What are you watching right now?

762 posts in this topic

On 27.11.2022, 18:20:15, Janx Spirit said:

"Wednesday" a spin-off of the Adamms Family, with Tim Burton directing/producing is fun

We just finished it. Cannot wait for series/season 2. It was fantastic!:wub:

Now we are watching this.

I thought the new Netflix version of Lady Chatterley’s Lover very good. I don’t really remember the 90’s adaptation other than Mellor’s saying ‘Ay, ‘ad to ‘appen’!  Nice to see Joely Richardson had a part in the new version. Emma Corrin is an amazing actress. 

I’m watching England-Senegal  on Swiss state television since it’s not on free-TV in Germany. Otherwise I would miss the song Sweet Caroline 👻

7 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I’m watching England-Senegal  on Swiss state television since it’s not on free-TV in Germany. Otherwise I would miss the song Sweet Caroline 👻

I couldn't find a channel but followed on live text ( though with poor eyesight). Wondering if an England v Netherlands final is on the cards?

Sleep tight, bruv👍

Some matches are streamed on MagentaTV, so that’s why you can’t see it. Booh. 

England-Netherlands is possible for final. We take care of Argentina and Brasil and you eliminate France and Spain. Simple. 

Louis van Gaal, Dutch coaching legend, said in his best English:” We can come an end.” This basically  means that Holland could reach the semi-final/final in the tournament.

We watched a couple of matches on an Austrian channel with VPN. I missed England today but did watch Poland/France. 

I was watching the Hero Championship in the Bahamas. Golf. It was a real nail biter and my favorite player won - Victor Hovland from Norway. 

Not a huge fan of Xmas movies but I think I may watch this, looks fun:

"Violent Night"

To hell with “all is calm.” From 87North, the bare-knuckle producers of Nobody, John Wick, Atomic Blonde, Deadpool 2, Bullet Train and Fast & Furious 

Some of Ronaldinho's best goals❤️

Now off to google John Barnes's sensational goal for England in Brazil! Most of you, even football fans, will be too young to renember it!

https://www.google.de/search?q=Barnes+goal+in+Rio&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-de&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:2962bd38,vid:9SCyXGiJ-jc

My Brazilian beother in law had just arrived at my place in London, was jetlagged and had to put up with this!😂

Just now, john g. said:

Bertrand Russell's Nobel Prize acceptance speech in 1950

Apologies for double posting... my shitty eye sight..

58 minutes ago, john g. said:

How foreigners make Japanese uncomfortable!

Or ...

How foreigners make Germans uncomfortable!

How foreigners make the British uncomfortable!

Personally, I've never travelled anywhere in the world without learning the basic "yes", "no", "please" and "thank you" in the local language, as well as learning cultural etiquette. In advance.

Cultural barriers (and even language barriers) do break down very quickly if the host country sees the foreigner has made an effort in advance.

On 27/11/2022, 18:20:15, Janx Spirit said:

Wednesday...

... has always had most excellent musical taste...

On 27/11/2022, 18:20:15, Janx Spirit said:

Tim Burton...

I'd heard the name (through watching his early films) but genuinely had no idea what he looked like in real life. Then I saw him in this and thought he looked, and sounded, a bit strange for a famous Hollywood director.

Then I remembered all the strange films he'd made, and it all made sense. Top man.

On 03/01/2023, 22:21:37, Chelski said:

... has always had most excellent musical taste...

Brilliant.  I've watched this about 10 times since I saw it here.

On 24/05/2020, 15:30:20, john_b said:

Surprised no-one here has mentioned Detectorists. Lovely mix of gentle observation & wry humour, sometimes engenders a wee bit of nostalgia for the old country. Modest in its aims, the scripts, acting and direction are spot on. I'm on Season 3, another one to go after that.

The Xmas special is also a gem

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20221216-detectorists-why-a-metal-detecting-show-became-a-global-hit