Running partners sought and found

173 posts in this topic

Hello Toytowners! I have been living in Munich for 6 months now and have been a little more sedentary than I am used to. I had been running 3-6 miles 4 days a week prior to coming here. Anyone interested in getting into a routine with me? I would prefer a female running partner. I am 34, in good shape, but will need a little time to get my lungs back. I am mostly available during the day and on weekends. PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Anyone training for a spring marathon? I'm looking for someone to share Sat/Sun long runs. I'm female, medium speed and could use the company to pass the time.

Just trying to get into running more, and running w/ ppl is the best way to force oneself to go (as today I bailed and decided to do strength exercises instead, because of the cold).

Tsquare, what part of Haidhausen? I am in near-Bogenhausen, could easily meet at Prinzregentenplatz or by Kirchenstr & Orleansstr. Trying to do a couple miles a few times a week after work. Pace not so important as long as it's not killer-fast at the same time as super-long.

i am looking for a running partner in Neuhausen.

i am running slow and usually run for up to 60mins. ideally, i want to run either before (starting at 6.30-7am) or after (6.30-7pm) work. my plan is to run more than 3 times per week. My aim to get my fitness back as well as get into shape for summer holidays and some summer runs.

please pm me!

I am looking for a running partner in Geising

I had participated in the 1st of April Marathon and completed in around 1 hour(10kms). My plan is to run 3 times per week to get back stamina and also participate in future runs. Anyone interested PM me!

Hi! I am going to be moving to Munich in the middle of July and would like to continue with my running. I have done countless 10kms, 15kms and 21kms. I am not really that quick and my timing for the 10km is around 60-70 minutes. I will be living close to the Englischer Garten and would love to run with anyone who lives close by and interested in not running alone. Let me know if your keen.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I've been a couch potato for the past year or so (not counting the 2 effective couch potating years in london) that i've been living here and i haven't really found anyone with whom i could share a jogg or so. I live in pasing and to be honest i don't know if there is anyone that is an expat that actually lives so far from the city center (ok, ok, there might be loads, i just don't know nobody) up for this challenge. There is a couple nice parks there and easy roads to get there so let me know if your interested.

Thanks,

Rui

If anyone else around the Nordbad area would like to hook up to jog, would love to have a running partner.

I am limited right now to only 30 min for another month or so until my ankle is 100%. Right now I am running on Tuesdays and Thursdays from anytime between 7.30 and 9pm and on Sundays (unsually in the evening again). I leave from around the Nordbad pool area and head to Olympiasee and around a a bit more - until I hit 30 min or so. Right now I am doing between 4-4.3 km in that time. I dont mind increasing speed/distance, but not time right now. I also dont mind altering the path, as long as it is in my area (or at least for the Tue/Thur runs).

If anyone by chance is at the same days/pace/location and would like to join me - please let me know.

Babs

i am looking for a running partner in Neuhausen.

i am running slow and usually run for up to 60mins. ideally, i want to run either before (starting at 6.30-7am) or after (6.30-7pm) work. my plan is to run more than 3 times per week. My aim to get my fitness back as well as get into shape for summer holidays and some summer runs.

please pm me!

I live in Neuhasen and am also looking for a running partner. I am new to TT (and Munich) so I'm not sure how to pm yet...Your post was back in March but if you are still interested in a running partner, please let me know.

@Muladi - Pasing is not that far from Neuhausen, if you are still looking for a running partner. I know of a few parks in between us...

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for a running partner(s). I am just getting back into running after taking a long 4 month break... I'm totally out of shape. Being an old 31-year old gal doesn't help. :) Right now I am running for 30 mins and would like to get it to 45-60 minutes soon, but I run at a slow pace. I'm trying to get back in to shape and with any luck, be able to run to run the marathon in October - it will be my first. I'm located in Haidhausen - looking for someone that might want to do a run during the week and/or a run on the weekend. Cheers!

Hi,

Anyone interested in morning runs of 45 minutes starting at 6.15am in the Obersendling/Thalkirchen area? I am not very fast -can do about 9 km/hr. I usually run along the Isar and would like some company... plus less likely to lie on in bed when I know I have a running partner waiting. Would prefer to run with another girl.

