What are you watching right now?

577 posts in this topic

94m "yacht" moving through Dutch village 

Parts 1 (above) and 2 (below)

Someone's toy dwarfs the village and individual houses.

Perfect coordination of the professional tug masters getting the ship

"through the eye of the needle"

Hell's Kitchen undercover with Gordon Ramsey on tour in the US. The kitchens are often so filthy, appaling and even life-threatening that I wonder if there is something like a food inspection? Some haven't cleaned the kitchen for more than 1 year. Bon appetit.

Arte Mediathek :

Salamander. A crime story from Belgium.

12 episodes @45 mins

Who's chasing who?

Who's blackmailing who?

Can anyone be trusted?

Gripping stuff

Since a couple of weeks I'm watching" the great elk migration" on Swedish television. So called "slow TV". Every year since milennia, elks are swimming a river to get to their summer feeding grounds. Sometimes nothing happens for hours and hours, only the occasional bird swims past. Then there are suddenly an elk or eleven, slowly moving through the wood. I have not caught any actually swimming yet this year, but 26 have made it across. https://www.svtplay.se/den-stora-algvandringen?kfx=vPzhz-Dcz&utm_source=svt.se&utm_medium=puff&utm_campaign=null&utm_content=null&utm_term=null

15 minutes to change your life?

I've read a phrase like that before, but never seen anything that actually comes up to the mark.

Until now.

Saw this film January this year.

We've started our own local club already...

Was zapping and came across the last episode of Little House on the Prairie with Michael Landon. I watched that as a kid. It's a family series. I couldn't remember the end of it, but Landon blew up the entire town in 1984 when it ended.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_q9TWFoAo

Well, definitely one of the most spectacular ends of a series.

'Requiem' from 2018 on the ARD Mediathek (offers the series in original English or German). What's going on in this creepy Welsh town?!

A kid goes missing years ago, the locals all seem to be living shady lives or witholding info about that incident decades later, devilish symbols abounding, seemingly vengeful spirits leaving burn marks on people who encounter them, a couple of suicides, identity issues, freaky soundtrack with erie babyish voice singing atonally, strange sort of devilish sounds eminating from the dense lush woods, a bagman, a violent husband, a mute old lady in a wheelchair with info to convey, flasbacks and forward and episodes of seeming amnesia. Is this a story of child abuse? Deamon worship? Who can anyone trust in this town? And that room with bricked up window atthe end of the hall and that wallpaper...yikes! 

Six episodes total but only four streaming online so far:

https://www.ardmediathek.de/sendung/requiem/staffel-1/Y3JpZDovL3dkci5kZS9vbmUvcmVxdWllbQ/1/

Good evening, Cybil👍

I am not a Man City fan but I know about the man's life and his war and footie years in England and I admire him. It was on the telly in Germany one Monday about three weeks ago but I missed it.

A super man and human.

Richard the Third's  body found - the start?

A decade or so ago but I had never seen the documentary!

And part 2 - just finished watching!

Absolutely fascinating and good on you, Dominic! Maybe you are Richard's reincarnation!

👍