Running partners sought and found

173 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I will live in Munich from April until July this year and need some running partners. Hope I can join you when I arrive? I also planned to maybe run the half marathon in Munich 3rd of May this year? Anyone else that are planning to do that?

@owain

ahh.. that sounds more like it. I must of misunderstood... i had this strange vision of people running around the pool ... inside... to escape the cold or something...

I will try to join then!

Hi

Another newbie to Munich. Need people to run with and have some nice routes to get me motivated. Let me know if you fancy it. I am based on Westsendstrasse, midway between Laim and the Oktoberfest park. Standard is club level, 6-7 minute mileing

Hi,

I live in Nymphenburg and plan to start running again soon, so I'd be glad to join someone who goes running to the Hirschgarten or Nymphenburger Park, I hope to start this weekend. Let me know if you want to join - runningstu, neriana when you're here, or anyone else :)

Hi there.

I am a female (34yrs), new to Munich, and looking for a jogging partner to help get me motivated once again after a long lay off. I am slow, but disciplined and you can count on me to be there to meet you when we arrange a time. Looking for women beginners/coming from a lay off, so we can begin around the same level so we can both have an effective workout.

I live in Fasanerie Nord. Ideally would prefer early mornings or evenings as I usually have my kids at home with me in the day.

I am a reasonably fit, bald, beer drinking, bastard with a big nose.

My 10K race pace is 40-42 minutes (depending upon how hard I train), my training pace is significantly slower than that (5:00 / km or so). I usually will only run in parks or open areas. a typical easy run is about 5K, a good run is about 10K, anything over 15K is out of the question (it cuts into beer drinking time, and I'm out of commission for a week afterwards) . If you're looking for a partner especially for Englisher Garten and north or south along the river, feel free to contact me.

p.s. I run for the pleasure of it, mostly, the races are done to see how fit I am, not to be particualrly competitive. This means that I don't run in the rain (except a warm summer drizzle), or when it's cold (below about 5C), I had to do it during my military days so, I hate it now. Also I'm out of town till April.

Is there anybody out near Starnberg who has patience enough to go out jogging with me - only for about a kilometer or two to start with?

I´ve been off sick since January and for health reasons have been recommended NOT to go out running by myself...

PM me if you like a challenge!

Hello,

I'm looking for a running group or partner in Munich to train for the Berlin and Munich Marathons. I run between 8-10 min. mile pace, slow and steady at 10 min. miles for the long runs. I'm up to about 16 miles right now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a running group or have any interest in joining me for a weekly long run?

I've just arrived in Munich and I'm new to this forum, so any suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you!

Welcome to Munich! Have a browse round here and you may find that someone has a meet-up that you will fit into, otherwise you could always post your own, just give day, time, how far and fast you want to run and someone may join you.

There are several running clubs in Munich, the Munich Roadrunners Club seems to be quite popular.

Hi,

is there anyone in Neuhausen who would like to go running once or twice a week in this area?It could be mornings or evenings.

Thank you!

Hi Ingridina,

I run regularly for around 12KM every Sunday in the Hirschgarten-Schloss Nymphenburg area. this Sunday the weather will be lousy but if we could team up and motivate each other a bit? I run slow and steady BTW, about 6-7 min per KM.

Hey Ingridina and Mandyluo,

After a break of a couple of years, I'm busy getting back into running and am up to 8km twice a week, slow and steady pace...we could get together and see how it goes? Sundays are good for me. :)

Hi all,

I also run more or less regularly in Nymphenburger Park. My pace is also rather slow (~10km/h) and now I usually run around 6km but I'm striving to make it more - 10, 12 km sounds about right. Sunday is good for me too.

Cheers,

Jakub

i have signed up for the 10km city run this Sunday here:

http://mein.sportscheck.com/sports/laufsport/events/25-muenchner_stadtlauf/info/infos_and_dates

anyone else going as well? I am aiming for finishing around 1 hr.

Cheers,

Mandy

I already have a plan for Saturday evening so I'm not going. But I really would like to train for a half-marathon sometime soon.

Cheers,

Jakub

Hi Ingridina,

I am running on Friday the 9th, will be in front of the schloss main gate at 7pm?

Cheers,

Mandy