Please PM if you are interested.

I just returned to Munich and will be in the area until late March 2009. I am looking for running partners to keep maintain running momentum through the winter.

Duration/Pace: I usually run 50-90 minutes most evenings, beginning at around 6 pm. My pace is usually around a 7-8 min/mile pace (4:40-5:00 min/km) for easy runs and I'm always game for faster tempo/interval workouts at 5:30-6:00 min/mile pace (3:10-3:20 min/km).

Location: I live in the Sendling area. I commonly run along the Isar because the trails are lit. The tunnel under the E54 (locally, Brudermuehlstr.) along the west bank of Isar is a convenient meeting place, as is the entrance to the zoo.

Please post or send me a message a private message if you're interested in coordinating a run.

Come to the Olympia Schwimmhalle Laufgruppe every Wednesday at 6:30 pm. This is german for Olympic Bath Runnersgroup.

You buy a ticket for 3,60 Euro, get in. The meeting point is left of the stairs that get down to the lockers.

The Olympia Schwimmhalle is at the U-Bahn Station U3 Olympiazentrum.

You need a 1 Euro coin for the locker to deposit your stuff, you get it back after use.

The running is around the olympiabath with 10 minutes of warming up, then running for 40 minutes

with 10 minutes of stretching afterwards. At any weather. Pace is medium, I guess 5:30 min/km.

I go there from time to time, maybe we can meet there.

RunR447

I work in Obersending and run home from the office three times a week along the Isar. Leaving at around 18:00 ... so we could hook up at Talkirchen and then share 5- 10km along the Isar if you like ... Let me know ..

Anyone in the Arabellapark-Priel area out there that would like a running partner? Steady pace -- nothing crazy --just for cardio.

Drop me a PM.

A

Hi,

I am also looking for jogging/ brisk walking partners. If you 're interested and live in Taufkirchen or in the neigborhood, please let me know.

I am available in the mornings or late afternoons on weekdays.

I have rather rashly signed up for a 10k cliff path run in February (in Devon, England) and need to start some training. I am not completely unfit, gym once or twice a week, but have never really got into running, and in addition I just turned 40, so no spring chicken! - however as the whole of the rest of my family seems to be doing it, I don't want to make a complete fool of myself...

so - it would be great to find running partners in the Schwabing area (I live at Bonner Platz) to keep up the motivation, we're talking light jogs to begin with to get into the swing of things, and then push it a bit harder. Luitpold Park would probably be ideal as there are hills. Anyone up for some light to medium jogging in the area??? Feel free to pm me.

Yes, it is time. Time to do something about that extra 7kg i've collected since moving to Germany.

I'm a whole lot more unfit than I used to be, and my aim is to get back to where I was.

I live around the Westpark/Sendling area, and work around Münchener Freiheit, so I can run at either place (just have to know before hand, i only have one pair of joggers).

I find it much easier to run when running with a partner, or group of people.

Anyone keen for a run 2-3 times a week???

Anyone from previous posts still looking for partners?

Nows a good time to start eh? Can't build up much a sweat when it's -5 degrees outside ;)

Come to the wednesday running at the Olympic Swimbath. It is every wednesday at 18:30 - except bank holidays.

You do not have to pay a fee for it, just get into the Olympic Swimbath, dress for running and be at the Meetingpoint - it says

Treffpunkt Frezeit-Treff - the bench at the entrance to the locker rooms at 18:25.

The scedule is 10 minutes of warming up, 35 minutes of running around the Olympic Tower, 10 minutes of stretching.

It is not a pro-group so anybody fits in. I am there from time to time.

@siskebap: But you still have to buy a ticket to get in..

Not that I mind spending 3,60 for entrance to a pool ... but if i do, i'll be swimming not running.

There's a whole world out there ,thousands of empty streets, paths in the englischergarten through which to run.

I think i'd prefer to run outside, in the open air.

Thanks all the same!

(p.s. sorry for my late reply. ... my email notification didn't happen. Does anyone else also get that problem from time to time?)