UK flight disruptions due to fog

158 posts in this topic

Brum's taking off this morning so Katrina and Koala should hopefully land there at some point today :)

Our family were supposed to be flying from Glasgow to Bristol and then Munich. They have been re routed to...Birmingham and then Düsseldorf. At least they are going to make it.

Seems the Southampton flight this morning has been cancelled, I hope the evening one still goes for me =(

Although its only on the Duesseldorf website that says it is cancelled, not anywhere else. Why can't websites all keep up to date, grrr!

Southampton website is a bit rubbish, it is still saying the Duesseldorf flight is delayed, even though when I rang D'dorf airport they said it had been cancelled.

Other options for getting home all include a 200€ or more price tag :/

STN seem to be running delays of around an hour, but not much more than that - so anybody using 'London' Stansted should be OK...

but unfortunately for those affected by the delays, the airlines will most probably be able to argue that fog is in fact beyond their control - and then they do not have to pay any compensation

I suspect a "little bit" that fog is beyond the airlines control, only a little bit though! :huh:

Our Jeckel boy will be joining in the "fog victims" as he is boarding his plane to the island right now.

Actually, I'm still at work and about to leave. Let's hope I'm not still posting on here all evening from the airport!

Thanks everyone for the telephone numbers, links etc yesterday too. :)

Sky are saying that the fog will still be at heathrow for most of tomorrow...just to depress people a bit more

wasn't BA 955 last night? I'm sure I was on that flight

Same carrier, destination and time of departure = same flight number, whatever the day.

wasn't BA 955 last night? I'm sure I was on that flight :S stupid delayed plane!

Ha ha ha!! Priceless, absolutely priceless...

hahaha um i still dont get it? They use the same numbers? caus last night my flight was BA 955 im sure..and it was delayed about 3 hrs...Hmmm probaly just making my self look even more stupid now!