Why are you unhappy today?

11,695 posts in this topic

i am feeling rather homesick too. but for Munich, for some strange reason.

Because Munich is home? I've lived in this little place in Schwabing longer than any place I lived in the states - over twice as long actually. :(

I went to the doctor yesterday and she is on vacation. Which reasonable person begins a vacation on a Thursday? Anyway, I am really, really unhappy because I have had a headache for the last week and refuse to take aspirin like jujubees.

But then again, I have an appointment with another doc around noon today so I might be happier later on.

IM back inthe grim North of England after being to an interview that I put so much time and energy into only to findout that it was not a job interview just that in two years they might have a job. OH yeah it cost me €150 for the privilige. I am also missing Munich schwabing and the weather.

Sorry to hear that. I think it's a matter of luck when it comes down to Graphics and Design. What's considered crap this year is great next year.

Haggis Junior didn't pass the practicle test for the Graphics and Design School and we don't know why yet.

she will get in. Sometimes the best flower blossoms last.

Im missing my daughter and wife so much Ive got terrible stomach pains, I am faairly lonely in Keighley, I am applying fro about 10 - 12 jobs in Munchen everyday and no one is replying. I have to get back to munich but I cannot see a way at the moment. OH yeah and its bluddi grim up norf

Haggis Junior didn't pass the practicle test for the Graphics and Design School and we don't know why yet.

Was she judged on a portfolio of design work or drawings, was part of it perhaps oral, were there many applicants? Very few people actually make it onto a course first time round, unless they're exceptionally talented. The test is just to make sure that your portfolio tallies with what you've drawn, that you're not using someone elses work. In some scenarios, you'll be called up in front of a studio of hundreds of applicants doing the drawing test and interviewed by a panel - it's harder than any job interview I've done in my life. Nervewracking is an understatement. If anything it was an excellent experience for her, she shouldn't be daunted, not in the slightest. Fact is, there are entire schools dedicated to preparing portfolios, such is the competition. Munich has plenty of them, some a bit more expensive than others. Here's one in Dachauerstrasse that's supposed to be good. She'll be grand.

I am an unhappy because I am not feeling well, have stupidly agreed to do someone a 'favour' and help on a project which has now turned out to be double the work and absolutely everything is being passed on to me...I will be here until about midnight tonight and will have to be back here at 6 tomorrow. I am still waiting for the company in frankfurt to agree my salary so that I can start planning my move but just haven't heard back yet, I am sad, I am lonely and so fed up and I wish I had enough dosh to just quit this place today.

Aw, here's a hug Rilana *hug*

I'm unhappy at the moment because this girl at the office brought her baby to work...it's just crying and crying... :wacko:

I'm unhappy and feeling rather p*ssed off with life because I'm in a clinch over Euro 150 with a certain ferry company who a. kick me out of their system, and b. say they can't give me my money back.

i'm happy overall and excited because the stupid harassment training will take a nice hour out of the day thus expediting work, but I'm unhappy since I miss someone heaps :(

I am stuck at home waiting for an email from Australia so that I can finish writing a research grant and therefore don't get to go to the Arc tonight and didn't get to go last night either.

BlueDave will be there to take care of your share of the beverage consumption for you.

I am unhappy cuz I broke my foot (5th metatarsul bone into 3 pieces) 6 weeks ago and it's still not healing.

May need to have major surgery (11 screws and a plate) if it doesn't start doing healing soon.

Because I tried to something good for myself today by riding my bike to work (15km) and saving gas in my car and getting some exercise. Instead, my ride became a one-speed with no brakes in the back and, of course, did I have tools? No!