Why are you unhappy today?

11,023 posts in this topic

What are your symptoms? Is it a stuff nose type cold or a run-down, achey, etc type cold?

Heat up a beer til it's as hot as a nice cup of tea, then chug it as quickly as you can. Then hop into bed and let it work its magic. It will knock you out cold and apparently you sweat out all your yucky cold toxins from your body. If it doesn't work, don't blame me, blame the East Germans- it's their stupid home remedy. (But it does seem to work).

Perdido, drink lots of liquids, possibly some warm chicken soup, stay under the covers, keep warm and try sweating it out, and get a good night's sleep. I probably sound like your mom now. :rolleyes:

When you start delivering let me know mate.

I could tell you a story about a taxi driver i know but as hes in England there is not much point really.

as for your man flu, a bottle of Jagermister <sp?> in cups of coffee in bed always works for me.

Makes you sleep like a baby ;)

Perdido, drink lots of liquids, possibly some warm chicken soup, stay under the covers, keep warm and try sweating it out, and get a good night's sleep. I probably sound like your mom now.

I absolutely agree: Chicken = protein; noodles = carbs/starch/energy; broth = liquid; pepper = spice --> sneeze your head off, loosen the snuck; heat = sleep. Now I sound like MY Ma, and she's 69 a week from now.

P.S. Add onions. They're good for you, I just can't remember why. I think they stretch your arterties, get the blood flowing freely.

Denny Doherty has died and that reminded me of Mama Cass and it all makes me sad.

I have a terrible stomach ache because I ate more than a half bar of dark bitter chocolate this afternoon.

That means: over 85% cocoa.

Read: "supposed to be healty"... "good for blood vessels, good for the heart, the skin and hair, excellent for fighting bad cholesterol concentration (I ate two eggs for breakfast - bad cholesterol, right?)".

But right now I am not sure: is it healthy or not? (***cuddles up like a cat and suffers / horrible stomach pains going on, and getting worse and worse... )

Sin, wait till you get to my age. Then you begin to realise there is no such thing as "old", because the people around you look younger and younger :D . Umm, at least I think that's how it's supposed to work... :unsure:

Now, where did I put my Alzheimer's pills? Or have I taken them already? Can't remember...