What are you watching right now?

647 posts in this topic

Good documentary about the Three Mile Island nuclear accident back in March 1979.

Gets a little overly dramatic toward the end (if that's at all possible, when discussing the worst US nuclear accident that was only 30mins away from a meltdown).

But that's my criticism about the acting and not the content

Hope the team will do a similar explanation about Windschale...

https://www.netflix.com/de/title/81198239?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp&vlang=de&clip=81588123

It's in English, my Netflix link shows German text though.

I can really recommend Chernobyl from HBO/SKY ( 2019 TV series ), guess its a documentary format you can get it on Netflix but do not know.

The sense of fear and authority/ stupidity is just classic, for the 1980's Its griping for the first couple of episodes 

Did watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgSlFkv71U on youtube about  Windschale about 2 years ago, was quite interesting, for somebody like me, who grew up not so far from that place. 

On 05/05/2022, 14:05:53, yesterday said:

I can really recommend Chernobyl from HBO/SKY ( 2019 TV series ), guess its a documentary format you can get it on Netflix but do not know.

On 05/05/2022, 14:05:53, yesterday said:

Chernobyl is not currently available on Netflix

7 hours ago, john_b said:

Chernobyl is not currently available on Netflix

But on Amazon and SKY.

Both charge for watching the series.

But it's well worth it, even if it makes you (as it did me) so angry that a govt. can't admit a mistake and kills it's people in the process.

Followed by Rio de Janeiro in the 1930s! 

My God, I feel old today!😂

This is delightful😂😂

Old ladies from East London reminiscing about their lives ( of poverty ) but their humour shines through.

Documentary from 1972.

Brilliant, love the bottles of Stout and pint glasses on the table, bet some of them use to drink their husbands under the table.

And none of them seem to have teeth, French bean!

My old mum told me once ( don't know if a joke ) that some friends had a whip around when she turned 21 so she could have her teeth taken out ( even the good ones!) to save future bills...

She " were " a Yorkshire lass.😂

What use to happen amongst the London dockers was that the husbands would have their wive's teeth removed for that same reason. It was like courtship, marriage, teeth pulled. The joys of poverty.

Same with my grandma.  She got her teeth pulled in her early 20's because she had to go to the dentist anyway and it's not like you can just afford to go all the time.  She did take her kids to the dentist though although some of their neighbours thought it was a waste of money.  My mom still has all her teeth at 88 but some of her schoolmates were getting their first set of dentures for their confirmation.

Yes, it was the fashion for a while, in avoidance of pain and aggravation later. You may as well only have the expense rather than the expense and the pain. That was when pulling them was the only option and fillings were not for commoners. 

We don t know we re born, as my grandma would say.

13 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

CL final: FC Liverpool - Real Madrid.

Looks like a lot of LFC fans are being treated badly by UEFA, they are fleeced with the ticket prices and now can't get into the Stadium. This is after Klopp criticised the poor ticket allocation last week. Nothing being said about Real fans not being allowed in so I assume they have not been held back.

I don’t know the details, but apparently there are 40,000 Liverpool fans in Paris without a ticket.