor the setting for a 'Westside Story' act. Hoping the rumble is over and we can all get back to feeling safe at work/trusting our customers to behave themselves,etc.

So to wind down the day, we had a drink at our local beach taverna..all was well, trying to put aside the world´s problems, war, poverty..the usual stuff...then we noticed another - yet another abandoned puppy...funnily enough. we saw a Greek guy on the beach with the puppy yesterday...ah, but Greek Easter has finished...so he´s buggered off back to Athens or wherever and left a puppy in sight of where the foreigners congregate.

Nothing we can do tonight..hope the poor mite doesn´t get attacked by the ticks and get Leische Maniosis tonight...let´s see tomorrow-