Why are you unhappy today?

11,170 posts in this topic

She just rang to say "letter in post" but I don't believe Eigenbedarf as she wants to knock it down to build apartments. Last year she approached me and said she had to sell to raise money for her failing business. I consulted a lawyer who helped me no end as the original mietvertrag was not legal (long story).

Now a year later it looks like she's found ways to get finance to do the rebuild herself.

Legally she has to give me a minimum of 9 months notice which she seems to be doing.

My lawyer initially said if I don't find anywhere suitable within that time the mietvertrag MUST be extended at my will and discretion.

My only concern here is that she is now talking about "Bau Beginn" dates ... but if I don't find anywhere suitable in time ...

Obviously I have to wait for the letter to arrive and then I'll be consulting my lawyer again but you're right, not a good day.

I guess it's time to ask your lawyer (or the Mietverein) about her paying all of your moving costs etc. after 9 months if she can really do this.

She lied once "selling to raise money for her failing business". Once a liar, always a liar.

This saddens me as I'm sure there are a lot of sentimental things connected to that apartment.

That's the crux of the situation.

This was the (only) home of myself and my wife who sadly died 2 years ago.

The landlady is very sypathetic, I really can't say anything negative against her.

I think she was being pushed into a situation by the bank and has now found another solution but that doesn't help me.

When she spoke to me today she was genuinely close to tears.

I honestly believe she has now found a solution where she doesn't have to sell but she now has the finance to rebuild herself.

I'm so lucky thus far, this is officially a (detached) house with 160 SqM and 1000 Sq metres grundstück, so not insignificant.

I have 6-7 rooms and would require something similar but that isn't possible at the rent I'm paying and as usual I'll get comments from prospective Makler like "You don't need that much space."

I know because I've already tried!

Oh well, when the letter arrives it'll be another Lawyer appointment to see what he says.

You're right, I can't get through this without the help of a lawyer.

Down the taverna earlier today... the news:

German lady friend  of ours, Birgitta,  in hospital: breast cancer diagnosis

South African friend , Peter, in hospital...fell over and has fractured a bone in his spine.

No fun for them...fingers crossed...

Why is the police so racist? Why didn't they react in the past?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5487167/Telford-child-sex-scandal-involving-1-000-Britains-worst.html

Girls must be saved from going through this hell': Call for public inquiry into Telford sex scandal as it emerges up to 1,000 children as young as 11 were drugged, beaten and raped over 40 years

• Gang in Telford, Shropshire, has been sexually abusing teen girls since the 1980s
  • Allegations 'have been mishandled by authorities' with attackers left unpunished
  • Telford's Tory MP, Lucy Allan, has called for an urgent Rotherham-style inquiry
  • Lucy Lowe, 16, was murdered alongside her mother and sister after her abuser set fire to their house. She had given birth to his child at just 14 

This wont get mentioned at all more than 3mins by left wing media if at all.

In other news Trump had 8 diet cokes for breakfast.

I have to say, and maybe this should go in the flummoxed thread, I was amazed there were no race riots after Rotherham. That lady commissioner of police who resigned because of the inertia she encountered and spoke so memorably, eloquently and openly on Radio 4 went very quiet very quickly. It's a mafia and like a worm eating the body from the inside out. I shudder to think that one good-looking, intelligent Asian chap wanted my Aspergers sis to go and live with him 40 years ago. (Bit of a mis-match... which my ma spotted.)

Today my darling wife is leaving to visit her ageing Mother for six weeks.

No more super meals just beans on toast and, what's worse, making my first cup of tea in the morning :-( 

Well I'm not exactly slit-my-wrists unhappy but we thought our new comfy reclining chair was being delivered today. Instead, we only got the sofa pillows out of the same fabric.

And I had claimed first dibs on it tonight.

*sigh*

They buried my cousin's wife today.

She wasn't particularly nice and towards the end she was just shouting at everyone, husband, son and anyone else who was around. Not a great life for them but her son lost his mother and he hasn't even turned 10 yet.

When she went in to hospital he told his grandparents (on my side of the family) that he was looking forward to the peace and it was good he and his dad would not be shouted at for a while and he may be able to go out and play with his friends (she never let him).

I hope he doesn't bring that in to a connection with her death and I hope his dad can manage the situation and his grandparents can also be strong to help their son and grandson.
Not going to be easy, my cousin hasn't worked for years and now it looks like he will have to sign on and get a job...

That is way too young to loose a a parent.

Sorry to hear that cb6dba. Sounds like a sad situation all around and I'm sure it isn't easy to watch. Hopefully, father and son will both find some peace.

From what I heard today the son managed to get though the day and pot on a brave face.
It's not going to be an easy time for him the next few weeks..

The Mrs is away visiting family this weekend so it is juts me and the small one.

As we do when mama is out of town, we went on a mini date night, this time the new steakhouse around the corner.

Really good steak, not to far to travel but it did stick me a bit to think that we are here enjoying ourselves and my cousin's son had to brave it up yesterday.  

You never know what is around the corner..

A very good friend of ours died this morning. 

This is just the most recent in a long line of deaths of friends and family about our age. 

Since 2012, We have lost one female friend to a lung infection, my brother to a heart attack, a male friend to a heart attack, another male friend to a brain tumor, another male friend to lung cancer, and now whatever the most recent cause of death is. 

That is just our very close circle of friends around our age. If you throw in casual acquaintances and older friends, the number is even higher. 

They were all within 3-4 years of my age. Mortality keeps knocking on my door. 

The way I have lived, burning the candle at both ends with a blow torch, I keep wondering if I’m next. 

Rest in peace, bud. Go throw God a strikeout, or even better, hit by pitch. 

Sorry to hear about your friends, Guest. We too have had friends of our age die recently and it really does make us think about health and lifestyle changes.  Time for reflection and big changes.  

Guest, sympathies on loss of your friend.   Now, I understand my mother when she  mourned loss of friends, family so much. When we were younger,, it all seemed unreal, but we keep being reminded of our own mortality,.

Keep the happy moments in your heart, and remember the smiles.

I have 10 days holiday from work starting today and I was planning to visit my parents with my wife and kids. Except that my wife is now in bed with flu and a high fever and my youngest looks like they will be next.

I could go back to work and not take the time off until later in the year, but I carefully planned to be out over the next two weeks because there is a new contract starting in April which will mean no spare time off until October.

Sorry to heat that Guest.. 

Remember the best way to approach life with your chin up.

This provides the momentum for when you thrust your head forward and brow it right between the eyes.