Running partners sought and found

173 posts in this topic

:lol:

Got a nice little cert here on the city run dated 27/06.

http://mein.sportscheck.com/sports/wintersport/events/25-muenchner_stadtlauf/info/results

it was a lot of fun, feels good and relaxed...I wont regret not taking the half marathon though coz it started at 8am, no way!!

This may sound quite stupid, but indeed, I can not breathe right when I run. I don't get enough air in. Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure who to go to to learn to breathe properly while running. I know it should be simple, but I just cant get enough air and I end up with massive pain in my 1st rib afterward and my phsyio said this was the reason. At the moment, I feel like I am having a heart attack and I am trying desperately not to have to take pain killers and muscle relaxers to sleep but I don't want to give up the running :(

Anyone have any tips or good web links to this issue?

If the problem persists you should probably see a physician. If he says that you really are alright and the problem is breathing then this problem may simply be that you're not fit enough and you're trying harder than you should. Run slowly, shorter distances, don't run every day but run regularly. Many people have to begin by just walking longer distances perhaps in a slightly faster pace. You don't have to think about breathing, run so slowly that you can breathe naturally and only gradually try to run faster (it may take a few weeks before you can run faster), you'll learn it before you know it. A similar kind of pain could also be caused by running too soon after eating.

I don't know any specific resources about this problem but I'm quite sure it is addressed in some runner's FAQ because it is a rather common problem. But, in my experience, this kind of pain (caused by low fitness) goes away quickly after the training. If it really persists or if you feel pain in your chest you should see a physician.

disclaimer: all this is just from my own experience as an amateur runner and from what I read, I don't have any kind of formal education in these areas.

Thanks, I will have a look at some runner sites and see if I can find something. While I am far from fit at the moment, I am beginning again (walk/run interval training). But I used to be a runner and quite fit one off and on since uni. Several years ago I was doing 5k 3x week and even then had the same issues. Did a lot of running in uni (major long runs) and even then - same thing. I have been to doctor and go to physio regularly, I just have really really tight short muscles in my neck/shoulders and now because of the breathing, it is causing my 1st rib to be quite painful. I do remember that doing yoga (which I did regularly) did help back then, but just cant afford those classes here in Germany. I have always had problems with getting enough air since I was a very young child - so think it is a matter of having to "learn" how to properly deep breathe. Was hoping someone might have some off the wall idea to try :)

oh, that's a quite specific problem.. :) what about visiting a doctor who specializes in sports medicine? I know that Dr. med. Kamil Vyhnalek (Landsberger Str. 447) is doing sports medicine too. Maybe you can find someone else via http://www.aerzte-muenchen.de/

Good luck and happy running :)

Had never thought of going to sports doc, only ever went to GP, Ortho and Physio. Do you know if I need an überweisung for a sports doc from my GP (am with TKK public ins).

Thanks so much for the tip :)

HI!

I'd really like to get into jogging! Not any competitive stuff, I'd just like to get in shape and maybe lose a few pounds in the process (who wouldn't?). Anyway, I live in Schwabing-Freimann right by the entrance to the Aumeister Biergarten... if anyone's interested (other slow joggers or regulars who want to train me ;) , feel free to PM me!

Madison

Hello,

anyone who wants to join me running in central Munich (along the Isar or Englishgarden) a couple of evenings per week?

THanks, Nadia

would anyone near Schwabing (I live between Josephsplatz and Höhenzollernplatz) be interested in Jogging with me for about 30 - 45 minutes 2 or 3 nights a week (weather permitting)?

hello! im jennifer and 24 and im looking for a female running buddy, i moved here with my husband 3 months ago from america and need new friends, i have a 15 month old that i take running with me in a jogging stroller during the day but on the weekends and in the evenings after 6 my husband can watch her when i go, i have ran a half marathon and am wanting to run the munich marathon, to be honest im still a slow runner (jogger mainly) but am willing to be challenged by a better runner or just have a slower jogging buddy. thanks! oh and i live in the center of munich right by harras

Hello all,

I’m Male, 25, I'm living here short term since February, looking for any running partners in the Milbertshofen area. I try and make a short run after work each day, however really looking for Saturday Morning runners/joggers. Around an hour is normal for me on Saturday but I would like happy push or reduce this with company.

Thanks

Hello,

I am 26 and WOULD run if I would have a partner.

I live in Vaterstetten and would prefer to find someone around the area (Vaterstetten, Haar, Baldham, Grassbrunn...). We can find a common jogging area then.

Aurel

Hello, I'm 26 and just moved to Munich from San Francisco. I live Untergiesing very close to the Isar river. I plan to do some morning jogs during the week, and some longer runs in the weekend. Let me know if anyone is interested in becoming runner buddies for these long runs! I hope to start training for some half-marathon in the summer/fall season. PM me if you live in the neighborhood and interested in meeting up for runs!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'll soon be moving in Wächterhof. Anyone who runs in the area? Maybe Hohenbrunn or Höhenkirchen, even Ottobrunn :D.

I used to run before pregnancy, but it's been a while. Slow running, in the evenings, after 7 pm. I wanna get back in shape :).

Please pm.

Lucia

Hi everyone,

I moved to Munich from the States 2 months ago and am looking for a female running partner or running group. I have run a half marathon and have done some triathlons in the States. I am looking for someone to meet up regularly or even just for the long runs. I am planning on doing the Munich Stadtlauf this summer along with some other half marathons thru the fall. I usually run along the Isar near the Deutsches Museum and towards the Englisch Garten but am willing to move around.I am 30 and run regulary each week (around4X/ week) but definitely don't sprint through it all! :rolleyes: If you are interested in running at all or training for the half please pm.

Kristin

Hello everyone,

I hope you could help me on my following questions/concerns;

1. Are there any water faucets or outlets at Englisher Garden? I have not explored the inner part of the Garden as I've just run the path along the Isar River. I've run along Isar River for hours and I can't find a single water outlet at all.

2. Where do you normally do your LSD where you have you ample options to get water along the way? I might do an LSD this weekend, most likely on sunday and I don't have a water belt (I don't like carrying anything when I run actually) so I wish to know where are the possible water stops.

3. Who are joining the Salzburg Marathon on May 15 and the Luxembourg Marathon on June 11? I have not registered on these events yet but I'm definitely running them.

Cheers!

Jon

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I got some free tickets to give away for the Stadtlauf 2011. Still got some.

And for people that do not speak fluent german, i wrote a guide how to fill out the forms. That part is a real torture.

Write me a PM if you want a free ticket.

Here is more info on the run

http://mein.sportscheck.com/sport/laufsport/events/25-stadtlauf_muenchen

26.Jun.2011

2 km kids

5 km running, walking, nordic walking

10 and 21,2 km running

This is a good event for people that never did a run, 5 km is not a big deal. Also a good event for viewers.

One note: 5/10/21,2 km is only free if you got your own Mikatiming Championchip.

If you do not got one, you got to buy a 1-time-chip for 3 Euro. Or buy your own chip for 31 Euro.

The online payment of that chip is via electronic debit process or a Creditcard.