Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Keeping a husky dog happy in a small apartment

86 posts in this topic

My parents owned their Husky for 15 years and she was happy and healthy eating the regular run-of-the-mill dog food from the local grocery store for those 15 years so you can't always say it's the diet that makes them last so long. I think she was around so long because she was well loved and got tons of exercise.

Yes - dont overload the attention and build up the time of leaving him gradually.

Best of luck to you, you seem to really be trying

If you were in Munich, I'd be happy to have your dog hang out at my apartment or on walks with me and my 50 lb. Chow/Shepherd mix. That said, I agree with the others that finding someone in your area who'd be willing to play with/walk him while you're away during the day is your best bet, and preferably someone who has a dog he can socialize with for an hour or so a day. Sorry you're having such a bad time with the neighbors.

Jeezz... wish i was near you. Just moved to Nurmberg and have all day to look after someone elses dog as i can have my own (fly too often) Good luck. Hope you find someone as it is too long to leave the dog all day. Poor thing. But at least he isn't tied out in a field starving to death eh? Good luck.

After reading this thread, I couldn't resist but check OPs profile...and her blog link! Great to see you and your dog got through the hard time! He's sooo adorable and looks very happy! :)