UK flight disruptions due to fog

158 posts in this topic

luggage still not turned up

drove out to Edinburgh airport this morning and they say they have no trace but I gave them further details and they said they would see what they could do. Filled in an insurance form.

Anyone else without their luggage or is it just me?

BTC it's not just you mate. I went out & bought a load of clothes yesterday. Just VERY glad I'm so disorganised that I didn't start my Christmas shopping till I got to the airport Friday :)

My bag is here on the Isle of Wight somewhere, that I do know. Bloody annoying as I could've picked it up except baggage express would not tell me the name of their local agent here. Talking to me Dad about it & knows the company because they were at my parents' last week with my sisters' bag after it got lost too! It's probably round the corner in some van or something daft.

I try my best to fly out before the holiday squeeze. My luggage got lost for two times. First time I was flying to New York to spend the holidays and on the way back to Frankfurt for some reason the whole luggage was flown over to Switzerland from Frankfurt. I had to wait for a week and then they called me and told me that they had my luggage. Second time around I was flying out to Istanbul and I could not find my luggage at the airport and I went up to the desk to make a claim. They had me waiting for like one hour and they gave me a suitcase that looked like mine. I went home and opened to suitcase to find that the suitcase was packed with men's clothes. They gave me someone else's instead! The poor old guy also realized that he got my suitcase and showed up around the same time I showed up at the airport and we exchanged suitcases.

Of course it's not nice to shout at the junior staff unless they are on the phone with their girlfriend for hours on end, blabbering away about their boyfriend or their new hairdo and you are standing right there for hours, venting, waiting to be served :angry: . I always ask for the boss of that staff to come out and I prefer to shout and vent at that guy then some junior staff member. :P

but the boss is probably only a middle manager and not ultimately responsible either. Can't really see the point of getting angry and all the BA staff have been superb.

When I went in today they told me they could find no record of my baggage at Heathrow and could therefore not track it. The attendant thought this might be because my description had been put into the system wrongly so we enetered it again and she said they would start trying to trace it now. Not really holding out much hope now.

When I filled out the insurance form, the total came to £1800. However, I have been told the maximum I can get back is £360 and there is no guarantee they will honour that. I haven't claimed at all yet for the trains and taxis I had to pay for (a further £200) and having to rebuy all my Xmas presents, some clothes and toiletries. I am now therefore severely out of pocket :(

Hi, lost internet connection for over a day. I neither yelled nor had a go at the staff, I was most patient, and thanked the airport staff man when he did his best to help us. Nothing he can do to change the situation really.

but the boss is probably only a middle manager and not ultimately responsible either. Can't really see the point of getting angry and all the BA staff have been superb.

On both accounts, I flew with Delta and not with BA. Sure, peace, love and harmony, but honestly you have no anger or resentment about your luggage and your presents being lost?

yes, I am royally fucked off and it has pretty much ruined my experience of this year's Christmas. But I rather doubt I will ever have the chance to voice that anger to any of the people responsible for my preicament.

At heathrow airport now amusing myself by spending the stupid left over coins I have on internet. ahh gotta love cousins that drop you off 5 hrs before your flight is due to leave! Here I come munich!

@BTC

you might be able to claim on your credit cards insurance depending on how you paid for the ticket and which card you used

Not sure about that..

After all the she got there in one piece, although delayed...

Contract fulfilled, me thinks.

Oh,,, And my whinge!

Flight boarding was delayed, asked the Trolly dolly if there was time for another beer, and she said yes.. Then as soon as the beer was ordered, she opened the gate!!

I really tried hard to neck it in one, but had to take 2 swigs at it! :angry:

There must be sommat wrong with me... :rolleyes:

Your getting old, and can't handle your beer as you did when you were younger.. :D

How many people of the people that lost their luggage have gotten any back. Got my backpack today, however still waiting on the other bag. Better than nothing though.

How many people of the people that lost their luggage have gotten any back. Got my backpack today, however still waiting on the other bag. Better than nothing though.

How many people who lost their luggage flew BA cos it was cheaper than lufthansa?

I've never found a BA flight cheaper than LH! Maybe it depends on the airport in the UK you fly to.

@BTC: they still say that my luggage is being traced even the bag that arrived yesterday. Don't let that worry you they might still turn up. Apparently my first bag got found on the 23rd although nobody figured it out in the system of which we normal people have access too.

I was repatriated with my bag today. I found out today that, as suspected, it's been in a warehouse 2 miles away since Saturday evening!