Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First-class carriages on the Frankfurt S-Bahn

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Whats the deal with the 1st class sections in the s-bahns? I've never seen any option on the ticket machines for 1st class tickets and everybody seems to avoid them. Anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

I doubt anyone buys a first class ticket purely for an S-Bahn journey, but they do for longer journeys that may include a stretch on the S-Bahn either to or from the main station. That said, the S-Bahns in Munich don't have them.

But the S-Bahns in Stuttgart do.

I understand (though I don't always understand everything correctly) that you can purchace first class season tickets.

Hi folks,

Whats the deal with the 1st class sections in the s-bahns? I've never seen any option on the ticket machines for 1st class tickets and everybody seems to avoid them. Anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

When you buy a monthly/yearly ticket in Frankfurt or when you purchase a Deutsche Bahn card, you are given the option to go for First Class or Second Class tickets/cards. These first class sections are usually occupied by people who have such cards/tickets and intend to fly out of Frankfurt or who intend to get on the international trains from Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof.

cheers,

1st class S-Bahn in FFM is good, always get a seat. Cleaner seats and compartment. Not sure how much more it is than scum class, as I never used to get the monthly normal ticket.

Not sure what lifeisabuffet is on about, mostly commuters in 1st class section.