What are you watching right now?

580 posts in this topic

I don't know if any of you are aspirant DJs and into music prod. I was heavily into this 15 years ago and have just discovered Ableton Live and am crazy with it. 

I have discovered this brilliant guy and love his films. He comes across as a bum but is highly intelligent and talented in music as well as humour. He is a classic example of American banter which is so welcome.

'Hinter den Mauern' is a Belgian mini-series from 2015 that was on ARTE last week but I missed the beginning of episode 1 of 3. It's still available til the 24th on ARTE's website. All in German but many of us can understand enough to follow this bizare fantasy about a mysterious house and what lies behind its walls. 

Watching bits from last year'S Goodwood Festval of Speed.

I used to live about half an hour from there and never missed a year.

Oh how I miss it now, must see if I can get over for it next year.

Inspector Barnaby aka Midsomer Murders.   ZDF Neo has a Monday double bill and we're on series 9, of 27.

We're about to find out who dispatched Mildred and Vivien and (as usual) others like the vicar as well.    Next up is one of the better known episodes for which followers need only one word - gazpacho :ph34r:.

Enjoying The Exorcist series on Amazon Prime.  Ben Daniels is excellent as the lead exorcist. Nice to hear his Midlands dialect in a US production.

The Lethal Weapon series is also good.  Clayne Crawford makes a great crazy cop.  Good mix of comedy, sad and action.

Too bad Clayne Crawford was already kicked out of the show due to his had attitude.

4 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Penny Dreadful on Netflix. I love it!

Ow, has that always been there?
Watched season 1 [X time] ago, now I can catch up with the new 2 seasons

20 hours ago, Maarsch said:

Ow, has that always been there?
Watched season 1 [X time] ago, now I can catch up with the new 2 seasons

I am not sure to be honest. Just noticed it a few weeks back and started watching it.

not at this very moment, but the last few days I've been watching the PBS documentary series about the Vietnam War.

I had no illusions about that war, I always thought it was a big stinking pile of excrement, and a low point in american history, but what a freaking mess.  One thing that especially struck me is that it seems this insane political polarization we see now was quite alive and well, even way the heck back then.  Bald faced lies, paranoia, claims of "fake news", denying reality...and so much utterly pointless chaos, hypocrisy and lack of critical thinking at the core of it.

This series is quite well done, and includes so much footage live from the field (I was far too young to remember any of that at the time).  Just amazing, shocking and utterly horrifying.  I have no doubt they'll never allow themselves to be exposed like that again, but it's quite a reality check

as well made as it is, I decided to stop watching it.  It's clear there is no "why" in this story that holds any water at all.  Gah!

Watched the film "Extinction" last night. It was amazing. A real sucker punch that you do not expect is in it. Really good film. I enjoyed it very much.

Watching Dark Tourist on Netflix, original Netflix stuff seems to be really good or really bad, doesn't seem to be an in between. 

Edit: this one is really good!

On 28/07/2018, 09:59:30, Anna66 said:

Watched the film "Extinction" last night. It was amazing. A real sucker punch that you do not expect is in it. Really good film. I enjoyed it very much.

On watch list!

We watched Red Sparrow last night. Was interesting...:wacko: Good film, worth watching but the story was a bit so la la...

And we watched Mother... It is based on the Bible... Mother is Mother Earth, the Poet/writer is supposed to be God, Adam turns up followed by Eve, then Cain and Able... It was shall we say very disturbing...I am glad I saw it, but I think it will be a one time thing only! Some films I like to watch again, but this will not be one of them...

Have to say though, Jennifer Lawrence is amazing in both films!

PBS's American Experience - Rachel Carson.

It's fucking infuriating on so many levels.  

well worth a look - or maybe it's already too familiar, eh?