Why are you unhappy today?

11,197 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear your bad luck, Pappnase. If you go back to work, who would take care of your wife and kids, though? It might be a silver lining that you can be there for them.

Feeling particularly lonely and cut off from the world today. It feels like forever since I've talked to anyone back home, and don't have anyone to really talk to out here. Was supposed to video chat with my closest friend, and she bailed the last second. Seems silly to be so unhappy over, but damn, I really miss talking to my friends and family. Especially around the holidays. 

1 hour ago, pappnase said:

Except that my wife is now in bed with flu and a high fever and my youngest looks like they will be next.

We (my daughter and I) had that last week. We were both written off sick for the whole week. She wound up feeling better and back to school by Wednesday. I, on the other hand, spent the entire week + weekend in bed, before forcing myself back to work this past Monday. I'm still extremely exhausted from it and went home a little earlier Monday and Tuesday to rest up some more.

What I'm trying to say is, this can stick around for a while, so please have patience with your wife as she battles it. It has been especially hard this year.

Indeed. How is one supposed to welcome, tolerate (or even manage indifference in the face of) overt expressions of support (like wearing beards and burkas) of Islam in our midst? Yes, I get the argument that terrorists have nothing to do with the Mohamedan faith but sincerely folks I increasingly do not want to be reminded of this particular group when I am out and about. I mean I do not want to see burkas, headscarves and bearded men in frocks down at the local Super-U. The associations are terrible. It is hard not to become radicalised and tar the whole group with the same brush.

Could the muslim community take off their uniform and start dressing like Europeans as an act of solidarity? Discuss.

Gin doesn't like me and I'm not keen on it... 

One hour less sleep did not help.. 

On 3/22/2018, 3:55:25, Arctic Circle said:

Feeling particularly lonely and cut off from the world today. It feels like forever since I've talked to anyone back home, and don't have anyone to really talk to out here. Was supposed to video chat with my closest friend, and she bailed the last second. Seems silly to be so unhappy over, but damn, I really miss talking to my friends and family. Especially around the holidays. 

Passing out Sunday hugs to you today.

Today is the last day for Spring Break. And I didn't really get to do anything that I planned. And this semester has been dragging along. Ready for it to be over. Only upside, is that I got to pick up some more hours.

Socks (ok, not as bad as food poisoning) but why are the designed in a such a way that the seams will always rub against you toes down the the side/front?
We have been making socks for centuries and not one person, not one, said 'you know, maybe we could put that seam somewhere else?'. 

I share your pain: very tender feet, grew up wearing locally made moccasins,  and sufferred mightily in the-high-heels-must-be-worn at work era.

Moving to Germany introduced me to  comfy socks and shoes . There are even  specialty stores for each in our nearest small city   and they will listen, sympathize and prescribe a wonderful (if pricey) solution.

Handmade socks are even better, in my opinion, as there are a many different toe/heel/fiiting designs.

Life is too long to have sore feet.

ETD

There is to be a one week special of the quiz show "Who wants to be a Millionaire"  on ITV this Spring.   Sadly, Jeremy Clarkson is the host.

I can´t find the orgy thread..Los Angeles 1974!! Twasn´t me...!!! Bayrisch Dude posted..can´t find it.:lol: I was in virgin territory by then .El Salvador etc!!!!

8 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Socks (ok, not as bad as food poisoning) but why are the designed in a such a way that the seams will always rub against you toes down the the side/front?
We have been making socks for centuries and not one person, not one, said 'you know, maybe we could put that seam somewhere else?'. 

simple solution:  start knitting.  No seams and you can fit them to your feet like...a dream come true.

44 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

simple solution:  start knitting.  No seams and you can fit them to your feet like...a dream come true.

I have never considerd knitting as a solution to anything ?

Maybe I can get the Mrs to take it up? ?

sure but don't complain if it's not exactly what you want.

seriously...a knitting family member will likely produce all sorts of things you might prefer not to wear, especially when they're just starting out

I can see it now...in about 6 months:  "I am unhappy as my wife spent weeks knitting a sweater for me and now she's always asking why I never wear it!  I don't want to hurt her feelings but I would not be caught dead in that thing!  gah!" 

hehehehehe - don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Amazon, it would have been nice if that easter egg for my daughter was not broken.

It was it's fancy packaging and you box with paper (not really enough) in there yet still broken.

We will be complaining..

After taking two dopamine pills last night to get a good night's sleep from her restless leg syndrome, my MIL flipped out this morning at our renter,who kindly stopped by to help MIL by making breakfast for her husband ,who has early dementia, so MIL could sleep in. MIL got up, angry to see the renter and hit all her buttons. Arguement ensued. MIL threw hot tea on renter. Renter is the official Pflegehilfe replacement person when MIL can't/isn't up to caring for her own husband. This stress has escalated to a weekly event of MIL throwing tantrums. She was always very trying to be around in the almost nine years of living next door but since not dying during her bypass OP (her wish was to not wake up, darn it) last May, she has become even more cruel to everyone around her. I find her very draining to be around and avoid her as much as possible. My husband can handle her well and listens and walks away when she gets too crazy. Bless him. He is her only child and lives right next door and always there to help her when she needs help too, but I fear she is crushing him with her threats of suicide lately. I spoke with her dr. about her threats and so he made a house visit, only to be booted out by my MIL within 5 minutes. Beasty.