What are you watching right now?

580 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, fraufruit said:

House of Cards (US version), The Wire, Grace and Frankie (delightful), Suits...

Quite enjoyed Grace & Frankie and Suits... The good wife is also another one to watch as is, House ( 8 series), Heartland (10 series)..

21 hours ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

On episode 4 of 6 of PBS Series on Vietnam. Extremely well done ????????

PBS...the cheapest public broadcasting network in the world:  pay as you like.  Or not.  

and yet the quality is truly great for much of their programming.  Not "pretty good for being free", but truly great.

there are only a few "watchable" episodes (most are audio only) but "this american life" is one of my favorites in recent times.

Pretty hyped by Vikings, watching season 4 now but the story get's a bit weard latley. I hope they don't ruin it with this season.

Toytown on a Friday evening, Oscar worthy.

I haven’t watched Dr Who for over 50 years but a friend on Facebook has just posted a clip from an episode in which the Doctor brings Vincent van Gough into the 21st century.   The wonderful Bill Nighy is one of the cast.    Remarkable and quite moving. 

I've always like Badfinger's Day After Day, and found this version from Puddles Pity Party.

Watching a happy 7yr old "colouring in"....

# proud papa!

Have watched the 3 series of peaky blinders on netflix and series 4 on normal tv.. now re-watching GRIMM. Can't wait for netflix to get the 6th series :D

Was so turned off by the very first episode of Black MirrorThe National Anthem (basically PigGate, a crass one-trick pony) that we had pretty much abandoned it; but thanks to a friend gave it a second chance and have been enjoying the dystopian, modern day Twilight Zone feel. 

These particular episodes stood out from Seasons 1-3:

1. San Junipero. Season 3, Ep 4
2. White Christmas. Season 2, Ep 4  
3. Hated in the nation. Season 3, Ep 6

4. The entire history of you. Season 1, Ep 3
5. Fifteen million merits. Season 1, Ep 2

6. Be right back. Season 2, Ep 1

Any particular recommendations for Season 4?

If you haven't seen The Good Place yet, do so. Probably the funniest - and most thought-provoking - sitcom on TV right now.

Perfect for binging.

If any of you have access to BBC iPlayer, then watch the comedy "Mum".

The second series has just started, but the first series is available on catch up.

It is observational comedy at it's best, witty and very funny.

Watching Edd China restore a Citroen Duck on 'Wheeler Dealers' (DMAX mediatech/repeats from the week). Wishing Mike Brewer had not chosen the navy blue fabric for the roof. Edd's hairstyle: I want that. 

wdr tv "Kein Herz für Inder." Comedy film repeats at 02:30 .Exchange student Sandi from England supposed to be a girl for the lonely German teen Fiona to hang out with. German family shocked to find British Indian boy waiting at the airport instead. The kid speaks fluent German with  heavy accent and wears traditional clothes. Will he survive the German family, who want to send him back to London or the German school, where he seems to be the best student? Stars, among others, the taxi driver from the ING DiBa ads. Soundtrack cleverly punctuated with Beatles songs. Link to the mediatech to see the film free at https://www.wdr.de/programmvorschau/wdrfernsehen/sendung/2018-02-24/43025854/kein-herz-fuer-inder.html

After managing to source a copy on DVD I'm now re-watching possibly my favourite film of all time; Big Wednesday.

Sithee later ....