Running partners sought and found

173 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have to travel to Munich for work from Feb 12th to Feb 17.

I am in the middle of a Training plan and would like to keep my training routine up.

A work colleague also runs so we would like to get some 10-15km runs in while we are there.

I have found some GPS routes on mapmyrun and others but not knowing anything about the night lighting in the parks I'm drawing a blank.

So, good people of Toytown, would any of you like to guide us on/to suitable runs?

The pace is flexible as I'll be talking (a lot) somewhere between 5:00- and 5:30 min/km would be nice, 3 or 4 evenings would be great.

Thanks,

Bertie (Ireland)

Where is the route located?

- Westpark has lighting (one round = 5 km, some nice hills)

- along the river ISAR it's partially with lighting- but it's not pitch dark, especially now when there is snow. Not sure about Englisher Garten, maybe someone else can comment.

Right now, some of the tracks are really icy, so you might have to adjust your speed ...

My Hotel in in City West, so a few KM from WestPark.

I have found these routes:

http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=B79C4B01-0AEB-26AC-F532B96312D926EB

http://www.mapmyrun.com/s/routes/view/run-jog-map/80687-munich/3203096

http://www.mapmyrun.com/s/routes/view/run-jog-map/munich/23528698

I'm not sure what these routes are like in the evening etc, or what conditions are like.

So some local knowledge would be great.

Thaks again,

Bertie

Hello all the Munich runners,

Is anyone still interested in running on the week-end by any chance? I have seen a few posts.

I am new in Munich and running the Paris Marathon on the 15th of April . I would love some company for my long runs on the week-end, starting to know my playlist by heart now! . Left my running buddies in the South of France and quite keen to find some new ones here in Munich :)

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie & others,

I would love to join you but I might need some training beforehand (I have a 6 month old baby so a bit out of shape at the moment;-)! My goal is to run half marathon next year and then see if I am up for a full one;-). I used to train with a marathon runner in London and it was good fun even if I always ran half of her distance!

Anyone knows about some smaller distance race in Munich? 5-10K?

Isabelle

Hi Isapeche,

there are plenty of races in the Munich area - it's the time of the year...

You can find a list on Laufkalender - chose PLZ8 for the Munich area.

Or look up Runnersmap -it's an application based on Google-Maps, you can chose date and distances.

As for March.

- This sunday, there is a 5k/10k at Westpark,

- Next sunday (18th) there is a race in Freising (5k/10k/HM)

- 24/25 March there are races in Forstenried (10k/HM), Gröbenzell (HM, 14k, 7k), and Unterhaching (5k/10k)

- 31 March/1 April there is one in Unterschleissheim (10k)

Hi Isapeche,

Great to hear from you!:)

I won't drag you in a 2h run on Sunday, but if you fancy joining me for just even 30/45mns, let me know if it suits you, would be nice to finally run with someone. I am pretty flexible so if you prefer Saturday, that's ok too.

Stephanie

hi guys.

I have to start running again. and running alone is boring.

So i´m in.

maybe not this weekend, but for the next one for sure.

Cheers,

Diego

Running alone is boring!! are you crazy! I love it. Running is a lonely sport, its my meditation time:)

Anyone in SCHWABING interested in jogging through Englisher Garten?

I haven't been very active lately, so it could be a joint effort in getting a bit fitter again.

Would be nice to FORM A GROUP for two times a week?

Hi Anna, I know my post is a little late but I live in Schwabing and would love to run with a group, have you formed one?

Hey all its 2012 and I want to run the Munich Marathon. I would like to start running again after 2 years off. I need to start SLOW!!! walking and running for maybe 1 month then transition into running. I live in Neuaubing (west of Munich) near Pasing. You can email me through Toytown. I look forward to hearing from you!!

i´m running this 10 km on the 24th.

http://www.forstenriedersc.de/volkslauf.php?kat=vl&ID=0

just to start the season.

Anyone in?

cheers

hey guys.

I am a complete amateur in jogging (more like a bike rider), but I am persistent and can survive a lot.

I live in Bogenhausen and I am trying to go jogging every weekend. If anybody wants to join, give me a shout :)

cheers,

Rob

Hi there,

Who's up for a run anytime soon? Spring is out, and I'd like to get in shape again! I ran a marathon last september - but most of it is gone. I'm looking for buddies to get me back into the routine, like easy 45-60min runs to start with...

Preferably on weekends.

Let me know what you think!

so, i´ll be running tomorrow the 10 km.

and next saturday (31st), as well a 10 km here

http://www.svlohhof.de/leichtathletik/

if anyone wanna join, just let me know.

cheers

Hello!

I am moving to Munich next week and wondering if anyone is in Hohenbrunn area? I've let exercise side over the last few years, now I am serious about getting back in shape. My goal is to run 10k at the Munich Marathon. If anyone is looking for a jogging/running partner, feel free to message me!

Cheers, Leah

Hello, I'm Annie, 25, living in Schwabing and as a result of my addiction to chocolate, I need to get back into running. I was looking for a partner/group to get started. Very low key, but I am considering running the half marathon here in October and would like to gear up for that.

I ran a half last June, so it can be done, but I'm starting from scratch. So if anyone is interested, please let me know! I'm thinking once during the week and once on weekends, whatever works.

Happy Spring,

A

Looking for buddies who are up for early morning / evening running? I'd like to get in shape again! need to get rid of a bit of beer belly that I gave gained in last 5 months here in Munich.. I would prefer running normally for around 30-45 min in Olympia park...

Let me know if anyone interested...!!